.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2004, 06:00 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Some serious drama

Ok...I'm usually a wiz at handling people's relationships (other people's of course...can't do shit for my own), but now I'm faced with a new problem. I found out this weekend, just before I came back to school actually, that my brother and his wife of 9 months are seperating. This kind of pissed me off seeing as how she's been divorced once before (after almost 2 years of "bliss") and she's only 26 or so. Me and all of my/my brother's friends (we're only about 1 1/2 years apart so we grew up with the same people) kind of joked around before he got married that it wouldn't last since she'd dropped her previous husband on his ass. Now...this was good natured ribbing but none of us actually figured it would happen and certainly didn't want it to as my brother's a good guy, unlike many of his man-whore friends. Now that it's actually happened (apparently 9 months is too much of a commitment for this girl), none of us knows what to do. I won't bad-mouth her around my brother...it's still technically his wife and in the infintely minute chance they get back together that would be bad. A mutual friend of ours is currently living with them (he just moved back from Florida and needed a place to stay) and was telling me stories of a local cop who would come over when my brother was gone...apparently they'd talk and talk until my friend Jason entered the room and then they'd clam up. If this is what I think it is I swear I will kick this girl's ass. I won't hit a lady...but I have no problem hitting a woman (yes, there's a huge difference) if she screws over the people close to me in such a serious fashion. Here's my problem...I'm not good at all with displays of emotion or anything of that nature unless it's in song and/or on stage. How the hell am I supposed to act around my brother now that I know this (he didn't tell me himself)? I know too many people who have been divorced, but none going THROUGH a divorce. This has got me all kindsa fucked up.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote