.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2004, 09:24 PM   #1
Wren57

My college crossroads

I'm somewhat torn right now. All of my life I have had good values and high standards thanks to a loving traditional southern family. This premature maturity has caused lots of problems. I think more like an adult than a lot of adults I know, and treat situations with a seriousness that most college students just don't have. I'm stuck at a crossroads where I need to make a decision on what direction I want to take for the rest of my college life.

1) Stay the way I am now. Keep high standards, strong values and morals, and continue to respect women. This is the way I am now. It has caused a divide between myself and Vi who doesn't exactly share the values I have. I won't be having sex with anyone any time soon because I respect women and myself too much to have sex with someone I am not dating, I wasn't raised like that. I would be an adult stuck in a heavy party college.

2) Immature; lose some of my values, drop my morals and lower my standards. I find it fascinating that I can even consider this when I put it as simply as I just did. But, I would be able to handle Vi's flaws easier, keeping a better relationship with her. Also I would "fit in" more here, be able to hookup with girls I know, and live a simpler college life.

Which option fits me best? Right now, I simply do not know. I want to maintain my high morals and values, but at the same time I don't want to be critical of Vi's actions simply because I choose to not engage in similar activities. I don't want to spend the next 3 years of my college life as a loner, but I don't want to just have sex with someone either. I think what I need right now is a steady GF, a girl who is not just a sex object, but my best friend. That is what I had, and I feel like I've gone backwards by not having one now. Sure they aren't hard to find, but I'm a laid back kinda guy and don't like to actively pursue women, it's just not my style, and has caused me to make mistakes in the past, so I really should learn from them. Someone help... Thanks ya'll.