.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2003, 12:23 PM   #1
fzr400tony

question for the ladies

this is gonna be stupid, but i'm curious.

as a kid i was into bmx bikes. and there were girls who liked guys who rode bmx bikes, but rarely a girl who rode bmx.

then it was skateboards. lots of "skate-betties," no skating betties.

then i got into pocket rockets as the import car scene was referred to then. no chicks liked it at all. they all liked the gti until i started it or they rode in it. but that was the early 90's and i lived in a hick town. plus it was pretty much all go, no show (well for what i could afford in college).

then i got into bikes. lots, i mean lots of girls who liked guys with sportbikes. but rarely do you meet one who actually rides. it has gotten better in the past 3 years, but it's still rare that you run into a girl at the track who's actually racing. and it's sad to say, but a lot of the girls that do ride don't seem to have any real passion for the bike.

but as my desire to never leave anything alone is slowly invading my integra, i noticed that a lot of girls are into imports. i mean my soon-to-be wife has a civic, but it's definitely not racer. but i've been seeing a lot of girls with some pretty stout looking imports.

what's the change? is it just that women are finally believing that girls can do anything, besides wearing a t-shirt that says it? or is it something about the way that a lot of imports are more cosmetic in nature that appeals to women.

anyway, sorry if i insulted anyone, i understand i am as subtle as a sledgehammer. i'm just curious. and yes, i understand that there are fast imports and fast cars driven and maintained by women and i have been smoked at the track by a female roadracer (samatha something) and i'm sure there are great bmx and skate betties, i'm not trying to get anyone mad. just curious.