::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2002, 04:13 PM   #1
mt.biker

friends... what makes em good?

What makes a good friend? feel free to go into detial or even back up what you say with an example.

I'm interested to find out if there are a lot of common themes in this replys.

mt.biker
Old 11-08-2002, 04:44 PM   #2
GirlRacer

hmmmm

I think first and foremost, a good friend is someone you can tell anything to & you know that it will not get around. You don't have to hesitate & think...should I tell them this...?

Why? What's up Mt. Biker?
Old 11-08-2002, 05:44 PM   #3
Kyle
elyK

I have no idea...
I haven't found any true friends yet...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 06:45 PM   #4
DsBlu01CivEX

ones that possess honesty, trust, compassion for you....basically that you feel like you belong to each other's families. When you think to yourself "I wouldn't know what I'd do if ____ wasn't my friend", one that knows EVERYTHING about you and could tell your whole life story to another person. One that will take your advice into consideration but still make up their own mind on the situation. Similar interests/goals in life/ likes and dislikes, but still different enough that you aren't fighting over the same thing. A person that isn't going to get pissed off if you don't call when you say you will...A person that knows when they are aggravating you or that you are angry and will just leave you alone.

Erin is definitely a true friend of mine. I wouldn't trade her in for anyone else. She's like a sister to me...and probably knows more about me than my actual sister does.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 08:07 PM   #5
mt.biker

I want to double check that I'm not expecting too much from the people I call friends. I tend to hold myself and people around me to high standards and some people fall short.

I normal dont double check myself because my gut has never let me down. Denise you hit the nail on the head.. cheers
Old 11-08-2002, 08:37 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
ones that possess honesty, trust, compassion for you....basically that you feel like you belong to each other's families. When you think to yourself "I wouldn't know what I'd do if ____ wasn't my friend", one that knows EVERYTHING about you and could tell your whole life story to another person. One that will take your advice into consideration but still make up their own mind on the situation. Similar interests/goals in life/ likes and dislikes, but still different enough that you aren't fighting over the same thing. A person that isn't going to get pissed off if you don't call when you say you will...A person that knows when they are aggravating you or that you are angry and will just leave you alone.

Erin is definitely a true friend of mine. I wouldn't trade her in for anyone else. She's like a sister to me...and probably knows more about me than my actual sister does.

nothing to add

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 12:38 PM   #7
DsBlu01CivEX

yah I know...I rock

I tend to hold fairly high standards for my friends, and I expect for them to do the same for me. Sure this limits your amount of true friends this way...but at least then you know who they are. The rest of the people are just merely aquaintances.

Although I did forget one thing....and thats that they are there for your times of need no matter how silly that time of need may be. If it's important enough to you for you to call them and tell them that you need them....if they are your true friend they will be there.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 01:43 PM   #8
V8killimports

A hot sex friend was always good.. those are best friends.
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 02:02 PM   #9
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
yah I know...I rock

I tend to hold fairly high standards for my friends, and I expect for them to do the same for me. Sure this limits your amount of true friends this way...but at least then you know who they are. The rest of the people are just merely aquaintances.

Although I did forget one thing....and thats that they are there for your times of need no matter how silly that time of need may be. If it's important enough to you for you to call them and tell them that you need them....if they are your true friend they will be there.

what happens if they are always having 911 situtations? When do you cut them lose?
Old 11-09-2002, 10:52 PM   #10
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
A hot sex friend was always good.. those are best friends.

A real friend is the ones that you know you can trust with anything and that you dont have to worry about what they are saying. The ones you can just have fun with.
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 12:16 PM   #11
spoogenet

Someone who is loyal, who I can count on and who can count on me. Someone I trust and who trusts me in return. Someone I can spend almost unlimited time with and not get bored or feel like a welcome has been overstayed. Someone who has similar values, standards, and morals as I have. The list goes on, but to some it up in short: my close friends are family.

b