::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2004, 02:02 PM   #1
BlackEJ20

RHD civic Hatch???

im new here and dont own a honda yet i currently own a WRX, but i have a chance to get a RHD Civic hatch he says its JDM not converted anybody jere can help me and let me know what to look for its a 93, and i can get it for 6k. i appreciate any help
Old 05-13-2004, 02:20 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

the motor will have d15b or b16a stamped on the the front of the block, left side. US motors have a digit after that last letter, jdm ones do not.
Look at the vin...japanese and euro are different than us ones
(how to read a US vin - http://brickboard.com/ARCHIVES/2001MAY/10072150.shtml)
if it has passed inspection to drive on us streets, he will have a certificate
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 02:28 PM   #3
BlackEJ20

he said its legalized has a b16 and will need some work on the car but i think the chance of owning a RHD civic is just too good to pass up, so read the vin and see his certificate cool thanks anything else i should look into before making the buy. i really appreciate it pdiggitydogg
Old 05-13-2004, 02:37 PM   #4
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

well...if its true jdm it should also have 1piece glass housing headlights, instead of 2pc plastics too
and I know on the 96+ models the rear lights do not have a reflector...that is probably true of the -95 models too.

thats all i can think of right now
others will prob have more info
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:32 PM   #5
95DX
2nd Gear

from what I've been able to tell no reflectors in the 92-95 civics JDM taillights also should say kph instead of mph on speedo but maybe thats obvious and I believe the steering wheel is a 3 spoke where US models it 4 spoke (maybe no airbag(s))
95DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:33 AM   #6
BlackEJ20

alright good info i mean i proably wouldve not noticed the kph instead of the mph and the taillights and now im gonnamake a list im looking at it this weekend so ill get back to you guys after i buy my RHD (if it checks out) and than ill be part of honda nation i owned one a couple years ago a fun car to drive and reliable as HELL. thanks for all the info, and has anyone ever seen or know anyone with a RHD civic
Old 05-14-2004, 02:04 PM   #7
Fatal070

Yes that would definitly be something i wouldn't pass up , that would be afun car...
Old 05-14-2004, 02:22 PM   #8
BlackEJ20

for real if i get it the car hopefully it runs good dude says it has the b16 in it, like 180hp he says but as soon as i get it if i get ill post some pics. and does anyone know how or what the frankenstein motor is cause i ran into a guy with one in my rex and i run mid to low 13's depending on how hot it is here in AZ and he kept up i barely pulled on him. he told me what he had and it was all motor and it was bad A***
Old 05-14-2004, 06:37 PM   #9
nonovurbizniz

Look for holes on the Left side.... where the master/booster and throttle cable wouldv'e come through if it were converted...

Check for welded areas around the firewall incase they welded in a JDM one...

Cig. lighter should be on the opposite side of USDM ones...

The headlights/corners are NOT one piece on 92-95's though... the headlight should have plastic lenses as should the seperate corners... they'd be nippleless and the headlights don't have the plastic mounting/aligning bracket that the US one's do... it's a one piece housing.

The seats shouldn't have any visible seams... IE no visible stiching like US seats...

I don't know of too many things that actually set their chassis apart though... I mean 90% of the stuff I and everyone else mentioned could be put on basically un-noticablly...

The best would be the JDM VIN code... Try to make sure the Number matches the color trim engine etc of the car you're buying...

If he just bought those and put them on they would most likely not decode properly.

Good luck but IMO there's no incentive to sitting on the wrong side of a car.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:48 PM   #10
BlackEJ20

hey nonovurbizniz THANKS for the info man i thought coming here without me owning a honda (YET) that you guys would be rude and tell me to F*@k off or something but you guys here are cool and ill let you know if and when i my RHD baby!!!!
Old 05-14-2004, 09:43 PM   #11
soundspeed

If you get that car, I bet it will be a bitch to make left hand turns. But the car would still be kick ass. Good luck. Frankenstien engine is either a crv block with vtec head or an LS block with vtec head.

The Only Replacement For Displacement...Is Technology

Last edited by soundspeed : 05-14-2004 at 09:46 PM.
soundspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 04:25 AM   #12
92vx

Quote:
Originally posted by soundspeed
If you get that car, I bet it will be a bitch to make left hand turns. But the car would still be kick ass. Good luck. Frankenstien engine is either a crv block with vtec head or an LS block with vtec head.

So do you have a hard time making right turns now?

You can look at the firewall, if the welds look like have been worked on it probably was a conversion, you can check that by which way the wipers face LHD wipers face to the right and RHD ones face to the left. Also you can look at the antenea mount, make sure it's on the drivers side. If the welded a clip instead, it will be almost impssible to tell if they did a good job. Though it is probably real enough.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:01 PM   #13
BlackEJ20

hey thanks a lot guys i went to check it out man was that thing Sh***y i mean it was rusty it was a true JDm however but the frame looked crooked and bent and the motor wasnt even put together he wanted to sell it to and than out it together myself and some parts might be missing he said. bad deal ill have too look for another honda now
Old 05-18-2004, 04:38 AM   #14
soundspeed

When you make a left hand turn in a right hand drive car. If there are cars going the other way also making a left. it would be difficult to see if there is any traffic coming. That's what I meant.

The Only Replacement For Displacement...Is Technology
soundspeed is offline   Reply With Quote