Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2004, 12:30 AM   #1
RxGoaT13
4th Gear

cruisin

i live in modesto which is where george lucas filmed parts of the movie "american graffitti" its kinda known as a cruisin town though the cops would like to change that if they could. every friday and saturday night the streets of mchenry and J street are filled with people cruisin and showin off the rides. not to mention the negative stuff like fights and street racing. but i was wondering if any of you go out cruisin or have spots in your town/city that are known for it?
RxGoaT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:04 AM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Everybody here skips the cruising bullshit and heads right out to the MoKan raceway. Those "cruising" spots usually have a fair amount of fag in them so I stay away. Usually a bunch of cocks with big stereos sitting next to shitbox cars and talking about how they're better than you when they're clearly retarded.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 06:47 AM   #3
IALuder

^yup what he said but in a different place. here iowa. people go down town Des Moines "scoope the loop" is a huge circle 10 block long. pretty much fags and underage chicks go there to get some from eachother. while hard asses start fights with the fags. ect ect ect. i just go straight to the races or were everyone meets up for it.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 07:09 AM   #4
wal
2nd Gear

yeah in darlington we have a car park home to the car slags and boyracers, i call them boyracers because they all seem to have 1.2 renault clio's or vauxhall corsas (1.2) with big exhausts thinking they are knocking out like 130 bhp lol but now and again ya see a nice car sometime theres a mr2 there but generally its like 17-19 years olds getting stuck into the 14-16 year old car slags, sometimes i park up and they all come over and they are like hey nice car, what engine ya got ? wanna race ?? and its like na i dont wanna waste ma petrol on ya
wal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:02 PM   #5
RxGoaT13
4th Gear

lol, sounds like a shitty scene.
RxGoaT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:51 PM   #6
nonovurbizniz

Most of the "cruising" deals around here are classic ONLY... they would not react well at all to someone in an import... I don't even know if they'd let 80's+ domestics participate...

Then there are meets... which are for any kind of car you could want... they're hard to find out about unless you're directly envolved with one of the clubs or websites that organize them...

Then there are car shows for just about any kind of car..

Then there are races... same goes for just about anywhere... it's just a matter of hooking up with your local scene somehow...

I like going to car shows now and again (classic mostly) and some honda meets... if there's a VW one my buddy is going to I may tag along...
Old 06-24-2004, 05:24 PM   #7
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by wal
yeah in darlington we have a car park home to the car slags and boyracers, i call them boyracers because they all seem to have 1.2 renault clio's or vauxhall corsas (1.2) with big exhausts thinking they are knocking out like 130 bhp lol but now and again ya see a nice car sometime theres a mr2 there but generally its like 17-19 years olds getting stuck into the 14-16 year old car slags, sometimes i park up and they all come over and they are like hey nice car, what engine ya got ? wanna race ?? and its like na i dont wanna waste ma petrol on ya

hehheheheheheh just reading this guys post make me laugh.

I laugh the petrol part
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 06:45 PM   #8
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

When I first moved to Gainesville everyone was talking about this big cruise scene here in town...I stayed away for as long as I could until one night my roomate begged me to go.."It's cool...there are alot of people that cruise". So, I bit and we went ...I was pissed...the cruise consisted of making a loop thru 2 traffic lights, turn left, drive past mall...go thru 2 lights, turn at Burger King, start all over again....I wanted to kick my roomate in the balls for putting me thru that....

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 06:53 PM   #9
CD5Passion

^...how...senseless I only "cruise" when I got shit on my mind..
Old 06-24-2004, 08:14 PM   #10
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Shardsofxapril
^...how...senseless I only "cruise" when I got shit on my mind..

me too....and its not where everyone "cruises"

Quote:
When I first moved to Gainesville everyone was talking about this big cruise scene here in town...I stayed away for as long as I could until one night my roomate begged me to go.."It's cool...there are alot of people that cruise". So, I bit and we went ...I was pissed...the cruise consisted of making a loop thru 2 traffic lights, turn left, drive past mall...go thru 2 lights, turn at Burger King, start all over again....I wanted to kick my roomate in the balls for putting me thru that....

Thats kinda like ours, except we go through on light go about 1/2 a mile turn right into "strip mall" parking lot, turn around go back that same 1/2 mile and turn into the same "strip mall" parking lot and do it again......stupi waste of time
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 02:50 PM   #11
Shot 2 Hel

people hang out at the mcdonalds parking lot here but thats about it, some people cruise but not that many, plus i havent really been to mcdonalds in a while
Old 06-25-2004, 04:01 PM   #12
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

The McD's crowds are particularly lame. In Kansas City the guys who hang out at McD's are the kinds of guys who would slap neons on a Chevy Celebrity and then play a game of verbal grab ass over how each other's cars were "tight dawg".
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 04:10 PM   #13
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

yea we got one here in town. Then Canton is the biggest place there is. We sit at one of the local performance shops up there the guy owns and he sometimes comes out and sits with us and the cops sometimes come in and bull shit its kind of cool
Old 06-25-2004, 05:46 PM   #14
CD5Passion

people meet up at a Sonic fastfood on one side of the bridge where the races take places on fridays and saturday nights, usually some quick cars there mustangs and tegs alike
Old 06-25-2004, 07:30 PM   #15
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Roll through the flats in dowtown CLeveland and then hitting the higways and going to a abandoned airport type of thing and racing. Lame if u ask me but its at least of the streets.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote