Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2002, 10:42 PM   #1
Azkikr111

ok, to round out the main possibilities...6th Gen Civics

this is what ive come to pass over my few weeks of research...this is for 6th Gen civics: 1996 - 1998

H22A - wonderful to go in straight line, deadly with turbo, but when it comes to a daily driver, decrepid riding lawn mower could handle better cornering (i.e. bad weight displacement & suspension problems)...also the only engine listed here you may have swap troubles with, for you need a mounting kit...but body/engine bay modifications shouldnt be neccessary

B18C-R(*B18C5 for you USDM know-it-alls)roblem is finding one under a mosest man's income budget...yet still as deadly if not deadlier than an H22A going in a straight line, it's lighter and smaller, so the suspension/handling wont suffer as much

B18A/B18B/B18C - so so, but compared to the above.....WEAK!!, they drop down about 30-40hp in stock ratings, and cost anywhere up to an H22A, if not more, but certainly a step up from my D16 non-vtec

then last but certainly not least...

B16A - i believe this is the civic sir if not i stand corrected....lil bit weaker than all the rest but also a lot less costly...do this if under extreme tight budget and still addicted to the speed...

**my full suggestion, go for the H@@A for racing in a straight line, otherwise, if you want to go all out go for the teg type R B18C-R (also called B18C5 i believe [USDM code])