Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2005, 10:20 PM   #1
B16DoHcCrx033003
4th Gear

Hooka!

Latley me and my friends have been doing to a Hooka Bar. Has anyone ever been to one of these. A family at my old school owned it and they came to America trying to make money when their house burnt down. They are the nicest people in the world. This is like a normal thing for them to over there where they lived. Even like 5 year old kids would do it. Now we go there and give them as much money as we can and leave big tips. Heres a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hooka.jpg (16.2 KB, 87 views)
B16DoHcCrx033003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 11:53 PM   #2
Kyle
elyK

I've heard about them...never been to one though. whats the deal with those things anyway...do you smoke tobacco or some other kind of plant or something?...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:15 AM   #3
CD5Passion

it's intended for flavored tobacco...and in all honesty it's stupid as shit. theres one of those around here and a kid brought one to a party.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:41 AM   #4
V8killimports

Tobacco that is soaked in diferent types of syrup and flavors.. I never been into it, but you can buy all kinds of decorative hookas and different flavored tobacci.
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 05:40 AM   #5
Wren57

I've done it once, last week. Really mellows you out. I enjoyed it... it is kinda a cross between tobacco and pot bc it is rather strong and burns for 45 minutes...
Old 01-27-2005, 05:45 AM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Hookas are lame no matter what is smoked out of them. A bong works just as well for whatever you're smoking. But then again if you're smoking pot you're automatically a douche. I applaude your efforts to help out that family, but hookas just suck.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:47 AM   #7
V8killimports

I rather smell a hooka than smell cig smoke.. I rather eat poo than sit next to someone eating and smoking
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:11 PM   #8
RxGoaT13
4th Gear

theres a hookah lounge here in town,its alright if your bored. they sell coffee too.
RxGoaT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:29 PM   #9
Kyle
elyK

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
But then again if you're smoking pot you're automatically a douche.
Is there reasoning behing that? probably not

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 01-27-2005, 02:14 PM   #10
B16DoHcCrx033003
4th Gear

It relaxes you a lot. Also suppost to make you feel better if you have a headache or such. I love it i do it almost every day for about 4 hours.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:42 PM   #11
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle
Is there reasoning behing that? probably not

Of course there is.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 01-28-2005, 01:00 PM   #12
Kyle
elyK

Judging people by what they do instead of who they are is pretty immature. I sure would hate to be you.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 01-28-2005, 01:14 PM   #13
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

you cant make a good argument against pot if you think drinking is ok. im sorry just cant be done.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 01:20 PM   #14
AkimboStylee

damn right ^

no offense steve, but i do smoke, and im not a douche, i smoke before i go to bed and so i can fall asleep
Old 01-28-2005, 01:24 PM   #15
Wren57

If you brush your teeth you are gay.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:12 PM   #16
Mischief

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander

Well now the secret's out :o
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:49 PM   #17
B16DoHcCrx033003
4th Gear

GT maybes is lame to you but if you dont like it, you dont have to say they people who do it suck. Cause if we did that i woudl laugh at you for driving a damn Ford.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:16 PM   #18
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:

A message from Master Shake.

Sorry guys.,..but I'm going to have to disagree. I still remember high school. I smoked a ton of pot and so did most of my friends. In general, we were all a bunch of douche bags. The smart ones quite before we graduated. And I can't really draw a parallel between drinking and smoking pot. I don't feel nearly the same way...not nearly as apathetic. Besides, I know where I'll be after 6 beers. Depending on what kind of pot you ge, you have NO idea where you'll be after a bowl or two.

Old 01-28-2005, 04:26 PM   #19
Kyle
elyK

So basically...you're a douche bag(as said by you) and you don't know how to control your use.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 01-28-2005, 04:54 PM   #20
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
So basically...you're a douche bag(as said by you) and you don't know how to control your use.

Yeah...I was a douche bag. I haven't smoked pot in years...since I was 16 or so. Back when I did, yeah, I was a complete dipshit. And "control your use"? How exactly does one control their intake of an uncontrolled substance with 1,000 varying degrees of potency? Look...it's just an opinion. You don't have to agree. Don't like it? *shrug*

Old 01-28-2005, 06:08 PM   #21
Kyle
elyK

I know I don't have to agree. I definetly wasn't trying to.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 01-28-2005, 06:14 PM   #22
thermal
Banning Machine

hooka bars are all over greece... or almost anywhere in europe..

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:26 PM   #23
mavaaoife

there is a hooka bar in statesboro at Ga Southern... its a Big sat. night thing

Http://www.myspace.com/tehren84
mavaaoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 12:22 AM   #24
Fatal070

I actually loved the hookah bar LoL I went to the same one Tim did actually with Tim. We were there for at least 2 hours it was great just 7 good friends hanging out lol and damn Tim is right it actually calms you down...
Old 01-29-2005, 12:27 AM   #25
Wren57

If you have decent intelligence you can look at weed and tell the potency...
Old 01-29-2005, 12:40 AM   #26
Kyle
elyK

Quote:

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 01-29-2005, 01:00 AM   #27
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:

Awww...sure you can puddin'.

Old 01-29-2005, 03:44 AM   #28
Wren57

Well hell... Kyle and I both smoke pot and agree on being able to tell the potency. You must not have been a very educated pot smoker back in the day. You look for density, red hairs, crystals, and avoid sticks/stems. Any pot connesuier (sp?) can tell what the quality is by looking and smelling it. Just because you lack an ability doesn't mean others don't posess it. Geez... you aren't God, I promise...
Old 01-29-2005, 06:14 AM   #29
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I'm not saying you can't tell if one's strong or not. And I could always tell the difference between the different kinds. But you have no clue what someone has used to grow it or how they nurtured it so you have no idea how strong it is (aside from knowing whether it's kind, hydro, stick, chronic, etc.).

A "pot connesuier"? What the fuck is that? If someone had called me that ever back when I smoked they would've been on the business end of my foot. Fucking hell...there comes a time when you need to stop being a dumbass teenager and grow the fuck up. Whatever your reasoning for smoking pot is, I assure you that it's fucking lame. It's an escape from all of real (or Wren, in your case, perceived) problems of everyday life. For fuck's sake...have some self respect.

Old 01-29-2005, 12:17 PM   #30
Kyle
elyK

Looking at the seeds can also give you an idea of how good the pot's genes are. Check for size and small lines or spots. These are usually indicators of good weed if grown right...But most of the time steve, the weed off the streets is not taken care of at all so you don't really have to worry about it being too potent. Also, if you're trying to buy some badass weed, it's going to cost a bit more for the higher quality stuff... You can spend 25 bucks for a half ounce of decent swag or 20-25 bucks for a couple grams of some higher quality strain

EXPLORE THE TRUTH

Last edited by Kyle : 01-29-2005 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:42 PM   #31
Wren57

My reason for smoking pot is "fucking lame", eh? You don't even know my reason. I never smoke to get stoned... I just smoke a little bit because it loosens me up and makes me (get this), more social. I am more friendly, meet more people, and am generally a nicer person after smoking a little bit of weed. What the hell is so wrong with that?

It is hilarious your hypocrisy. Why do you drink, Steve?
Old 01-29-2005, 04:02 PM   #32
CD5Passion

back when I smoked (which was about 1 year if that) I smoked with a few of my friends and apparently that dro was laced with something.....I was tripping for hours, i don't remember most of that night but it was scary as shit
I stopped doing it after that experience, i seriously thought i was going to die haha
Old 01-29-2005, 04:38 PM   #33
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Looking at the seeds can also give you an idea of how good the pot's genes are. Check for size and small lines or spots. These are usually indicators of good weed if grown right...But most of the time steve, the weed off the streets is not taken care of at all so you don't really have to worry about it being too potent. Also, if you're trying to buy some badass weed, it's going to cost a bit more for the higher quality stuff... You can spend 25 bucks for a half ounce of decent swag or 20-25 bucks for a couple grams of some higher quality strain

Oh I know...one of my best friends in high school was a dealer. And not the dime bag here and there kind of dealer, either. After going on 2 or 3 buys with him I figured out real quick what to look for. But even then I was suprised a good amount of the time.

Old 01-29-2005, 04:46 PM   #34
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
My reason for smoking pot is "fucking lame", eh? You don't even know my reason. I never smoke to get stoned... I just smoke a little bit because it loosens me up and makes me (get this), more social. I am more friendly, meet more people, and am generally a nicer person after smoking a little bit of weed. What the hell is so wrong with that?

It is hilarious your hypocrisy. Why do you drink, Steve?

Hypocricsy? I don't really see how. I don't smoke weed and haven't for quite a long time. I'm an almost entirely different person now than when I did.

Why do I drink? A number of reasons, I suppose. It helps with my anxiety...something my medicine hasn't quite been able to tackle yet. And I'm not quite sure, but seeing as how I started shortly after my dad's death, I would imagine it might have something to do with a bit of depression. But fuck man...at least I'm honest with myself about it. If you're too uptight to enjoy social settings without pot...lighten up. Ironically, I usually won't drink at parties or gatherings. I don't need the "it makes me more social" excuse.

Old 01-29-2005, 05:52 PM   #35
B16DoHcCrx033003
4th Gear

Well, GT i agree with both of them and not you. Listen to yourself. "oh you can get drunk to realease stress, but you cant smoke weed." Im 16 and i can bet i went through a lot more shit then you have been in your whole life. I can almost promise you that. For about 6 years of my life i smoked weed, yes i started when i was around 8. Thats how i grew up. I've also died from drugs and was in the hospital for days. I do agree that there is a time to stop weed in your life. So far you have had no good fight against what i was saying. I am also on many drugs for depression and other stuff. If they arnt helping you better go back to you doctor. not say "Oh i drink to get rid of my problems" ...... retard.....
Old 01-29-2005, 05:56 PM   #36
Wren57

Well I don't smoke to relieve anxiety or depression. I don't have the "my dad died" excuse. Not trying to sound like an asshole, but see what I am getting at? And I AM honest that it helps me be more social. Nothing is wrong with either of our situations or reasons for why we do what we do; they are just different.

Everyone is different and does their own thing for different reasons; doesn't make it wrong just because it isn't the same thing as what you do...
Old 01-29-2005, 06:40 PM   #37
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by B16DoHcCrx033003
Well, GT i agree with both of them and not you. Listen to yourself. "oh you can get drunk to realease stress, but you cant smoke weed." Im 16 and i can bet i went through a lot more shit then you have been in your whole life. I can almost promise you that. For about 6 years of my life i smoked weed, yes i started when i was around 8. Thats how i grew up. I've also died from drugs and was in the hospital for days. I do agree that there is a time to stop weed in your life. So far you have had no good fight against what i was saying. I am also on many drugs for depression and other stuff. If they arnt helping you better go back to you doctor. not say "Oh i drink to get rid of my problems" ...... retard.....

Oh please...let me sit here and listen to life lessons from a 16 year old. Like I could possibly give a shit that some kid doesn't agree with me. Ya know what? When I was 16 I thought my life was shitty and I thought I knew it all too. You grow up, you learn different. Not once did I say I drank to relieve stress. Stress and anxiety are two completely different things. And don't even pretend for a second to think you can even imagine what I've been through in my life. But this isn't a fucking telethon or a pity party. Besides...I'm just guessing. Like I know all of the reasons I do things. I don't drink to "get rid of my problems", but it certainly helps in a pinch where medications don't. And there aren't any doctors left to go back to. I've been on so many prescription drugs I've lost count, so shut up. Seriously...in 7 years when you're 23 come back and tell me that when you were 16 you had it all figured out. And in 7 years when I'm 30 I'm sure my outlook on life will have evolved, too. Until then, shove it.

And Wren...I'm not trying to make excuses...just trying to find explanations. I honestly don't know all of the reasons I do what I do, but I still do them and that's all that really matters for the time being. You also have to start realizing that the stuff I say is merely my opinion. Like I said before...agree or disagree, I really don't care. I'm not putting any of this out there as fact. You really do need to quit taking me so seriously.

Old 01-30-2005, 10:01 PM   #38
B16DoHcCrx033003
4th Gear

First this isn't a pitty party. Second, Wow your older i dont give a flying fuck at all. Saying that because im 16 i have never been through anything. Nice one bro. Your dad is not with us any more. I dont think you watched it happen tho huh? My mom is very close to dieing. Everyday i watch her cry because they cant do anything about it any more. Your 26 and a lot more mature then me i know. But deal with it. My mom is the only thing i have so fuck you. I like how you tell me on yeah every 16 year old bitches how his life is shitty. The day you watch your brother stab your dad then your dad stab your brother in the face you tell me fucking retard.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:06 PM   #39
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by B16DoHcCrx033003
First this isn't a pitty party. Second, Wow your older i dont give a flying fuck at all. Saying that because im 16 i have never been through anything. Nice one bro. Your dad is not with us any more. I dont think you watched it happen tho huh? My mom is very close to dieing. Everyday i watch her cry because they cant do anything about it any more. Your 26 and a lot more mature then me i know. But deal with it. My mom is the only thing i have so fuck you. I like how you tell me on yeah every 16 year old bitches how his life is shitty. The day you watch your brother stab your dad then your dad stab your brother in the face you tell me fucking retard.

Dude...seriously...did you even read what I psted? I think not...otherwise you wouldn't have turned this into a "wah wah my life's worse" competition. You reiterate what I said about not having a pity party, yet you go on to list all of the reasons you have it worse. You also made the presumption that I was implying that your life was all sunshine and roses...which I clearly did not. Way to go man. And yes, I did watch my dad die. It takes a while to die from lymphoma, usually. My father in particular took a year. But my point is that in a few years you'll probably have a different outlook on your life as a whole that will be changed radically from what it is now. You really want to be mature? Stay on point. I really am sorry about your mom...I've been there and I know how it feels...but it doesn't have anything to do with what I said.

Old 01-31-2005, 12:04 AM   #40
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

you knoe wha t ? i agrre with highlander for onece: drunk >>>>>>>>> high :o wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote