.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2002, 09:54 PM   #1
toykilla

Why is Fairfax, Virginia so damn gay??? LONG!!!

Does anyone know? I went up to the Capital EXPO center Friday night at around 10:00. Everything is still ****ing open and cops are just having a field day on loitering tickets. WTF, how can they give you a ticket for being in a parking lot of a god damn store thats open and making money off everyone being there???? Finally, after I ate my McDonalds I went to my car and started driving towards Manassas on 28. I got about half way to Manassas and get pulled over. All I could think is WTF, I was going the god damn speed limit right next to the damn cop. He comes up to my car and gives me a ticket for my EXHAUST!!!!!!! What kind of gay shit is that? He takes my license and registration, when he gets back he says my license was suspended. Im like WTF, I just got it back on January 6th and I havent done a DAMN THING to lose it again and I told him I got no kind of notice I had no license. He gives me a ticket for driving on a suspended and DOESNT give me a ticket for my exhaust. I hate these god damn fairfax COPS!!!!!!! Ive been hooking up cars for about 4-5years now and ONLY IN FAIRFAX have I gotten tickets for the lamest shit. 1) Exhaust System. OMFG GAY!!! 2) Having something hanging from my rear view mirror...do these cops like ****ing with people that arent doing anything wrong? Why dont they get off their damn asses and go stop the people from robbing the 7-11 instead of ****ing with kids and adults that have done nothing. Sorry, just venting but I almost got arrested that night when I told the cop to go **** himself, that this was the most ridculous thing ive ever heard of. Apparently, ANY exhaust that is louder than stock is illegal in the state of Virginia. Only in Fairfax will they enforce such a GAY law. I also think Virginia is one of the only states, if not the only state, to not allow people to hang stuff from their rear view. God damnit, I need to MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If a car passes emissions and safetly inspection, ITS ****ING LEGAL TO DRIVE ON THE ROAD.
Old 03-23-2002, 10:03 PM   #2
Maxvla

not sure what to say to that...
better luck next time??
Old 03-23-2002, 10:09 PM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Youll have that some times.
Old 03-23-2002, 11:12 PM   #4
SilverHX4Me
2nd Gear

its illegal pretty much everywhere to hang stuff from your rear view mirror especially if its shiny because it does block your view or can blind people ... sorry about the exhaust thing though that bites
SilverHX4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 11:12 PM   #5
4jacks

THATS GAY
THAT FRIGGIN FAIRY ARSE TINKERBELL GAY

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 07:33 AM   #6
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Look its like this.. Any mod you do whether it means looks or sounds or whatever draws attention to you, raises your risk of getting pulled over whether you deserve it or not. I know it sucks but thats just how it is.

Your best bet is to do a couple things..

1. Learn your laws. That way you will know whether or not your breaking them, and if they give you a ticket because they "think" its against the law, but cant prove it, then you will know what you need to do to fight the ticket.

Ex.
You get pulled over cause you exhaust it "to loud" and say that the law states that it cant be over so many decibles.. If you know that your car isnt over the decible make them prove it to you. If he cant then they cant give you a ticket for it.

Heres a little story to go with the attention getting mods.

A friend of mine has a bright red GSX with bodykit very eye catching. The only engine mods he has is exhaust and K&N intake.. One day while he was uptown cruising he came around the corner hit the gas a little then shifted causing the infamous Turbo PSSSSHH sound... Well a cop heard the noise and pulled him over. [Now keep in mind he's used to getting pulled over, he's got probably 100+ entries on his license for one reason or another.] When the cop walks up to him he ask the cop why he pulled him over. The cop replies "Im not sure but something didnt sound right, and if I didnt pull you over other people might start doing it to so I wanted to check it out." He explains to the cop that its just the way his car sounds when he shifts, the cop was pretty cool about it and let him go.

The moral of the story is... If you dont want to be bugged by cops, drive a stock or near stock vehicle. Else, you just going to have to put up with it.
Old 03-26-2002, 08:04 AM   #7
slowEJ6

and racing rice has spoken. and made sense. so listen to him. and learn.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 12:54 PM   #8
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

I feel ya toykilla! I have gotten pulled over for stupid things like that too. Lets see 1) blue license plate lights 2)no front license plate 3)blue corners and list goes on. I finally gave up and decided I'd rather just conform than deal witha cop pullin me over everyday. Although I seem to draw attention anyhow. Its a lose-lose situation.

RR, I can't believe he got pulled over for that crap. Sometimes cops just make no sense....
Old 03-26-2002, 01:13 PM   #9
Maxvla

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

Ex.
You get pulled over cause you exhaust it "to loud" and say that the law states that it cant be over so many decibles.. If you know that your car isnt over the decible make them prove it to you. If he cant then they cant give you a ticket for it.

they will still stick you with a ticket... but you would be able to disprove them in court... which is a pain in the arse.
Old 03-26-2002, 04:18 PM   #10
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxvla
they will still stick you with a ticket... but you would be able to disprove them in court... which is a pain in the arse.

Yeah thats what I meant..
Old 03-27-2002, 03:52 PM   #11
toykilla

Quote:
Look its like this.. Any mod you do whether it means looks or sounds or whatever draws attention to you, raises your risk of getting pulled over whether you deserve it or not. I know it sucks but thats just how it is.

Your best bet is to do a couple things..

1. Learn your laws. That way you will know whether or not your breaking them, and if they give you a ticket because they "think" its against the law, but cant prove it, then you will know what you need to do to fight the ticket.

Ex.

Heres a little story to go with the attention getting mods.

A friend of mine has a bright red GSX with bodykit very eye catching. The only engine mods he has is exhaust and K&N intake.. One day while he was uptown cruising he came around the corner hit the gas a little then shifted causing the infamous Turbo PSSSSHH sound... Well a cop heard the noise and pulled him over. [Now keep in mind he's used to getting pulled over, he's got probably 100+ entries on his license for one reason or another.] When the cop walks up to him he ask the cop why he pulled him over. The cop replies "Im not sure but something didnt sound right, and if I didnt pull you over other people might start doing it to so I wanted to check it out." He explains to the cop that its just the way his car sounds when he shifts, the cop was pretty cool about it and let him go.

The moral of the story is... If you dont want to be bugged by cops, drive a stock or near stock vehicle. Else, you just going to have to put up with it.

umm, your example of your friend made no sense what so ever to my story. also, if you read it, i wasnt given a ticket for my exhaust..im 100% sure he pulled me over to see if i was ****ed up in any way, shape or form. the exhaust loudness law doesnt have decibles. ANYTHING louder than stock is illegal according to the VA stupid ass law makers. only fairfax cops enforce this law. do you think people in texas EVER carry wire cutters? maybe keep them in their work truck or something? guess what, its against the law to carry wire cutters in texas. do you think people actually get tickets for it? HELL NO, because it was a law they passed LONG LONG LONG ago when texas was NOTHING but farm land to prevent people from cutting your wire fences and stealing cows, goats or whatever. they just never got around to getting rid of it. whatever happened to the united states being a free country? if they have a law and ENOUGH people dont abide it, they usually will get rid of it or not enforce it. MD, VA, NC, SC, FL is turning into CA with all the imports and modding cars. EVERYONE mods their cars. neon lights on outside of the car should be illegal, it distracts others. I think id laugh til i hit a tree if i saw one of those neon plate holders. exhaust doesnt hurt/distract anyone EVER...if it did, it doesnt anymore. EVERYONE has exhaust around here. if its soooo damn iilegal, THEY SHOULDNT SELL EXHAUST STUFF IN VIRGINIA. radar detecters are illegal in VA. YOU CANT BUY ONE HERE. ITS ILLEGAL TO SHIP OR SELL A RADAR DETECTER IN VA. (cant use them either)
Old 03-27-2002, 05:40 PM   #12
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla
umm, your example of your friend made no sense what so ever to my story. also, if you read it, i wasnt given a ticket for my exhaust..im 100% sure he pulled me over to see if i was ****ed up in any way, shape or form. the exhaust loudness law doesnt have decibles. ANYTHING louder than stock is illegal according to the VA stupid ass law makers. only fairfax cops enforce this law. do you think people in texas EVER carry wire cutters? maybe keep them in their work truck or something? guess what, its against the law to carry wire cutters in texas. do you think people actually get tickets for it? HELL NO, because it was a law they passed LONG LONG LONG ago when texas was NOTHING but farm land to prevent people from cutting your wire fences and stealing cows, goats or whatever. they just never got around to getting rid of it. whatever happened to the united states being a free country? if they have a law and ENOUGH people dont abide it, they usually will get rid of it or not enforce it. MD, VA, NC, SC, FL is turning into CA with all the imports and modding cars. EVERYONE mods their cars. neon lights on outside of the car should be illegal, it distracts others. I think id laugh til i hit a tree if i saw one of those neon plate holders. exhaust doesnt hurt/distract anyone EVER...if it did, it doesnt anymore. EVERYONE has exhaust around here. if its soooo damn iilegal, THEY SHOULDNT SELL EXHAUST STUFF IN VIRGINIA. radar detecters are illegal in VA. YOU CANT BUY ONE HERE. ITS ILLEGAL TO SHIP OR SELL A RADAR DETECTER IN VA. (cant use them either)

Still a little upset? Relax man. If you got your license back in January then there's nothing to fear. The court systems are so damn slow, but they'll figure out it was their mistake. Though it sucks that you now have to waste you time on it.
Old 03-28-2002, 10:34 AM   #13
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla

umm, your example of your friend made no sense what so ever to my story. also, if you read it, i wasnt given a ticket for my exhaust....

Sorry you dont comprehend.. dont know what to tell you..

Quote:
the exhaust loudness law doesnt have decibles.

I said nothing about VA laws.. In some states exhaust noise laws are determind by decibles a so many feet.. I was just using it as an example.. It had no relevence to your statement..
Old 03-28-2002, 03:44 PM   #14
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

well in the lovely state of VA the cops basically look at the exhaust or any other mod as "It's not OEM equipment"

I have been there and been through that w/ Va cops and state troopers all to many types ...

calm down and handle your business and don't let them get to you...

Old 03-29-2002, 05:45 AM   #15
toykilla

Oh, as said above the state troopers are big cocksuckers as well.
Old 03-29-2002, 05:48 AM   #16
toykilla

Quote:

I said nothing about VA laws.. In some states exhaust noise laws are determind by decibles a so many feet.. I was just using it as an example.. It had no relevence to your statement..

I was just explaining how it is in VA, im sure many states (ones without morons running it) have the decible thing. I dont understand why my exhaust is too loud but every 16 year old is blasting all kinds of crappy bass in the state. I had a $20,000 stereo system and damn, it rattled stores. NEVER ONCE did I get a ticket for my stereo being too loud, but my N1 (which I think is pretty quiet) is too damn loud. Makes no sense to me. =[ Sorry if I blew up on you but god damnit, I HATE GOING TO FAIRFAX COURT.
Old 03-29-2002, 07:32 AM   #17
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Its cool, I know what you mean..

It sucks because you cant really do anything about it.. Around here we have Jacked up Redneck trucks with no exhaust at all, they will never get pulled over.... But they pull imports and lowriders over in a heart beat for about anything.
Old 04-03-2002, 08:18 AM   #18
CombatKit47

how the hell i live in va to and stuff hangs from our rear view and loud exhasut every where no tickets but i am in chesapeake so...
Old 04-03-2002, 09:07 AM   #19
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Its cool, I know what you mean..

It sucks because you cant really do anything about it.. Around here we have Jacked up Redneck trucks with no exhaust at all, they will never get pulled over.... But they pull imports and lowriders over in a heart beat for about anything.

see the way i see this is that the cops see the big loud redneck trucks and their drivers as good girls and boys from the country that won't do any harm and aren't out punkin around town. They see the import/lowrider boys and girls ass a bunch of punks causin trouble. It's just the rep each get. Of course the reps aren't fair...but what can we do about it? Around my area the "rednecks" cause more trouble out in town than do the import people. Maybe the only way to change the cops perceptions of the import scene is if we make a National Import Organization that does a lot of community service and shiz....hehe they'd still think we are bein a$$holes though.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 10:43 AM   #20
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Thats an interesting statement.. not a bad idea either...