Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2002, 12:51 AM   #1
Promo2000

Hooker exhaust?

Hello to everybody!
A friend of mine is selling me a hooker exhaust and he tells me that ists almost the BEST! He also sais that these exhaust give backpreasure, have anyone here about these brand of exhaust? Is it good?
Old 10-20-2002, 01:46 AM   #2
AzCivic

Hooker is a domestic company but maybe they started making import stuff. I wouldnt say its almost the best since no one has it.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 10:51 AM   #3
4jacks

Backpressure is bad...
If you want backpressure
keep your stock exhaust... you have plenty of back pressure

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 02:55 PM   #4
cashizslick

hey, check out thermal exhausts. I am real happy with mine.

www.ThermalRD.com
Old 10-20-2002, 03:25 PM   #5
slowEJ6

give backpressure....hahahaha. extra backpressure ownz j00!!!
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 03:57 PM   #6
Promo2000

Is back preassure bad? I thought it was good... Please explain to me...
Old 10-20-2002, 04:37 PM   #7
AzCivic

I would explain but its been explained before and I'm lazy. Do a search for backpressure in here.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 04:59 PM   #8
VieT916

The thing with exhausts is to eliminate backpressure while increasing the velocity of exiting exhaust gases. Think of a hose with an adjustable nozzle on the end that can make the opening small or big. Secondly, assume the water pressure is constant. If the nozzle's too small, not enough water comes out, but it exits at a high speed. Too big and a lot of water comes out very slowly ... too slow, in fact.

That's the way an exhaust (the "hose") works except the exhaust gases (the "water") exit in pulses -- four pulses for four cylinders, eight for eight cylinders, and so on. The idea with an exhaust is to match the piping size to make these pulses leave the muffler as quickly as possible but without restriction.

In essence, you don't want backpressure; you want extremely high exiting velocity for exhaust gases.
Old 10-20-2002, 05:18 PM   #9
Promo2000

Quote:
Originally posted by VieT916
In essence, you don't want backpressure; you want extremely high exiting velocity for exhaust gases.

Thanks man!!!!!
Old 10-20-2002, 08:21 PM   #10
cashizslick

The faster your car can rid itselfe of exhaust gasses, the more power it will be able to create. This is especialy true for turbocharged cars.
Old 10-20-2002, 10:28 PM   #11
4jacks

Quote:
Originally posted by VieT916
The thing with exhausts is to eliminate backpressure while increasing the velocity of exiting exhaust gases. Think of a hose with an adjustable nozzle on the end that can make the opening small or big. Secondly, assume the water pressure is constant. If the nozzle's too small, not enough water comes out, but it exits at a high speed. Too big and a lot of water comes out very slowly ... too slow, in fact.

That's the way an exhaust (the "hose") works except the exhaust gases (the "water") exit in pulses -- four pulses for four cylinders, eight for eight cylinders, and so on. The idea with an exhaust is to match the piping size to make these pulses leave the muffler as quickly as possible but without restriction.

This is good and dandy, except, that unlike the water hose, the gases do not always have constant pressure, higher RPMS give the gasses higher pressure, So in Essense, at low RPM's back pressure is needed to move the gases out quickly, and at High RPM's .. Back pressure is bad...

and who races in low RPM's ?!?!? hence my orginal saying that backpressure is bad..

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 09:30 PM   #12
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by 4jacks
This is good and dandy, except, that unlike the water hose, the gases do not always have constant pressure, higher RPMS give the gasses higher pressure, So in Essense, at low RPM's back pressure is needed to move the gases out quickly, and at High RPM's .. Back pressure is bad...

and who races in low RPM's ?!?!? hence my orginal saying that backpressure is bad..

nicly said
Old 10-22-2002, 12:22 AM   #13
Promo2000

I found the picture of it at: http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin...M/MaxFlow.html

Please let me know if its a good buy! PLEASE!
Old 10-22-2002, 12:44 AM   #14
Honda530

Hmmm I didnt know that hooker mad a exhaust for hondas. I know that Holley Makes Airmass which is their Import exhaust systems which include the Warlock like I have and another. I dont know about this one. The site didnt say anything about hondas.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:52 AM   #15
Promo2000

At least is better to buy that one than a Hp muffler?
Old 10-22-2002, 10:22 AM   #16
FausteVonHonda

Hahha it looks like a black cardboard box