::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2002, 10:52 AM   #1
nauticapinoy

Importbuilders.com?

I was checking them out and they have impressive products.his other site also is importreview.com.A fully built Cr-Vtec costs bout 8000 with tranny and ecu,he claims at least 225 at the wheel.so I asked told him i want boost so he suggested that and his custom turbo kit which consists of a T3/T4 turbo,HKS pretty much everything else,etc.says at 12lbs i'll be hitting around 390 at the wheel cause he has a dyno slip up,are these facts true? close?Sould I pursue a turboed cr-vtec or stick with my original plan to go just b20/turbo.which would you guys say? thanx.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:36 PM   #2
Boosted3g

If it were me id go B20 turbo. You can safely do 12 psi on the stock B20 bottom end if you are tuned properly. Expect horsepower to be over 300 at the wheels easily. Do some headwork, some cams and a nice exhaust expect mid to high 300's. All this really wont cost alot either.
Old 02-01-2002, 12:04 AM   #3
nauticapinoy

yeah I think your right bro,that's what I had in mind for awhile but the crvtec they have on their site fully built looks real tempting,if I had the money,but with the boost i might run vtec would be probably better out of the picture right?And b20 stock 12psi but with what kind of turbo?casue doesn't it vary with the size of the turbo? like a greddy tdo4 kit running 12 psi won't be the same as a t3/t4 turbo running 12 psi right? enlighten me.
Old 02-01-2002, 05:37 AM   #4
Boosted3g

Yeah you have the right idea. You definantly wont want the Greddy kit if you are planning on turning up the boost over 10psi. It will do it but your missing out on a lot of power. I would go with the t3/4 like you suggested. Go with like a 54 trim or larger with a .63 turbine. That is the same turbo that is on the 1.8 liter DRAG and Revhard kits. You may even consider moving to a 60 trim if you plan to get a little crazy later on. That will support enough power to get you down into the mid to low 11s, maybe further if you push it.
Old 02-01-2002, 01:44 PM   #5
nauticapinoy

thanx bro for the info