::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2004, 09:50 AM   #1
Kool-Aid

Military

I've noticed that there are a couple of people who are in the military...what branch are you in? What was your basic training like?

I am in the Air Force and my basic training was not like what I had expected it to be. It actually was easier than what I had thought. My basic training lasted only six weeks. The first couple of weeks you're getting adjusted and you have to wake up at the butt-crack of dawn just to run and march...the middle of the month we got issued more uniforms and we were sitting in classes just to learn about customs and courtesies and all that jazz...and the fifth week we went to warrior week where we had to go out into the woods for a week living in tents...and the last week we just practiced marching for graduation...which was useless because it rained the day I graduated...
My lovely basic training experience.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:10 AM   #2
pimpinprelude

not old enough yet...
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 10:51 AM   #3
IALuder

hahah air force is like a tea party to my marine camp.

im a USMC, job: Demolition Engineer, what does that mean:i blow shit up. boot camp 16 weeks. the last 3 days of boot camp were the hardest and toughtest. no food no sleep no nothing. its called the curible if you guys dont know. if one person in my outfit screwed up, we all screwed up. i did more push ups in one minute then you could in one day. sure after 10 weeks we had classes but they only last so long then it was back to marching and running and working out.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 10:54 AM   #4
V8killimports

Quote:
Originally posted by SFKing

im a USMC, job: Demolition Engineer, what does that mean:i blow shit up. boot camp 16 weeks. the last 3 days of boot camp were the hardest and toughtest. no food no sleep no nothing. its called the curible if you guys dont know. if one person in my outfit screwed up, we all screwed up. i did more push ups in one minute then you could in one day. sure after 10 weeks we had classes but they only last so long then it was back to marching and running and working out.

How many pushups did you do in 1 minute?

And to each there own.. I rather stay in 4-5 star hotels througout the world including Thailand, Italy, Scotland, Guam, Japan then live in a tent cooking my own shit for dinner.
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 11:19 AM   #5
Kool-Aid

Yea...we'd all rather do so but somebody's gotta do what we do...and yes...it was a tea party...
Sounds like this Crucible thing was tough...did anybody crack??
Old 04-11-2004, 08:40 PM   #6
MegaDON

I went through some of the airforce combat controller school but washed out and became a firefighter....cracked a rib. but i like my job.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:42 PM   #7
V8killimports

I have a combat controller that lives next door to my right, and a green beret to my left next door.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:16 PM   #8
IALuder

2 people my outfit cracked. i really wish they didnt. as for how many push ups in one minute we were required to do 100 to get in and 300 at the end of camp. now how many of you would actually like to do 300 push ups a day? as for living in a tent and eating my own shit. ill simply tell you this. thanks for people like me and others who fought before me, you got your damn freedom. i personally think everyone should server at least 3yrs in the service to be a citizen. i shouldnt have to fight for your beleifs/freedom you should. even if we have the same beliefs/freedoms.

Old 04-11-2004, 09:26 PM   #9
V8killimports

LOL I got my damn freedom thanks to you? Sorry son, I been to fucking war. Have you??
Old 04-11-2004, 10:04 PM   #10
AzCivic

theres is no freaking way to do 300pushups in a minute, i dont give a crap what service your in. anything over 80 is pushing on impossible.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 10:06 PM   #11
thermal
Banning Machine

Shit... I've been in a while. Boot camp is almost washed off my memory. I just know that it was a freaking joke. I didnt even get to shoot a gun nor swim a lot. That's what I thought I would be doing before I joined the Navy. I did alot of fire fighting...still do.

My job:
Gas Turbine Sytems (mechanical)... E-6..... hopefully make E-7 this August). My main job is to supervise all engineering and mechanical aspects of shipboard gas turbine propulsion and power generation. I stand too much watch and qualified to run/supervise/operate the whole Engineering department of a destroyer.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 10:07 PM   #12
AzCivic

i'm in the airforce too, a weather forecaster.

do a bunch of stupid shit and get shot at or work in a nice comfy office, get paid the same either way. it was a tough decision.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 10:17 PM   #13
V8killimports

Yea no matter how half assed you do them 300 in a minute is impossible.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:31 PM   #14
IALuder

as for me being to war. that time is coming in less than 9 months. im being shipped to iraq if the war isnt over. as for 300 in a minute yes i let my imagation take over. i wasnt targeting just you in that part of my post about the freedom.

Old 04-12-2004, 07:06 AM   #15
Kool-Aid

Im in war right now...I've been here for almost a month and a half and it's not a cup of tea...it sucks. NEVER come to Iraq...if you can help it. We were supposed to get hit these past couple of days but I guess we didn't...than goodness. I actually have to sit and remind myself that I am in a combat zone...a place that none of my friends and family has never been before...

I just feel bad for the army because they have to be out here for a year and more...I couldn't do that...I don't think.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:32 PM   #16
Kyle
elyK

I think i'm gonna have to call the major fucking BS on all of SFKINGs posts in this therad...on the fact that he's not even 18 yet...and bootcamp isn't 16 weeks long...and it's impossible to do 300 pushups in 1 minute...and the crucible isn't the the last 3 days of bootcamp. And if you were a Marine you'd always capitalize the word Marine.

well, anyways...back on topic. I'm about to be DEP'd in the the Marine Corps. I'm still thinking whether i should be a mechanic or if i should go the infantry route...as soon as i figuer that out i'll be ready to go

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 09:58 PM   #17
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by Kool-Aid
Im in war right now...I've been here for almost a month and a half and it's not a cup of tea...it sucks. NEVER come to Iraq...if you can help it. We were supposed to get hit these past couple of days but I guess we didn't...than goodness. I actually have to sit and remind myself that I am in a combat zone...a place that none of my friends and family has never been before...

I just feel bad for the army because they have to be out here for a year and more...I couldn't do that...I don't think.

I definitely agree. It suks out there. I still feel lucky for being in the Navy since we are not "hand-to-hand" combat. We just float forever and do out thing. I got back June from all this crap. I kind of want to go back and make money......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 04-13-2004, 01:09 PM   #18
IALuder

well kyle maybe i dont think capitolize the M on Marine is that damn important. plus you dont have to be 18 to be the Marines you dumb fuck. your parents can sign you in retard. as for the hole 300 pushs up in one minute. yea i already said i was exaggerating. and the curcible is 3 days long. hell have you been to boot camp? ok then.

Old 04-13-2004, 01:39 PM   #19
Kool-Aid

I didn't think you were allowed to be in the military unless you were out of high school...it was just confusing to me when you talked about your senior prom...
Old 04-13-2004, 01:44 PM   #20
Kool-Aid

Yea...I came out here for the money too...so that I can get that turbo kit hooked up...im halfway through my tour and I've already bought parts....ha ha ha...Im bad!!! My mom's all wonderin where all these packages came from...ha ha ha
Old 04-13-2004, 08:17 PM   #21
IALuder

nice lol. you sign up and go threw boot while your on summer break from high school. but your perants have to sign some papers saying its ok.

Old 04-13-2004, 10:11 PM   #22
Kyle
elyK

Quote:
well kyle maybe i dont think capitolize the M on Marine is that damn important. plus you dont have to be 18 to be the Marines you dumb fuck. your parents can sign you in retard. as for the hole 300 pushs up in one minute. yea i already said i was exaggerating. and the curcible is 3 days long. hell have you been to boot camp? ok then.

well, if you were a Marine you would capitalize it. I know my parents can sign when you're 17...but you're still not a Marine. And i don't care if you were exaggerating or not, it's still a lie. And i said the crucible is NOT the LAST 3 days of bootcamp. I didn't say it wasn't 3 days long asshat. So all in all...you're not a Marine, so don't act like you are. And don't try to be an asshole and put other services down either. they all have their jobs that need to be done. It's not a fucking popularity contest, keeping our country safe is all that matters.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 04-14-2004, 06:44 AM   #23
Kool-Aid

Kyle...I don't think he was putting any other service down...if he did I would have to put the Air Force hold on him...he he he
Anyway, if he went through basica training...then you would be considered to be marine...I would assume.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:28 PM   #24
IALuder

after basic your a Marine. your not a Marine till after basic training. plus were did i put another service down. i dont understand why your trying to put words in my mouth so you can seem to know what your talking about.

Old 04-14-2004, 12:56 PM   #25
Kyle
elyK

Quote:

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 04-14-2004, 07:36 PM   #26
GeneralDzur

Quote:

its called the curible if you guys dont know. i did more push ups in one minute then you could in one day.

You seem like a humble guy...

Actually, it's called the CRUCIBLE...not the curible....Sorry to have an Army guy tell you that. (My best best bud is Marines)

Army boot camp was tough, (though not as long as Marines). I hated it while I was in it, but looking back it was one of the best times of my life. I got to shoot the M-203 grenade launcher, the SAW machine gun, grenades, M16 rifle, and finally (because I scored highest on the M16) a live AT-4 anti-tank missile. Did a lot of pushups. In fact, we have a PT test coming up in May, so I've been trying to get ready for it.

The last part of boot camp was 3 days called Victory Forge (or FTX). 3 days - no sleep, one MRE a day, and....yeah, getting gas grenades thrown in your foxhole while you're sleeping.

The gas chamber was....fun....

- Dzur

PS I'm the second guy back doing pushups..this was graduation day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stephan pushing.jpg (15.0 KB, 24 views)
Old 04-15-2004, 01:31 AM   #27
Kool-Aid

Yea...Air Force had FTX during Warrior Week...where you had to do all this training on one week...what was really toush was the NBC trining wher eyou were in 200 degree weather wearing chem gear...then you had a partner who had to do things with you and if they messed up...you wanted to strangle them...
All in a nutshell...warrior week was the most difficult...but then again it was fun...you HAD to keep up or you'll get jacked up...I shot the M-16...that was it.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:51 AM   #28
wal
2nd Gear

well i wouldnt personally join any of the services because i dont think ya can put a wage on someones head. All though all the training sound great fun and that. i still dont think ya can pay ppl like slightly over the min wage and ask them to put their live on the line, not for me, no thanx. but dont get me wrong i have great respect for ppl who are in the services. i prefur something of the less dangerous job describtion and get paid like twice as much and do half the work
wal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 06:27 AM   #29
GeneralDzur

Quote:
Originally posted by wal
well i wouldnt personally join any of the services because i dont think ya can put a wage on someones head. All though all the training sound great fun and that. i still dont think ya can pay ppl like slightly over the min wage and ask them to put their live on the line, not for me, no thanx. but dont get me wrong i have great respect for ppl who are in the services. i prefur something of the less dangerous job describtion and get paid like twice as much and do half the work

Lol...at least you're honest. Remember though - military doesn't pay barely over minimum wage - for instance, as a Private First Class, I get around 1,400 - $1500 a month, plus EVERYTHING is payed for (food, housing, etc..)

Actually, we're getting ready to be deployed here pretty soon.

- Dzur
Old 04-15-2004, 06:32 AM   #30
Kool-Aid

Understandable wal.
The only reason why I even got into the military was because I had a lot going on that promoted a lot of stress at that time...I needed a break so to speak and I took it. Now that I am in and I know how it is...I wouldn't mind staying in...
Old 04-15-2004, 12:30 PM   #31
IALuder

the main reason why i joined was free college. and if you ever want to go back they pay for it. ever change your career and they can help you get start in that feild.

Old 04-15-2004, 08:16 PM   #32
GeneralDzur

Quote:
Originally posted by Kool-Aid
Understandable wal.
The only reason why I even got into the military was because I had a lot going on that promoted a lot of stress at that time...I needed a break so to speak and I took it. Now that I am in and I know how it is...I wouldn't mind staying in...

And that's another thing...why are 99% of Army and Marine girls really manly and ugly? Just wondering...

- Dzur
Old 04-16-2004, 01:22 AM   #33
Kool-Aid

Well I am assuming they get that way because of the training and constantly being around testosterone 24/7...I dunno.
When I was in tech school I saw this female just as butch as a girl can get...girl was about 210 lbs...her sleeves on her BDU's probably had to be peeled off her huge arms and she was talking like the guys...I was like....WOOOOWWW.
I almost joined the Marines too...
Old 04-16-2004, 07:23 PM   #34
thermal
Banning Machine

I almost joined the AF....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 04-17-2004, 02:07 AM   #35
black95gs-t

Quote:

Thats funny. When did you go to boot camp? It wasn't like that when I went through. What unit are you with?

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u

Last edited by black95gs-t : 04-17-2004 at 12:27 PM.
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 03:33 AM   #36
Kool-Aid

Why didn't you get into the Air Force Thermalfi'd16?
Old 04-17-2004, 06:55 AM   #37
thermal
Banning Machine

....stupid reasons..... the recruiters already made their quota for the month but I could've dep'd in. I was so eager to get the fuk out of the house since I couldnt deal with my stepmother anymore. I walked next door and joined the Navy. My stepmom was stationed in Vegas. She retired there as a Major......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 04-17-2004, 10:29 AM   #38
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
i shouldnt have to fight for your beleifs/freedom you should. even if we have the same beliefs/freedoms.

You NOR I should have to fight for BUSH'S beliefs...

I'll fight for my own... certainly not his though.

Nothing like being the pawn in a hillbilly's revenge plot.
Old 04-17-2004, 12:51 PM   #39
V8killimports

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
You NOR I should have to fight for BUSH'S beliefs...

I'll fight for my own... certainly not his though.

Nothing like being the pawn in a hillbilly's revenge plot.

Are you in the military?
Old 04-17-2004, 01:18 PM   #40
black95gs-t

My guess is no. BTW, are you in the military SF?

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote