Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2004, 03:40 PM   #1
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

engine swap question

I have a 2001 civic ex. I want si but now im thinking I should just keep my model and do an engine swap so all those bastards thinking I have a cheap slow civic will think otherwise. Should I go with the si engine or the h22(prelude engine?) I can get the h22 installed for 2k. The question is if I do an engine swap, what will the outcome be? will it be reliable? will I get to use everything in my car already... like intake muffler header etc?
Do I have to buy prelude parts or will civic parts still fit?
Also should I wait til I get 100k+ mileage on my engine before I do this because my engine right now only had 50k mileage and is still running good.. any suggestion would be nice thanks
Civic_RedLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 06:47 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

Hmmm.... I didnt know that H-series swap is now available for the 7th gen..... I say go with a K-series swap instead (RSX-S). The intake should come with the swap. The exhaust system may have to be modified.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 11:26 PM   #3
JDMFantasy2k

i know i'm going to sound like pdigs, but if you SEARCH and do a little research, it will go a long way.

but as to you other questions, about the swap. I'm assuming the only reason you want to swap is for the power. Basically, how bad do you want it. If you're willing to drive your engine into the ground and get what you can out of it, then do it. If you have the money right now for the swap and you want the power, then go that route. But basically, learn more about what you're looking for, what you're trying to achieve, and what you want your end result to be. And then search.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:07 AM   #4
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

Yup I have read and searched the forums. To me that isnt enough info, so I needed to know more about it. Ive read in the past that the front end will be 2" lower. I really dont know whats the best engine to put in my civic. If there is possible a better engine with more reliablility and more drive train then Id rather take that route. I drive a minimum of 100 miles per day which is alot of mile for an average driver, so I need an engine that will give good power and that is reliable for an every day driver. I was thinking about turbo, but like what people say," a good turbo needs alot of matinence".
Oh and thermal... are you talking about the new acura engines type-s that comes in 6spd only?
Civic_RedLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 04:47 AM   #5
soundspeed

Yes, thermal is talking about the rsx-s engine. The engine bays are the same on your car as they are on those cars. The difference is the motor is completely different and it is turned the other way, but the k-series motor will fit with (I believe minimul fuss) contact Hasport and find out everything you need for the swap. Also the si motor from the new hatch's will also work but the type-s motor is the way to go if you are realy serious about a swap.

The Only Replacement For Displacement...Is Technology

Last edited by soundspeed : 08-16-2004 at 04:51 AM.
soundspeed is offline   Reply With Quote