::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2004, 04:18 AM   #1
Kool-Aid

Anger Management

You know what? I have a confession. I can get sooo upset at someone and/or something but when I look at or drive my car...or even shop for my Honda...I feel instant tranquility...like my Honda is the antedote for anything...does that ever happen to anyone? You car makes you feel better after something jacked up?
Old 03-08-2004, 04:43 AM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Never owned a Honda...but I know the feeling. It's all about satisfaction and, in the case of shopping for parts, anticipation. it's quite theraputic. Cars are just a thing of beauty.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:49 PM   #3
AkimboStylee

especailly on that late drive home, on an open road ggoing full throttle!!! i will admit, im not a ford fan GT40FIED, but i will say that i have walked upto a few 80's stangs and put a dent in the quarter panel, if you know what i mean!
Old 03-08-2004, 03:58 PM   #4
VR4_Craver
Banned

Hey kool aid i like your name Kinda a coiencedence thats your name and i got the tat!
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 04:55 PM   #5
Fatal070

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
Hey kool aid i like your name Kinda a coiencedence thats your name and i got the tat!

hey dude - get those pics up i wanna check it out...
Old 03-08-2004, 05:34 PM   #6
4doorspeedman

I definatly know what ya mean If im real pissted or stressted out i just go and wash my car or do some little project on it helps to get your head toghter and i alwasy feel better after im done.

Then somtimes i go out and drive ths shit outa the car but you know thats what i got it for
Old 03-08-2004, 08:05 PM   #7
thermal
Banning Machine

I can relate. This is how I get by on a daily basis. The problem now is that I think of nothing but fix my car, shop for my car, wash my car, etc......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:37 AM   #8
Kool-Aid

Yea...Im sttin out here in the desert and I so wanna just buy turbo kits and race clutches and everything online...just thinkin about my honda...
I got the name Kool-Aid from my big luscious smile....
Old 03-09-2004, 06:21 PM   #9
ShagginJet

Re: Anger Management

Quote:
Originally posted by Kool-Aid
You know what? I have a confession. I can get sooo upset at someone and/or something but when I look at or drive my car...or even shop for my Honda...I feel instant tranquility...like my Honda is the antedote for anything...does that ever happen to anyone? You car makes you feel better after something jacked up?

I really like to shop for my car or plan my next upgrade/project. As for driving, huge stress relief. Problem is i like to push my car/bike to the limit. That's why i have like 4 speeding tickets currently out, crashed my car, and so forth. Wish i could afford to visit the tracks on a bi-nightly basis. I guess my problem is knowing when it's ok to open it up and when it's not.

So hard to do 45 behind a porsche when I know we can both kick it up to 120 with in seconds. Next thing I know I'm a mile down the road doing 85, CHP is pulling me over, and the porsche passes by still doing 45. DAMNIT!!

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 06:45 PM   #10
IALuder

i get relaxed just thinking of my car. i also feel so much better just being behind the wheel of my car.

i guess 2 things that will always make me happy when im pist off will be driving my car and just working on something small or big. I.E. cleaning my room or fixing something i broke. it helps get things off my mind and start to think of other things

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:08 PM   #11
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

"There is something about cars that calms me down"

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:09 PM   #12
4doorspeedman

" There's just somthing about engines that just calms me down ya know" ok im sorry about quoting F AND F but its true
Old 03-10-2004, 11:31 AM   #13
GeneralDzur

I find it really soothing when I'm pissed to go and wash the del Sol, or just get in w/out the T-Top and go driving. It's really...I don't know...comforting.

- Dzur
Old 03-10-2004, 04:35 PM   #14
Kool-Aid

Yea...I would recommend that to anybody...if you've got an issue...consult your car...ha ha ha
Doctors Orders baby...
Old 03-10-2004, 04:42 PM   #15
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I tell ya...this is the best time of year for driving. Mid 60s so I can pull the T-tops off and blast down the highway. Man I love driving.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 03-10-2004, 06:18 PM   #16
ShagginJet

^ nothing like taking the T-top off my civic.... ROFL. funny thing is your GT would smoke almost all cars on this board...

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:07 PM   #17
Kool-Aid

Why do you have a GT and you're on a Honda Forum? Just curious that is all.
I remember in tech school this guy had a mustang but it was an automatic...but it did the trick...he let me drive it because I told him I had a 65 Mustang back home with my mom...and how I wouldalways do 80 MPH on the back roads going to work...now that's instant relief there...and since I was paying 60 dollars a week on gas (V8/302 engine) it would kill me so now I have a Honda that uses 15 dollaz on gas for two weeks...either way...a car you love is a car you love...especially driving it....
Old 03-11-2004, 03:20 PM   #18
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Kool-Aid
Why do you have a GT and you're on a Honda Forum? Just curious that is all.

A few reasons, I suppose. One is that the people on this bored don't piss and moan like they do on most Mustang forums and people here are mostly around my age. I also originally wanted to learn more about "the competition" so to speak since I knew next to nothing about imports when I joined up. Lastly I'm an auto tech service manager major and it's not gauranteed that I'll get a job with Ford or GM or whatever so I've got to know a little about all the other import companies...especially since Toyota recruits HEAVILY from my school.

Old 03-11-2004, 06:44 PM   #19
Kool-Aid

Kool...so what is it exactly that you want to do?? Fix imports?
Old 03-11-2004, 07:18 PM   #20
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Depends who I go to work for. My main interest is in some home town high performance companies (Aeromotive, ATI Procharger, Taylor/Vertex, MC Racing, etc.). If I DO go out and work for an auto manufacturer, I'd like to to work for Ford (obviously) but I'll take whatever I can get. Out of all the import companies right now I'd like to work for Nissan...they seem to have a bit more going on in the performance market. But like I said...whatever I can get. Still got a few years to go.

Old 03-12-2004, 02:54 PM   #21
Kool-Aid

Koo...well at least you're doing what you enjoy...CARS CARS CARS!!!