::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2005, 09:46 PM   #1
Grip72

Would you let a punk buy your car?

ok here's the deal...a guy i used to work with about 2 years ago came to my house tonight to check out my prelude to buy it. He's really interested and i just have a feeling he'll buy it straight out. My only concern is that he is sorta a punk kinda "i don't give a crap" guy and i know he'll bag my car...its my pride and joy and i'll probably shed a tear when its gone haha. seroiusly i love this car..i don't even know if i can actually part with it. Damn i have crappy situations with cars..i doin't know what to get next..argh..anyways..would you lget someone buy your pride n joy and you konw they will rat bag the shit out of it? Should i just look the other way and let him do his thing, or sell it to a caretaker?
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 09:49 PM   #2
black95gs-t

Sell it to a stranger from far away. that way you don't even have to see it. It helps with the memories.

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 09:58 PM   #3
MissJDM

^ totally agree. If I had a modded car for sale, I would definitely sell it to a caretaker as you've put so much of your heart into it to see it go to waste. However, if someone gave me like $5k more than what I asked..then I would start to hesitate. If you absolutely need to sell your car NOW, then sell it to the guy...see what his intentions are. Who knows, he may be better than ya think. If you're in no hurry to sell it, I'd hold off and wait to get a good buyer.

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 11:13 PM   #4
Grip72

well i was thinking too...i am moving at the end of august so i'll never really even see the car again..i really don't know what to do..i love the car to death but its gettin high in kms and its so expensive to insure and i HATE having to slow down for bumps and watch the road for potholes and shyt.....it was an impulse purchase when i saw it..i WANTED IT..but then again i did that with my first truck too....grrr i dunno what to do..i need something i can drie in winter too....like a wrx that i rode in tonite with incredible hp..wow it was fast..but that's like 30K
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 11:19 PM   #5
MissJDM

You do sound like you wanna just get rid of it. You want a truck, you don't want the hassel of that vehicle anymore..and you won't even have to see if after August. I say, sell the biatch!

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:29 AM   #6
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by black95gs-t
Sell it to a stranger from far away. that way you don't even have to see it. It helps with the memories.

Bingo...when I sold my sol a punk kid bought it..and I heard he blew the tranny 6 months into owning it...from "racing a vette" bah..sad story...it was my pride and joy...and he ruined it...i've seen it once..just sell it to someone far away

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:56 AM   #7
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

My brother sold his Talon Tsi years ago. 3 days later the guy blew up the harmonic balancer and fried the motor. Good times.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 03:05 PM   #8
Mischief

Quote:
Originally posted by Grip72
well i was thinking too...i am moving at the end of august so i'll never really even see the car again..i really don't know what to do..i love the car to death but its gettin high in kms and its so expensive to insure and i HATE having to slow down for bumps and watch the road for potholes and shyt.....it was an impulse purchase when i saw it..i WANTED IT..but then again i did that with my first truck too....grrr i dunno what to do..i need something i can drie in winter too....like a wrx that i rode in tonite with incredible hp..wow it was fast..but that's like 30K

wrx's are way cheaper than that.. I'm sure you could find one for around 20.. the STi's on the other hand are 30-33K... and in the car situation.. it's just as possible that you sell it to someone who will take good care of it and they get in a car accident with it
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 10:21 PM   #9
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

My car means nothing to me.. I'll sell it to anyone who has the cash.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:45 PM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

^ I couldn't agree more in regards to my truck. The Mustang, however, is a totally different story. It was my first car and I've dumped more money and wrench time into that thing than I ever imagined I would when I bought it. I'll own that car until I die. It always pisses me off when I see car ads that say shit like "this was my baby but the wife hates it so I'm selling it". Pussies. I'd ditch a woman before I'd ditch the Stang. Chances are I worked harder on the car anyway.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:29 PM   #11
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
^ I couldn't agree more in regards to my truck. The Mustang, however, is a totally different story. It was my first car and I've dumped more money and wrench time into that thing than I ever imagined I would when I bought it. I'll own that car until I die. It always pisses me off when I see car ads that say shit like "this was my baby but the wife hates it so I'm selling it". Pussies. I'd ditch a woman before I'd ditch the Stang. Chances are I worked harder on the car anyway.

I would have to agree....ditch a bitch before you ditch the whip.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote