.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2003, 09:43 PM   #1
firstgeardude

communication

now communication is key as all of you know. However, for example, if someone you had been with had recently broken up with you, do you feel that you deserve to be justified with an answer as to why the two of you had broken up?

it seems wrong that someone would not tell you of your flaws... no?
Old 03-17-2003, 09:48 PM   #2
GirlRacer

Communication is a common flaw. Can't blame it on anyone I think.

Not everyone is the 'lets sit down & talk it out' type.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:34 PM   #3
mt.biker

I would say if you aren't able to tell them whats up there is a problem. Yes some reason is needed, possibly some details as to why you're breaking it off. I have found though that some girls dont let it drop and they try to work you for details you just dont have. Or they'll spin it around so its your fault.... either way talking about somethingm, maybe not a sit down convo but somethings need to be said and people should speak their mind.

It comes down to getting closure to an issue...
Old 03-17-2003, 10:39 PM   #4
DsBlu01CivEX

I'd love to know the actual reason why my ex broke things off with me....and at the time I continuously asked him why and he never actually had an answer...just blamed it on himself. I think the the dumper owes it to the dumpee at least 1 vaild reason to break off the relationship....might make it a lil easier on the dumpee.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 11:51 PM   #5
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

ive asked that ? before but gotten differebt answers at different times so when i ask why she keeps saying its for different things she just would tell me i never said that before but then again the girl (isee this know after all the time we were toghter) is crazy
ifeldwn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 01:29 PM   #6
firstgeardude

see i think that the dumper should provide the dumpee with a reason for blowing them off. As for me, and im sure for almost everyone else, i like to know what went wrong and whatnot, you know, the details...

Having to wonder would drive me crazy.....
Old 03-30-2003, 05:13 PM   #7
Shot 2 Hel

ive only been dumped once. But sometimes the reason that I break up with a girl are for reasons that I really cant put into words. It just stopped feeling right. Its not that there was someone else its just that it almost stopped being fun. I dunno maybe I'm weird
Old 04-11-2003, 07:24 AM   #8
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Good luck getting the other person to tell you why they broke up with you. I wouldnt worry about it to much, just move on. The answers you get will probably just be excuses more then actual reasons.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:31 AM   #9
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Shot 2 Hel
ive only been dumped once.

Man, you must be young.. bwahaha.. *jfwy*

You'll probably have a few more before the end of your lifetime..
Old 04-11-2003, 01:22 PM   #10
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

My ex bf gave me an altimatium between him and a guy that was just a friend ( I wasn't even sleeping with). He made me soo mad telling me that when I KNEW for a fact HE was sleeping around on ME! That was the ulitmate, I just told him to go f*ck himself and left, never looking back. Boy did I learn my lesson that love can be only one sided.....growing pains they call it....WTF! Although hindsight is always 20/20........ I sure am glad I got myself out of that mess.

Last edited by BlackWolf : 04-11-2003 at 01:26 PM.
BlackWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 12:33 AM   #11
VRGNCD5

Re: communication

Quote:
Originally posted by firstgeardude
if someone you had been with had recently broken up with you, do you feel that you deserve to be justified with an answer as to why the two of you had broken up?
Nah, I wouldn't need her to justify her reason for breaking up with me, if she didn't want to be with me anymore, that's all I'd need to know.
Old 04-18-2003, 01:08 PM   #12
nonovurbizniz

If your the dumpee and your STILL demanding things from them (ie and answer to why they dumped you) I think you answered your own question...

Also who cares... it doesn't matter what the reason is... not like it's going to change anything... and if your willing to change that part of you for them then your twisted.

Most times once something is over it's over... you can't really say why or fix it it's just done.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:14 AM   #13
imports_only98

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
It comes down to getting closure to an issue...

this is soooo true. i was head over heals for my last bf...i honestly thought he was the one. but a day after our 1 year he dumped me....and his only reason was that "fell out of love with me." what the hell can i do about that??? that was his reason and i can't argue it. it's just the way he felt about the situation. i had to respect his decision even though it sucked soooooo bad. and sometimes i still find myself searching for closure...as in a more specific reason. why did u fall out of love with me?? everything was perfect. but i guess time heals all wounds. i'll be all patched up soon enough!