::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2002, 06:28 PM   #1
jr438

T3/T4 Turbos

is there any bigger turbo than a T3T4 turbo that I can use for my 95 RS Integra, that will still work just as good as the T3T4 turbo.
Old 01-23-2002, 05:12 AM   #2
Boosted3g

Im ot understanding what you mean by just as good. Are you looking to be able to support more power or do you jsut want a bigger turbo. If you dont need a bigger turbo you are not going to gain anything but lag.

The next step in turbos is the 60 Series. You can get these with a T3 turbine and it will botl right up to whatever kit you have. The only slight modification you may need to make is the inlet for these turbos are nearly 4". You can get a Hi-Fi version that will bring it down to around 3" if thats a problem in your set up.
Old 01-24-2002, 11:13 PM   #3
jr438

T3T4 Turbos

I mean is there any better and bigger turbos out there than a T3/T4 turbo that would be able to give me more power than a T3/T4 turbo. also I don't want to go bigger if I will have lag , and Thank for helping out, I realy apreciated.

JR438
Old 01-25-2002, 05:46 PM   #4
Rocket

T4/T3

You might want to try a turbo cam. Cams make a big difference in power. We ran a CRX 1.6 liter SOHC with a T4/T3 and JG 301 cams and it would smoke the tires in 1st and 2nd when the boost hit. With the stock cam it couldn't do this.

Also the bigger the exhuast the better.
Old 02-17-2002, 03:29 AM   #5
MrCLoWnY

Re: T3T4 Turbos

Quote:
Originally posted by jr438
I mean is there any better and bigger turbos out there than a T3/T4 turbo that would be able to give me more power than a T3/T4 turbo. also I don't want to go bigger if I will have lag , and Thank for helping out, I realy apreciated.

JR438

I think the t3/t4 will give you efficient power. Do you already have it installed on your car or are you just doing research????
Old 02-18-2002, 10:08 AM   #6
VTC_CiViC

Does anybody know of a good Turbo cam for the D16Y8?
Old 02-18-2002, 11:52 AM   #7
juvenile

What's the T3T4 or T4T3 turbo?
What what other models are there?

And what exactly is the difference between the Stage I, II and III. I also heard there was a Stage IV turbo which is the best of it's kind. How is it the best? Basically can you explain the difference between each stage.

Oh and is a T3T4 turbo one inbetween Stage 3 and Stage 4???
Old 02-18-2002, 04:48 PM   #8
ajn

I don't understand what you mean when you say stages. Different sized turbos are meant for different applications and goals. The T3/T4 can push 30 pounds of boost. I don't think you need to go any higher than that.

later,

aj
Old 02-18-2002, 05:44 PM   #9
97CivicFerio

Stages are for the turbine wheel. Stage I, II, III, etc.....
They indicate the trim of the wheel, higher number=slightly more lag and more total power. Low number=less lag and less total power. This is how I understand it anyway, someone correct me if I am wrong.:p
Old 02-21-2002, 09:47 AM   #10
Boosted3g

You are correct with the turbine. Generally stage 3 is the most common you will see on a T3/T4 turbo. A stage 3 turbine is good to about 500 hp
Old 02-21-2002, 03:56 PM   #11
juvenile

Oh, I was kinda confused by that before. Thank you for clearing it up!