.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2004, 09:56 AM   #1
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Seeking male advice

I'm going to try to make this as short and simple as possible as not to bore anyone and because I know how short a man's attention span can be sometimes. No offense gentlemen.

The background:
I had a thing for this guy Matt I worked with at my first job during our senior year of high school, which was 5 yrs ago. Innocent crush, so I never pursued anything or even told him I liked him. Then I ended up meeting one of his good friends, Ryan, that he went to high school with and I ended up dating Ryan for about a year. After our senior year, Matt and Ryan both attended colleges out of town and I stayed local to attend an art college and I didn't see much of Matt thereafter. Ryan and I ended up breaking up not long after he started college. The long distance put too much of a strain on our relationship. Over the past 3 years I've seen both out at bars/clubs and what not and we sometimes talk and catch up.

The situation:
Several weeks ago I saw Matt at a bar that my friends and I were at. After several pass bys and glances later, we end up talking. I still find him attractive, so of course I do what most girls do best and flirt. Things seem to be going well and he says something about checking out the bars in Philly, which is close to where he now lives, but about 2 and a half hours from me. I agree and ask for his phone number, but we don't have access to a pen and paper so he gets my number instead and puts it into his phone. He tells me he'll call me so then I'll have his number in my phone. About 5 minutes after we leave he calls to give me his number (I take that as a good sign).

So, now the ball is in my court so to speak, but I'm retarded and have issues calling guys. (don't ask ) It's been about a month since I saw him that night at the bar and I haven't called him yet. Here's where I need some male input: I don't really know him all that well and I've tossed around the idea of asking him if he would want to meet up some Saturday and hang out. I want to play it off as casual but still want him know I'm interested, by planning on going shopping at this big mall in the Philly area and seeing if he would want to meet up there.

The question:
As a guy do you think that this is a lame idea and more important, would you even give a girl a chance if she waited a month to call you?
I'm open for any suggestions.

(So much for short and simple, sorry guys)

Last edited by Whiteclipse99 : 02-13-2004 at 10:51 AM.
Whiteclipse99 is offline   Reply With Quote