Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2004, 04:50 PM   #1
juvenile

What a screwed up world..

Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (AP) -- A pregnant woman who allegedly ignored medical warnings to have a Caesarean section to save her twins was charged Thursday with murder after one of the babies was stillborn.

Prosecutors said Melissa Ann Rowland, 28, didn't want the scars that accompany the surgery.

An autopsy found the baby died two days before its January 13 delivery and that it would have survived if Rowland had had a C-section when her doctors urged her to, between Christmas and January 9. The other baby is alive, but authorities had no further information.

The doctors had warned that without a C-section, the twins would probably die, authorities said. A nurse told police Rowland said a Caesarean would "ruin her life" and she would rather "lose one of the babies than be cut like that."

"We are unable to find any reason other than the cosmetic motivations" for the mother's decision, said Kent Morgan, spokesman for the district attorney.

Hmmmm...I think the scars would help her. They'd probably be the only thing on her body that would attract attention from others.

For more go here..

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/03/1....ap/index.html
Old 03-12-2004, 05:07 PM   #2
Fatal070

wow i hate this world sometimes
Old 03-12-2004, 05:07 PM   #3
Civickid0to60

WTF?! who would get her pregnant in the first place?! THATS whats fucked up.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:53 PM   #4
drdingo21

That is probly the stupidest thing i have ever heard.
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:09 PM   #5
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

sounds similar as to what happens in detroit a lot
Lots of women every winter do have the babies but dump them in trash cans or dumpsters behind apartment complexes because they dont want them.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:21 PM   #6
ohiochica

geezus.........see why i want to adopt rather than give birth?

Ohio HST members please read this
ohiochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 11:23 PM   #7
juvenile

I still think it's important to have at least A child of yours.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:05 AM   #8
IALuder

its her choice, not the worlds. thats point!

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 12:54 AM   #9
mylittlecivic

that is a her? hmm what a bone head she should have done the right thing, thats wierd she gets charged for murder unless he died after he was out of the womb

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 02:30 AM   #10
CD5Passion

there are three things that are just mind boggling....who are they to charge her (that's jsut weird, although I do not agree), how can you be that selfish to not go with the C-sect (granted it's not the best thing in the world, but hell that's how I was born), and third....as stated prior to mine...who the hell would bone her...she looks like a trucker dude with long hair....

someone should just build us a rocket to get away from this place, then nuke most of the world, save maybe the Galapagos Islands of something
Old 03-13-2004, 04:44 AM   #11
Violent Apathy

Wow that image is gonna haunt me at night...

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 07:45 PM   #12
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Saw that on the news...I don't know what pisses me off more, the fact that she's going up for 1st degree murder (which requires premeditation) or the fact that she ignored her doctors completely and let one of the kids die. Legally murder can be committed against a fetus if it's about 24 weeks old...but to arrest her for a personal choice. I dunno...slippery slope.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:20 AM   #13
SolPol

Quote:
Originally posted by Shardsofxapril
there are three things that are just mind boggling....who are they to charge her (that's jsut weird, although I do not agree), how can you be that selfish to not go with the C-sect (granted it's not the best thing in the world, but hell that's how I was born), and third....as stated prior to mine...who the hell would bone her...she looks like a trucker dude with long hair....

someone should just build us a rocket to get away from this place, then nuke most of the world, save maybe the Galapagos Islands of something

Vonnegut reference?
Old 03-15-2004, 11:21 PM   #14
spoogenet

It's a scary precedent to charge people for murder for ignoring the recommendations of their doctors. Shit, we charge and arrest patients for following doctor recommendations of marijuana helping their ailments and threaten the doctors, yet we charge patients with not following their doctors recommendations on childbirth. Where does it end? Who the f*ck in the government has a right to say a mother doesn't have the choice to provide natural childbirth for her children? It is the natural cycle, the child died NATURALLY just as the fact that she's pregnant with twins probably happened naturally (even though she looks rather....well.....unnatural).

F*cking government always mucks where it doesn't belong, then fails to act where it does belong.

Oh, and btw, thanks for giving me nightmares by posting that picture!

b
Old 03-15-2004, 11:51 PM   #15
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

So if I ignore my doctor's advice and die, is that suicide? Fuckin dolts. And yes...she was quite the boogawoof.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote