::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2002, 09:28 PM   #1
V8killimports

Quad Turbo AWD Viper with nitrous beaten by my Civic!

LOL..don't you guys wish. If we could get a few things straight before I start... first off, what is NOS? NOS stands for Nitrous Oxide Systems, which is the name of a company. SO when people say they have "NOS", or that they are running "NOS", they sound like morons. Next, let's please be more realistic about "mods". If you have a stock civic which makes what...100hp...then adding an exhaust will NOT make you 40hp. Power is dependent upon the engine and it's efficiency. An exhaust can add anywhere from 0%-5% power. So if you make 100hp you can gain 5hp, not 40hp. There is no exhaust system, no matter how expensive it is that adds 40% power to your engine. And for those guys that have civics that beat Z06 corvettes, or vipers. That is VERY rare. Yes I have seen it, but it happened to be a 50K motor with 2 turbos running like 25psi, and nitrous. You guys seem to think this is an everyday occurance. A civic beating something along the lines of a viper ot Z06 is like winning the California lottery...you have a chance..but only in a millions years. Now for this guy that has the 50k motor, he does have a fast car, but in the end it's still a POS ugly fast car. Now which car is the girl gonna get in? The stickered out, monster wing, bright yellow one wiper fast POS, or the viper? In addition, would you people really dump loads of cash into a civic, or buy a viper? Now for some of your signatures... "soon to be a 15 second car"...wtf? Are you serious? I had a 66 stang with a 30 year old stock 289 that ran in the 15's all day. Please tell me that sig is a joke. There are some of these cars that have deserve somre respect such as the supras, 300, and I even like the rx7...but please tell me...why a civic? There was a guy at college that bought a new 2001 civic, stripped out the interior, then added a turbo and ran low 15's. Why? All that cost close to 20k. Why? Buy a muscle car, drop a fuel injected motor in it, and for 15k you have a car that appreciates its' value and runs 12's.