.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2006, 02:23 PM   #1
nonovurbizniz

Started installing the sound deadening stuff...

Got some B-quite ultimate (well a lot actually)...

I was at my friends station this sunday and fixing some wiring to my 02 sensor so I can clear my CEL and start getting better than 24mpg...

So I had a little time left by the time I was done with that so I figured I'd start putting this crap on...

I've used dynomat extreme before on my brothers car... this stuff is MUCH better... IMO.

It molded easier with NO heat on a pretty cold day... sticks AWESOME... and isn't THAT messy to deal with...

I only did the trunk lid since I didn't have too much time to dedicate... but I'll finish the trunk next weekend for sure.

It DEFINATELY made a noticable difference from the outside... inside I can't really tell... my trunk is all full of crap anyhow so everything is rattling.. .and as I said only the top of the trunk is done so I can't imagine it would affect much.

Unfortunately no HID work this weekend... prob. next weekend... I gotta get some supplies.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:48 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

How much did this cost, where did you get it, and how much does it weigh?
Pics?
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:00 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

one of my friends got some fatmat i think (a ripp off dynamat) and he said all the noises are gone, and it was like $50 for a roll big enough to do his whole 95 integra. he even had some left to do the top of the car.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:46 PM   #4
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiggitydogg
How much did this cost, where did you get it, and how much does it weigh?
Pics?

Uh... I got it on ebay DIRECTLY from b-quite... 224.99 for 100sqft shipped to my door. with a free roller.

Customer service/support has been EXCELLENT. guy answered ALL of my questions w/in hours of asking... been really helpful the whole way through.

I'm not sure on the weight... I'll weigh the un-opened roll when I get home...

But it DEFINATLELY adds a healthy amount of weight... the trunk doesn't swing open anymore from the torsion bars... I have to lift it almost all the way up before they aid the lift enough to finish the job..

and it comes FLYING down when you start to close it... but it sounds MUCH more solid... although I picked the worst part to do since it has that plastick licence plate frame thing and I didn't bother doing that... although I'll eventually spray the back of that and it's mating surface with the undercoating rubberized spray... that'll work out any last rattles.

I'll repost tonight with the weight... I'd say ea. 50ft roll weighs about 30lbs. maybe more.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:14 PM   #5
AzCivic

i did the whole floor, trunk, trunk lid, and trunk sides in my civic. definitely made a pretty good difference. didn't really quiet down the one noise i was trying to eliminate, but I think that might've been because I couldn't get dynamat to cover the whole firewall.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:02 PM   #6
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzCivic
i did the whole floor, trunk, trunk lid, and trunk sides in my civic. definitely made a pretty good difference. didn't really quiet down the one noise i was trying to eliminate, but I think that might've been because I couldn't get dynamat to cover the whole firewall.

I'm gunna go COMPLETELY nuts on this project... I got 100sq ft and I don't mind getting more... after I have 2 layers down EVERYWHERE. If I don't do the firewall now I'll end up doing it when I do the dash swap or repair...

THEN I'm going to spray EVERYTHING the ENTIRE interior with the rubberized crap... then I'm gunna probobly do some sort of batting/mat for the floors.

I plan on eventually doing the engine bay and hood as well. I want this thing to be QUITE.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:19 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

damn man youre going nuts on this!
Awesome
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:21 PM   #8
V8killimports

I just installed 2 bulk packs of dynamat xtreme in the vette.. and it went in easy as can be.. and the sound difference is unbelieveable.. all the random sounds and rattles went completely away.. and the car feels solid now.
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:26 PM   #9
sicones

holy shit man, your going to completely isolate yourself from the world
sicones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:35 PM   #10
nonovurbizniz

GOOD NEWS: WHOLE trunk is done

BAD NEWS: I used an ENTIRE 50ft roll and it's only got one layer and still needs about another 3sq ft to be "fully" done.

Shit is OUTRAGEOUS though... When I finished like 80pct of the trunk in one night and got in the bass was TOTALLY different... much louder... it's great.

I think I'm gunna end up using like 300sq ft.

I've gotten pretty decent at cutting the sheets to fit around/over stuff really nice.

I think I might spend next weekend on the brakes though... or maybe the HID's... I got so many projects going it's making me run around in circles.