.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2003, 09:19 AM   #1
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

And this is what happens....

....when I finally put myself out there.

I've liked this guy, Rob, a bouncer at a club I go to every Friday night for a few months now. He found out early on that I liked him, thanks in part to my one friend. One night she took the liberty of telling him that she has a friend (and pointed to me) that wants to talk to him, but doesn't know how and he told her to tell me to look for him at the end of the night. So at the end of the night I talk to him and at the end of our talk I ask him for his number (which is not like me at all, I don't know what I was thinking!), but he didn't give it to me and instead asks if I'm going to be at this bar that he knows I usually go to on Wed. and I say yes of course and he said that he might be there. Well Wed. night comes and he's at the bar. Of course being the wimp that I am I don't talk to him till the end of the night and the convo was short because he had to go. (he usually doesn't go out on Wed. because he's student teaching, which I took as a good sign that he at least showed up that one Wed.)

Well, Friday nights at the club come and go and the most we ever converse is "hi, how are you" at the beginning of the night and "bye, have a nice weekend" at the end of the night. When we would pass each other I would usually get a smile and sometimes when he would stand and watch the crowd I would catch him staring at me. So after a couple of weeks of this going on I finally work up all the courage I have to ask him out this past Friday. I think, he's giving me pretty good signs so I should just go for it or else I'll regret it. Well I finally do and I get turned down!! I simply asked him if he wanted to go out sometime and he hesitated a bit and then said that he doesn't date girls that go to the club because it's a conflict of interest. Of course I was completely crushed, but I said that was fine and that I understood. This is what happens when I finally put myself out there! I never ask guys out, simply because I'm too shy and I'm afraid of being rejected and now I know why. I just thought I'd share my pain and I guess my accomplishment with everyone. Guess this is why they call them crushes.....you get crushed!

Last edited by Whiteclipse99 : 03-31-2003 at 09:26 AM.
Whiteclipse99 is offline   Reply With Quote