::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2004, 07:44 PM   #1
hatchbackjesse95

i need a car

whats up i'm new to the club, and i havn't got a car yet. I'm looking for a honda civic hb 92-97 with a vtec engine for cheap. the problem is that i live in the smallest town on earth, wentworth new hampshire. if your from around the nh or mass area and can provide help, even if your not it would be much appreciated
Old 07-07-2004, 08:38 PM   #2
IALuder

www.autotrader.com
www.cars.com

try those.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 08:40 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

The "Questions and Comments" section is for asking questions retaining to the website only.

Direct any other questions in the catagory that best fits it...in this case, "shifting gears"
So...Im moving it there.

pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 10:46 PM   #4
JDMFantasy2k

hmm i found my car by going to kbb.com, then look in the local classifieds into what make, model, year, and price you're looking for. I found my civic about 45 miles away for a reasonable price, and the girl i bought it from said she only had it listed for a day. so it worked well for me.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:31 AM   #5
biker's back

do everyone a favour and buy something other then a civic... PLEASE!!
Old 07-08-2004, 11:15 AM   #6
IALuder

why buy something other than a civic? their cheap and inexpenisve to mod. sure there are lots of them and many people "rice" them. but i think their a good gas saving and badass looking car.

Old 07-08-2004, 11:20 AM   #7
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by SFKing
why buy something other than a civic? their cheap and inexpenisve to mod. sure there are lots of them and many people "rice" them. but i think their a good gas saving and badass looking car.
Because he likes being an asshole. You just have to ingore the fairy.
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:23 AM   #8
IALuder

oh yeah i forgot that.:o

Old 07-08-2004, 11:34 AM   #9
CD5Passion

Old 07-08-2004, 11:37 AM   #10
JDMFantasy2k

hey just try to ignore the ricey civics, and look at nice ones like mine, and pats and i'm sure there's many others. Or whatever the hell else you're looking for.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:25 PM   #11
biker's back

Quote:
Originally posted by SFKing

why buy something other then a civic? Well there are alot of opions out there for someone in the used car market besides civics.

He didn't mention anything about needing a car that was good on gas and it rather defeats the purpose of buying an 'eco' to ruin the 'eco' factor of the car by modin it.

Every kid owns a civic and maybe not everyone feels the call to try and do something different but it would be nice if some people let new time buyers know there are other opions out there.

NOT to mention a 10% power gain on 115hp still makes it a slow car and most if not all mod's look crappy on civics. I personally would be embarased to do anything more then tint the windows on a civic if i ever bought one. When people realize they are a a to b car and stop screwing around my city streets will be nicer to drive it. Civic modders are wanabie performance owners. fart can mufflers, wings, chops, big rims, intakes and so on.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:53 PM   #12
hatchbackjesse95

i'm not buying a civic because it's cheap to mod, i only work during the summer because i'm still in school and don't have time to work. it's the only type of car that i would be able to afford, i probably won't end up being able to do much moding anyway, i love to be able to get a 1995 toyota supra but thats not going to happen for a whi;e
Old 07-08-2004, 12:55 PM   #13
hatchbackjesse95

oh by the way what kind of car do you like?
Old 07-08-2004, 01:33 PM   #14
biker's back

Quote:
Originally posted by hatchbackjesse95
i'm not buying a civic because it's cheap to mod, i only work during the summer because i'm still in school and don't have time to work. it's the only type of car that i would be able to afford, i probably won't end up being able to do much moding anyway, i love to be able to get a 1995 toyota supra but thats not going to happen for a whi;e

if cheap is the name of the game you could probably get a domestic for less then a civic.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:35 PM   #15
biker's back

Quote:
Originally posted by hatchbackjesse95
oh by the way what kind of car do you like?

A wide range of cars actually, from a handful of current domestics, to a ton of euro and asian cars. Just civics are way to over done
Old 07-08-2004, 08:50 PM   #16
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by biker's back
A wide range of cars actually, from a handful of current domestics, to a ton of euro and asian cars. Just civics are way to over done
So are mustangs. You see, your under the impression that people on this board value your opnion. They don't.
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:44 AM   #17
Violent Apathy

Lay off biker man. What'd he do to piss you off so much? Because he doesn't like civics? I don't much care for civics either, they're way overdone and way overhyped. I coulda bought a civic but decided to go with a 2nd gen Integra and have no regrets. Don't go bashing people just because they have a different opinion than yours...

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 06:43 AM   #18
hatchbackjesse95

well just because he has his own oppinion doesn't mean that he ha to try to force it on me, and i know that there are lots of cars domestic and import that i could get for cheap, but i happen to like civics. i'm entitled to my own opinion too.