.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2004, 11:53 PM   #41
Kool-Aid

Yea, I just hope I never run into those VW knuckleheads again...it's crazy how they are totally obsessed with their cars...
Old 06-28-2004, 01:34 AM   #42
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

^ Nothing wrong with being obssessed with your car...as long as it's a car worth being obssessed over.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 01:53 AM   #43
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by SolPol
The Mexican made ones are WAY more problematic. Used to be pretty evenly split in the U.S. as to whether you got a German or Mexican made VW. Now it's so rare to get a German made VW here that they call it the Wolfsburg Edition.

AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 10:32 PM   #44
spoogenet

I believe all the Passats are still made in Germany, if not then at least the GLX is. The Jettas are all Mexico these days.

The Phaeton is just sick, too bad it's a VW.

Of course where the car is assembled doesn't mean all the parts came from there. Some engines from Bulgaria I think, other parts from Mexico, some of the Mexican made ones have engines from Germany, etc.

A buddy of mine has a new '04 A4 3.0 quattro and already has problems. Windows not working (standard VW), brake lights not working (again, standard VW), and the rear trunk lid spoiler is leaking into his trunk......bwuhahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!

b
Old 06-29-2004, 10:15 PM   #45
nonovurbizniz

ALL german cars have problems with the brake lights... it's the way they're wired... if one goes out on one side the corresponding one on the opposite sides funtions inversly...

IE if left taillight is out right taillight is FULL on when in 'on' position and dims when the brakes are applied...

I never understood why it is but if you pay attention there are more german cars with brakelight problems than ANY other vehicle.