Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2006, 07:30 PM   #1
nonovurbizniz

Ordered the replacement cam

Well... I just said F it and ordered it last night... it should be here mid week and I'll put it in next weekend.

I might do the valvesprings/retainers this weekend since it's all apart.

I did manage to get get a decent amount of side stuff done although I wish money wasn't an issue right now or I would've done a LOT of other things and the car would've come out a completely different car by the end.

Although as it is I should see some good gains and the cars better than it was before so... whatever.

AGW next weekend the car should be running with...

Comp 59300 cam
Springs
Skunk 2 titanium retainers

Header painted
Exhaust leak free
hood latch cable working
y8 intake manifold
ARP head studs
Cometic Boost ready HG

I MAY port out the exhaust ports a touch... but that all depends on time/convenience.

Oh and I'm gunna finally cut my drilled rotors... so that should be nice... although it would've been better if I had put on the Prelude Calipers/Rotors I have... but there were a couple little things I need to do that so I skipped it since money is tight now...

It's good to make some progress but it's REALLY discouraging when you F something up so stupid and if you had just stopped and thought for 3 seconds it wouldn't have happened... AND it's depressing when I get to thinking about how much MORE shit I have to do to make it what I want... but I certainly can't afford a platform change and I LOVE driving the car... so I think if I just cool off on the spending and enjoy what I've done/finish with the stuff I still have to do I think it'll be alright...

Anybody else just get straight discouraged thinking about what your end goal is and how far off it is?