::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2002, 12:46 AM   #1
Civicfrenzy

paint?

I posted this in the interior forum about 2 weeks ago and didnt really get my question answered so i decided to put it here also.
When i paint my interior do you suggest just using regular krylon paint from like home depot or should i order the interior paint from jcw?
What do you think looks better (its gona be blue and black i think)
and works better?
thnx everyone
Old 06-07-2002, 01:32 AM   #2
heartbreakkid

I used Vinyl Paint that I bought from Pep Boys for about $5.00+ a can, it works great for me. I also try the Krylon paint that I bought from Kragen, but Krylon does not come out as good as I like so I have to strip everything down and repaint it with Vinyl Paint. Hope this might help
Old 06-07-2002, 08:04 AM   #3
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

When I did the ainting of my entire dash and interior I used a base of the Vinyl paint then went over that w/ Krylon....

I liked the end result and it did look good...I have heard that if you go to your local hobby shop and get model paint that works well as it's made for plastic etc...

Hope this might help and good luck in your painting...Word of advice though TAKE YOUR TIME!!!
Old 06-07-2002, 10:40 AM   #4
ddr_max

Quote:
Originally posted by Whtehnda93DXSdn
When I did the ainting of my entire dash and interior I used a base of the Vinyl paint then went over that w/ Krylon....

I liked the end result and it did look good...I have heard that if you go to your local hobby shop and get model paint that works well as it's made for plastic etc...

Hope this might help and good luck in your painting...Word of advice though TAKE YOUR TIME!!!

yes make sure you take your time or it wil come out like crap and you will have to redo it
Old 06-09-2002, 01:45 PM   #5
LadyCivic

If you're painting your dash, definatly use a vinyl 'dye' designed for it. Krylon paint can't withstand much flex especially when it's below freezing outside. The krylon apint will contract and might even crack on the dash. Best to use vinyl paint. It's cheap, and you can drastically change the color, as my brother used it and went from a dark navy dash to white. It looks great. However, don't use it in high stress areas, obvoiusly like your gear shift or console where your arm sits, just to be safe.
Old 06-09-2002, 02:31 PM   #6
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyCivic
It's cheap, and you can drastically change the color, as my brother used it and went from a dark navy dash to white. It looks great.
Where did he get it in the city here??? What's he driving now??
Cause I'm doing some painting in the Del Sol hopefully soon!!!

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 11:57 PM   #7
Civicfrenzy

Do you suggest using some sort of clear paint after the color is on??? If so what brand?
thnx
I should be painting in about 3 weeks. Ill post pics when im done.

1 other question. My car is black but my interior is kinda gray in some places. And i was gona paint it blue maybe accent in black. SHould i leave the grayish color or buy black vinyl paint also so cover up where i dont use the blue.
Thnx again
Old 06-10-2002, 12:12 AM   #8
heartbreakkid

i think you should just go with the blue/black pattern rather than leaving some greyish behind making your interior a three color pattern that would look kinda weird. If you do it might as well go all the way.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:00 AM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

use some bumper primer, in very likght coats and then use the vinyl paint

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 02:10 AM   #10
HondaTypeJ

Dont get the stuff from JCW. It sucks major ass. (Long story)
Old 06-11-2002, 07:26 PM   #11
LadyCivic

Hey, Derek, my bro drives that slammed Pathfinder, it's white with chrome 18's on it. I'm not sure what brand he used on his truck , i'll ask him, but he's in Portland right now for the lowrider show. I know that they sell some at WSSL but not sure about how good it is?? I'll keep you posted. I'll have to show ya some pics, it's crazy how good it looks.
And I agree, don't leave any grey behind!! Do your interior a two color scheme, especially because your exterior isn't grey either. Do the blue and black, it will look cleaner that way. THis stuff doesn't need a clear coat, since when would a dash look good if it was all glossy? That would look really wierd. No, it dries to a finish similar to what your dash looks like now. That kinda dull shine, and do us all a favor and promise you won't put armor all on it, that's a swear word.....
Old 06-11-2002, 11:31 PM   #12
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyCivic
Hey, Derek, my bro drives that slammed Pathfinder, it's white with chrome 18's on it. I'm not sure what brand he used on his truck , i'll ask him, but he's in Portland right now for the lowrider show. I know that they sell some at WSSL but not sure about how good it is?? I'll keep you posted. I'll have to show ya some pics, it's crazy how good it looks.
And I agree, don't leave any grey behind!! Do your interior a two color scheme, especially because your exterior isn't grey either. Do the blue and black, it will look cleaner that way. THis stuff doesn't need a clear coat, since when would a dash look good if it was all glossy? That would look really wierd. No, it dries to a finish similar to what your dash looks like now. That kinda dull shine, and do us all a favor and promise you won't put armor all on it, that's a swear word.....
HEy thanks.....yup...unless in a show..no need for blinding clean.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote