User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2005, 02:40 PM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

The most underrated movies

Ok...so I'm trying to put together a list of the most underrated or most ignored good movies. Three rules apply:

1. It has to be made within the last 5-10 years.
2. It has to be Amerikan (or at least released in the U.S.). Otherwise I could make a list pages long of Asian movies you've never heard of and will never see.
3. No romance movies. Romance movies are shitty swill and do not deserve to be considered in the same light as most other films.

That all being said, I'm having trouble getting past 2. My first would have to be 8MM. The movie is just so damn disturbing and when you ask people if they like it they always cringe and tell you it was sick. I happen to love it, so fuck them. Second would have to be one Wren reminded me of the other day, Equilibrium. I finally got to sit down and watch it and just about blew my load. There's a lot of existentialism (and I mean A LOT) and most people who know me know I hate existentialism. But this time it's broken up with Orwellian themes and some retardedly amazing action sequences. Plus it's always good when Tae Diggs gets his shit ruined by a samurai sword. Let's see any Matrix movie step to that. Sadly, since this turned a profit in Europe alone it's U.S. release was limited since the studio didn't want to risk making it a money loser.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote