.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2002, 12:45 PM   #1
spoogenet

Picking up good guys/girls 101: Where do they hang out?

Course title: Picking up good guys/girls 101: Where dot hey hang out?

Course description: A thread for good guys and girls to say where they hang out. Of course it won't do you any good to pick them up if you don't run into them. So guys, tell the ladies where you can be found. Ladies, tell the gentlemen where you can be found.

b
Old 06-26-2002, 02:23 PM   #2
mt.biker

i tend to be at the movies, mini-golf, beach or a resturant with my friends.

no place in particular and you can't tell i'm anice guy just by looking at me especially when i'm with my friends.
Old 06-26-2002, 08:22 PM   #3
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
no place in particular and you can't tell i'm anice guy just by looking at me especially when i'm with my friends.

Exactly...you can't tell I'm a nice girl just by looking at me, especially the places I hang out. I love going to clubs, and I dress to get guy's attention, but I'm not promiscuous. So, in other words, guys look at me and think a) I'm looking to hook up b) I'm a stuck up b*tch or c) I'm a slut....and the answer to that is d) none of the above!
Old 06-26-2002, 09:17 PM   #4
sparklingxtasy

i can relate to whiteclipse, i dress to get attention, but look at the competition. all these drop dead gorgous girls and then there's me... gotta do something to get a little attention. as for places to hang out, i'm usually in Seaside, hanging out with my friends or riding around in my car... so if there are any decent guys looking for a good trustworthy girl... let me know... hehehehe...
Old 06-27-2002, 06:05 PM   #5
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Good guys/girls hang out on HondaStyle.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 04:01 PM   #6
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by 2000Pimpinex
Good guys/girls hang out on HondaStyle.

hahaha apparently so!!!

Yah Whiteclipse is my best friend (duh like you guys/gals didn't know that already) so basically where she hangs out is where I hang out. So clubs, bars, pool hall, car shows, movies, friends houses are the places that you'd find us. And Erin...if people saw you at work or what not they'd think either a) stuck-up b**ch; b) dam that girl is hot or c) she seems like a nice girl. On a normal occassion you look like a typical girl next door (aka nice girl). As do I (at least I think). We don't always dress to get attention. You never know when you're gonna run into your future husband/wife, so don't turn down an opportunity. If it's something you typically wouldn't do...do it, you could at least find a new hobby or find out that you now know why you never did that before. Just be open-minded and confident and you'll be fine!

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 04:12 PM   #7
FeelMyRide

It all depends on where you hang out.. I mean if you hang out with all girls or all guys (same sex) you are less likely to find someone because not everyone has the guts to approach someone in a crowd. You really shouldn't go looking for the right person, it should be more like you come across them. If girls say they hang out at the mall.. you guys know damn well you don't wanna be at the mall 24-7, so let's say you find this chica at the mall. You guys get together and thats where she wants to hang out. That sucks for you and either you are just gonna shut up and put up with it or tell her you don't wanna hang out there and that could lead to some ruckus. So just stay where you are and open up your connections.. meet new people, have some friends who know some people here and there. And just keep your eyes open.
Old 06-29-2002, 01:48 PM   #8
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

every public place theres always girls to meet around. just godda keep your eye open.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 05:54 AM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

just put a big poster on your back:

I'M LOOKING FOR A NICE GIRL/GUY whatever the case might be :o

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 04:08 PM   #10
spoogenet

My problem is I'm a homebody. Obviously that's not the best way to be meeting the ladies. I'd probably like to find a girl who's more of a homebody herself, not totally home-bound, but someone who isn't looking to hit the clubs every night to party it up. Unfortunately those girls are at home as well....while I'm at home. Doesn't take Einstein to figure that one out.

You certainly won't find me at clubs trying to pick up chicks. I hit the clubs occasionally, it's fun to go out and dance. And I hit the bars sometimes too, mainly to get some variety in my beer intake. But not that much.

I'm at the pool hall a decent amount, and the movies a decent amount as well. I try to avoid groups when I go, but that's mostly cuz most of the people I know, well, they've tools. I don't like going out with a huge group of people.

I just don't dig the girls at the clubs. No offense ladies, but I think most of the girls at the clubs look like skanky hoes. If I see a girl dressed to get attention, that's a turnoff to me. I prefer a more subtle and classy look than the booty pants with a thong and a super tight shirt. Sure it's nice to look at, but I probably wouldn't give her the time of day for anything other than eye candy. I'd rather pick up a girl wearing a nice dress or skirt at the opera or symphony, or a restaurant, than wearing booty pants at the club.

I know it's a stereotype and there's plenty exceptions that go both ways.....but I just don't see myself with a girl who dresses like that. I certainly wouldn't want my girlfriend to dress like that.

b
Old 07-04-2002, 05:53 PM   #11
toykilla

i hang out where ever the beer and girls are. my house most of the time but pool halls, clubs, friends houses, and, shit, even the corner of the street if theres beer.
Old 07-08-2002, 04:52 PM   #12
mt.biker

HAWAII all the good girls hang out in hawaii, well maybe not the good girls but the fun girls do!

If theres one place to pick up chicks its Hawaii! trust me i was just there

ps the stories will come out later!
Old 07-09-2002, 01:02 AM   #13
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

BAHAMAS! haha i picked up some girl there, and she ended up having a BF there too, i met him, we completly came out of it friends actualy, no one got mad, we didnt do anything, i just got her to drink with me for a little bit.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 10:20 PM   #14
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

I don't think there's really any good particular place to go to pick up the opposite sex. For all you know you could meet your future husband or wife in a fender bender. Although I have noticed that the more people you know, the better your chances are. It's always cool to meet other people through friends. Who knows, you may meet Mr/Mrs. Right that way!
Old 07-28-2002, 09:39 PM   #15
civichx1996

I think one of the best places to pick up a girl is while I'm at class. One of the best things is its relatively easy to start up a conversation about some bullsh*t like homework or what happened the last class. And initiating the conversation is half the battle- I think thats from Big Daddy
Old 07-28-2002, 10:55 PM   #16
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by civichx1996
I think one of the best places to pick up a girl is while I'm at class. One of the best things is its relatively easy to start up a conversation about some bullsh*t like homework or what happened the last class. And initiating the conversation is half the battle- I think thats from Big Daddy

dude i would agree school gives you the best access to girls but what quality of girls? Some of the girls at my HS aren't bad but most of them are or have major issues. Honestly my school is filled with a bunch of phonies and sluts. I've learned the hard way, so from now on i just look but no touching... no matter how good it looks
Old 08-07-2002, 06:37 PM   #17
mt.biker

http://www.hondastyle.com/forums/sho...7034#post67034

check that out, they're all out joggin
Old 10-15-2002, 08:37 PM   #18
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

this is real sad but I hang out at my house and in the garage
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 08:39 PM   #19
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
dude i would agree school gives you the best access to girls but what quality of girls?...I've learned the hard way, so from now on i just look but no touching... no matter how good it looks

amen to that
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 12:12 PM   #20
crxb16hybrid

Partys always seem to be a good place to meet that special some one. Thats were I met my wife.....Ahhhhhhhhhh the good old days ....
Old 10-23-2002, 02:01 PM   #21
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
this is real sad but I hang out at my house and in the garage

thats the way to do it
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 04:27 PM   #22
crxb16hybrid

Thats were you can find me and the boys at ....In the garage or under the cars
Old 10-24-2002, 04:06 PM   #23
DsBlu01CivEX

hmmm...so the girls lookin for good guys should just walk random neighborhoods lookin for guys under the hoods of their cars. *makes mental note to see what Erin is doing this weekend*

Old 10-24-2002, 04:52 PM   #24
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
hmmm...so the girls lookin for good guys should just walk random neighborhoods lookin for guys under the hoods of their cars. *makes mental note to see what Erin is doing this weekend*

you'd be suprised what a good walk around your area will do for ya. I've found out i have a number of cuties and a very hotties that live no further then a block away from me and 2 live NEXT DOOR!!
Old 10-24-2002, 05:28 PM   #25
DsBlu01CivEX

the guys that live on one side of me are still in High School (um no thanks...that's illegal) and the other side the guys are both away at school and their family is like my second family...the whole "brother-type" thing workin. I'll walk around someone elses neighborhood.

Old 10-24-2002, 05:35 PM   #26
mt.biker

Quote:
the guys that live on one side of me are still in High School (um no thanks...that's illegal) and the other side the guys are both away at school and their family is like my second family...the whole "brother-type" thing workin. I'll walk around someone elses neighborhood.

its not illegal, might be odd at first. No guy can sue a girl over what your talking about
Old 10-24-2002, 05:48 PM   #27
DsBlu01CivEX

girls can rape guys...I don't know why they would...but they can

Old 10-24-2002, 06:02 PM   #28
mt.biker

Quote:
girls can rape guys...I don't know why they would...but they can

see if a guy doesn't want to have sex, he doesn't get it up. And then there is no sex....
Old 10-24-2002, 06:33 PM   #29
DsBlu01CivEX

ah the good ol' debate as what is considered "sex"....i'm not gonna start it in here cuz it's not what this thread is about.

Old 10-25-2002, 02:36 PM   #30
crxb16hybrid

Yeah ....Look for the guys under the cars ....If it is a sturday and sunny in my area your sure to find alot of guys under the hood of there cars or on there bikes.....Tunnin them in for the races ....
Old 01-08-2003, 01:54 PM   #31
MoneyToSpend

damn straight....im either at home sleeping/studying, or im out working on my car.
where im trying to pick up this chick at, is at pep boys, she came out of the garage area, all like, grease on her hands, and dirt smudges on her face and stuff...not too mention shes like 30 something, i was like, im in love
the only problem is...i cant find women over 30 that take interest in a guy that cant even drink(legally) yet...any help?
Old 03-21-2003, 05:38 PM   #32
Shot 2 Hel

Quote:
Originally posted by MoneyToSpend
damn straight....im either at home sleeping/studying, or im out working on my car.
where im trying to pick up this chick at, is at pep boys, she came out of the garage area, all like, grease on her hands, and dirt smudges on her face and stuff...not too mention shes like 30 something, i was like, im in love
the only problem is...i cant find women over 30 that take interest in a guy that cant even drink(legally) yet...any help?

lol chicks over 30 are pretty much a no go for me, im not all into that old thing
Old 04-22-2003, 11:28 PM   #33
Newb101

Its a coin-toss situation there bud.

Either she will think your a kid, (unless your 20, then you could be a stud-muffin' LOL), or, she might be a perv looking for action.

Or hey, you never know, might work out. Talk about cars, if she is the car type. You know with grease smudges and such, might be your ticket.