Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2005, 01:34 AM   #1
IALuder

WMDS = not there

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6814588/

what was the purpose of the war....oh yea what they didnt find.

what a fucking idiot.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:46 AM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Re: WMDS = not there

Quote:
Originally posted by SFKing
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6814588/

what was the purpose of the war....oh yea what they didnt find.

what a fucking idiot.

Man...this isn't news. Long before the war many high ranking officials (Powell, Rice, etc.) publicly stated that Iraq did not pose a serious threat to us. Then all of a sudden once war became an option they seriously changed their tune.

What's the purpose of this war? Pride, pure and simple. I find it interesting that the only common name that comes up when discussing those who have taken on Iraq that isn't Iatolah or Shah, is Bush. Regardless of whether or not Bush is fighting a war to make daddy happy (and by fighting I mean sending a lot of other folks off to die), he's still doing it to prove that quite simply he can. With no real evidence that Iraq posed any threat to us at all, how can there be any other concensus?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:22 AM   #3
CD5Passion

I was going to join the military out of highschool, too bad Bush came around and made me want nothing to do with it
Old 01-13-2005, 03:15 PM   #4
V8killimports

Quote:
Originally posted by Gosei_Passion
I was going to join the military out of highschool, too bad Bush came around and made me want nothing to do with it

I am not sure even the Coast Guard would take a fuck stick like you. Don't dog the military.. nobody dog's the fact that you pump my fucking gas. People here do more in a weekend than you will do in your lifetime.

Where did all the WMD go? They must have just dissappeared I guess? My guess is Syria.
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:11 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
I am not sure even the Coast Guard would take a fuck stick like you. Don't dog the military.. nobody dog's the fact that you pump my fucking gas. People here do more in a weekend than you will do in your lifetime.

Where did all the WMD go? They must have just dissappeared I guess? My guess is Syria.

Calm down Mike...I didn't see anything in there dogging the military. Just dogging Bush.

Here's my whole-picture perspective on the entire situation. We were told Iraq had WMDs and that Saddam was a threat and that he helped finance Al Qaeda (all of which are seriously up for debate). Now there are apparently no WMDs to be found and Saddam is gone. At this point it doesn't appear that Iraq is much safer (if at all) than before we got there, yet we (and by "we", I mean one douche bag on an aircraft carrier) still declared "mission accomplished". A bit of cognitive dissonance there, but whatever. So when can we leave? After the elections at the end of the month? In 6 months? In a year? Never? Until someone can clearly answer these questions, I will personally assault anyone who claims our mission has been accomplished. Typically when military missions are fully accomplished, people leave. As that hasn't happened yet, King George II will be on my shitlist...along with millions of others, I'd imagine.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 01-13-2005, 07:31 PM   #6
drdingo21

Quote:

Really? You know him personally?

Or are you just showing what a bigot you are and judging him over an internet car forum?

And i don't give a shit one way or the other about the WMD or even the war for that matter.
But no WMD? Its almost enough for me to laugh in the face of people who belive him.
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:33 PM   #7
mavaaoife

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Typically when military missions are fully accomplished, people leave. As that hasn't happened yet, King George II will be on my shitlist...along with millions of others, I'd imagine.

shit on of my good friends and my boyfriend uncle just left for iraq in the past week.. WHAT THE FUCK are we ( and we i mean the US) sending more troops in for?

Http://www.myspace.com/tehren84
mavaaoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:40 PM   #8
CD5Passion

Quote:

haha hey man next time you decide to fucking lose grip, would you actually take a look long enough for your mind to observe what i wrote?. i wrote ABSOLUTLY nothing about "doggin the military". You must've missed the part where I said "i wanted to join" and it's people like you and comments like that that deter me even more from the forces.
and the only reason your ass if over there is because of people like me. the ones who pay the taxes that pay for your fucking weapons dumbass. without the people there would be no military. and just because I'm not hanging in some fatiques and have a m16 slung over my shoulder doesn't mean you're superior to me in terms of what we achieved. so congratufuckinglations you made yourself look like an idiot and made your branch look bad in the process

btw i think the WMD's have been up Bushs ass all along
Old 01-13-2005, 10:05 PM   #9
AzCivic

Quote:

and the only reason your ass if over there is because of people like me. the ones who pay the taxes that pay for your fucking weapons dumbass. without the people there would be no military.

sorry, this just sounded rather stupid..yeah if there was no nation to defend then there'd be no military, did you just learn that or something? I thought it was common sense.

and we pay taxes too so do you want a cookie?
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:06 PM   #10
AzCivic

i'm still waiting for cheap gas.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:28 PM   #11
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
sorry, this just sounded rather stupid..yeah if there was no nation to defend then there'd be no military, did you just learn that or something? I thought it was common sense.

and we pay taxes too so do you want a cookie?

my point was that he is in no way superior to me just because he is in the military. Hoping to drop his ego down a notch or two, but i know how stubborn people are so I'm done trying
Old 01-14-2005, 12:23 AM   #12
dabouncerx24

Quote:
i'm still waiting for cheap gas.

...same here.
dabouncerx24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 06:33 AM   #13
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
my point was that he is in no way superior to me just because he is in the military.

That is one thing that tends to bother me. I have nothing in any way, shape, or form against any member of the military. I do, however, take exception to those members who think the world would collapse without them. For some reason this seems to be a bigger issue as of late. I hear a lot of "I fought to protect your right to say what you want". My apologies, but last I checked Iraq was in no way revved up to take away my freedom of speech. Who is? The current president. With the Freedom Act II not far away and the first unholy incarnate already in place, I'm more worried about our own government denying me rights than some government half way across the world whose primary resource behind oil is dirt and sand. Not to say I don't appreciate the people in uniform, especially those who have died. I just think everyone does their part in their own way. They can go off and fight a war while I question the political quagmire-like bullshit shat keeps them in harm's way. We all do our part, just in different ways. Other countries don't hate us because of our freedoms...they hate us because our president forces us to invade them and skullfuck them ad nauseum.

Old 01-14-2005, 12:32 PM   #14
CD5Passion

Quote:
Other countries don't hate us because of our freedoms...they hate us because our president forces us to invade them and skullfuck them ad nauseum.

excellent point, but propaganda would have us think otherwise
Old 01-15-2005, 09:05 AM   #15
IALuder

lol, they fired all the 60 minutes people for that shit. i think they all need to be fired.

some countrys hate us becuase we wont have anything to do with them. hell i wish i owned a country and the US had nothing to do with me. others hate us becuase we have religious freaks runnintg around forcing their damn religion on them. so they think all americans are like that. fawking religion. i hate religion.

Old 01-15-2005, 08:28 PM   #16
AzCivic

america has the religous freaks? i thought that was the middle east?
Old 01-15-2005, 08:38 PM   #17
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:

Every country has religious freaks. We just have a tendency to force our religion(s) on others. That's just kind of what we've always done. This time around we've walked a fine line of that, but I think we've done a decent job of seperating rather murky political intentions from religious zealotry. The only place I see our religious intentions going a little wild is here at home...not abroad.

Old 01-15-2005, 09:14 PM   #18
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

oh no...we're not going to have another religion thing are we?
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 09:16 PM   #19
CD5Passion

Quote:

have you looked around? there's religious freaks everywhere, I know I've told Steve about the time i went to a concert and a priest came up and started telling us we were basically spawn of satan and will be condemned if we don't leave the concert. so we threw donuts at him since that's all we had on our persons and a groupie off the Adema bus threw ice.

Old 01-16-2005, 12:02 AM   #20
AzCivic

really? did he tell you he was going to kill you to rid the world of one more infidel? didnt think so.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:18 AM   #21
Violent Apathy

Just cause it's worse somewhere else doesn't make it right...

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 12:40 AM   #22
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Violent Apathy
Just cause it's worse somewhere else doesn't make it right...

And I hope nobody kids themselves into thinking there are just as many people who wouldn't "kill for god" in the U.S. Sure, they're not in the news as much because the "news" wouldn't dare run a story about a REAL problem in this country lest they be labeled communists. Besides...it much easier to focus on your "enemy" than people who live amongst you (though in this case the two may be one in the same). There are just as many people who pervert the bible's message as there are who pervert the Quran's (sp?) message.

Old 01-16-2005, 02:00 AM   #23
IALuder

i think its all a bunch of BS. i think that we need to pull our troops out of every country. leave the embassies. <-- still dont know the purpose of having those anyways. but we should fix our country before we start to fix another or destroy it.

religion has to be one of the bigger reason why people in other countries hate us. sence we done believe the way they do, it makes evil.

Old 01-16-2005, 02:01 AM   #24
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by SFKing
leave the embassies. <-- still dont know the purpose of having those anyways

Trust me...if you ever get seriously fucked in another country, you'll learn why those embassies are there.

Old 01-16-2005, 02:24 AM   #25
IALuder

oh, thats their job. i thought they were for some other reasons.

Old 01-16-2005, 08:49 AM   #26
V8killimports

Quote:
really? did he tell you he was going to kill you to rid the world of one more infidel? didnt think so.

Exactly.. we don't force our religion on other people nearly like other countries have been known to do. Nobody has forced any religion onto me that I can remember.. so I don't see a problem. If someone comes you your door telling you to accept jesus crist or you will go to hell tell them to fuck off if you want.

As for Gensei whatever, the fact that you were going to join the military based on Bush, and decided not to join because of him simply shows me that you are a pussy and an idiot. I didn't join for Bush and if Kerry was elected wouldn't have quit. You join the military for other reasons, and what you said earlier shows that the military is better off without you. I love doing what I do and don't do it to crush the muslim nation, or any bullshit on the ground. I do it because I see guys mangled everyday missing limbs, whoe have lost their eye sight, or whatever, and I love the fact that I can try to prevent some of that from happening, franted in small amounts, and make some of their lives just a little bit easier... and that is exactly why I do what I do.

Join and do things for you own reasons, not because you are throwing a little fit that Bush got re-elected and wanted to teach someone a lesson by not joining.. because I can tell you right now that nobody gives a shit that you didn't join. And like I said before, it's more of a positive for the military... believe me.

And no, I am not here because of you. You don't have ANY say over the defense budget.. and the fact you typed that made me laugh harder than I have in a long time.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:04 PM   #27
CD5Passion

I did do something for my own reason and that is not joining because I don't want to throw away the only life I have because of a war of pride. and I was by no means trying to influence anyone from joining the military, which I don't particularly remember saying or implying. you don't know me personally, you could even begin to know if the military is better off with out me. I've been trained in displine since I was young, I have a great shot with a gun (granted a rifle is alittle different) and I have more than enough intelligence to keep me alive
I saw something today on the news about almost any civilian being able to buy a .50cal sniper rifle, hahaah so much for homeland security.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:12 PM   #28
V8killimports

Quote:
I did do something for my own reason and that is not joining because I don't want to throw away the only life I have because of a war of pride. and I was by no means trying to influence anyone from joining the military, which I don't particularly remember saying or implying. you don't know me personally, you could even begin to know if the military is better off with out me. I've been trained in displine since I was young, I have a great shot with a gun (granted a rifle is alittle different) and I have more than enough intelligence to keep me alive
I saw something today on the news about almost any civilian being able to buy a .50cal sniper rifle, hahaah so much for homeland security.

Are you kidding me? lol Because you can shoot a gun doesn't mean jack shit. Most career fields don't even involve a gun.

And first of all "saw something onthe news" sums up a lot about you and the fact that you regard the news as god. Second.. .50 cal sniper rifle.. homeland security? .50 cal sniper rifle has nothing to do with homeland security. A .50 cal sniper rifle is not going to destroy a city. That statement was just retarded.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:20 PM   #29
Wren57

Don't worry about it Mike... some people just don't see the big picture.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:28 PM   #30
IALuder

ok wren what is the big picture in your veiw?

im not taking sides, i merly want to know what you think.

Old 01-16-2005, 03:41 PM   #31
Wren57

OH boy here we go...

*disclaimer*
If you can't deal with a POV that may be different than yours, or if you choose to not look through ALL propoganda generated by EVERYONE, are easily offended or otherwise sensitive, or if you are pregnant or nursing, you should stop reading right here.

The big picture is global. This is, in basic terms, a war of ideas. This is a war between order and chaos; the paradox is that the order (represented by the "west") is corrupted. So, which is better; corrupted order or chaos? That is the main question here.

Now, look at the Middle East. People say we shouldn't have invaded Iraq, but maybe Saudi Arabia. We are fighting this war of ideas, as it was brought to us, and we will finish it. We NEED Saudi Arabia as an ally for a while; they are our only ally there (other than Israel). You have to see through the strategy; We are dividing and conquering. This has been coming for a long time, which is why we have kept positive relations with Saudi Arabia. We will be friends with SA and set up an American-friendly Iraqi gov't. We already have Afghanistan, Pakistan, and SA on our side; then we get Iraq, so we have 4 allies in the area. Then we can take on Libya, Iran, etc. It is a war of ideas, and we are dividing and conquering; this is a very basic military principle. I don't agree with everything that is happening, but I AM smart enough to realize that Bush is NOT stupid, that he DOES have an overall strategy and so far, it IS working (democracies aren't made in the face of turmoil overnight... it took the US a LONG time). We are achieving our objective; to win the war of ideas. THAT is the big picture. Even if a city gets nuked or a few buildings destroyed, we will win. We might lose a battle, but we will win the war.

Now, some of the things gosei has said has cracked me up. Do you realize how LITTLE of the armed forces is actually on the battlefield? Not everyone has a rifle and a flak jacket. You say you pay taxes so you don't have to fight; what a jackass that makes you sound like. I dare you to tell the next cop that pulls you over that he owes you something because you pay his salary through taxes. This sense of entitlement to America's freedoms is sickening. Freedom is NOT free, and if you haven't learned that over the past 3 years, then it may be too late...

Kinda too big a topic to say all I want to as I don't want to type a thesis, but ask any specific questions and I'll be happy to answer.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:50 PM   #32
IALuder

so your saying, we are going to go to war with every country were not an ally with? just to make them an ally?

Old 01-16-2005, 04:03 PM   #33
Wren57

No, I just didn't explain that cause I was lazy and figured you'd get it anyway. We are at war with any country that is hostile towards us AND disagrees with our ideas (probably hostile bc of the disagreement). A few countries HATE us, and would love to see our destruction; they just don't have the power to bring us down. We are taking the war to their doorstep instead of giving them time to gather arms, in which case they would bring the fight to OUR soil...
Old 01-16-2005, 05:41 PM   #34
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
No, I just didn't explain that cause I was lazy and figured you'd get it anyway. We are at war with any country that is hostile towards us AND disagrees with our ideas (probably hostile bc of the disagreement). A few countries HATE us, and would love to see our destruction; they just don't have the power to bring us down. We are taking the war to their doorstep instead of giving them time to gather arms, in which case they would bring the fight to OUR soil...

That all sounds fine and good, but do realize just how many countries hate us? It's a shitload. Even countries that "support" us in this war are pissed at us...like Britain. Man, do they hate us over there. Destroying anyone with a different ideology and strong feelings of dislike...that reminds me of something. Oh yeah...terrorism. Look...people are going to hate us. That's just the way it is. It's not because we have freedom...they could get that on their own if they wanted it so bad. It's because we're pompous, arrogant, and violent with a touch of narcissism thrown in for good measure. You mentioned that we've got the support of Afghanistan. Are you kidding? Their government is basically our government with funny hats and their military...wait...what military (unless you mean our military). It's a bit antithetical to "liberate" (politician-speak for "blow the fuck out of") a country and then turn around and claim that they agree with us. I do wonder why the rest of the world hates us.

Old 01-16-2005, 06:07 PM   #35
Wren57

Steve, point out where I said I agree with the way things are in the world and I'll FedEx you a sugar cookie. Don't attack me for speaking the truth; I am not in control of it, nor do I support it or agree with it. I am stating facts, not agreeing or disagreeing with them, so don't try to put me on the defensive, for I have not said anything that would put me on a side to defend.

And yes, people are gonna hate us. But the "live and let live" policy will only work if everyone agrees to it; they have not, are not, and will not ever agree to it. They want a fight. If someone has resources and support, they can create a fight with the US. Would you like to have troops fighting for you in desert wastelands, or would you rather have to keep a rifle nearby in case the Taliban kicks down your door...
Old 01-16-2005, 06:35 PM   #36
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Steve, point out where I said I agree with the way things are in the world and I'll FedEx you a sugar cookie. Don't attack me for speaking the truth; I am not in control of it, nor do I support it or agree with it. I am stating facts, not agreeing or disagreeing with them, so don't try to put me on the defensive, for I have not said anything that would put me on a side to defend.

And yes, people are gonna hate us. But the "live and let live" policy will only work if everyone agrees to it; they have not, are not, and will not ever agree to it. They want a fight. If someone has resources and support, they can create a fight with the US. Would you like to have troops fighting for you in desert wastelands, or would you rather have to keep a rifle nearby in case the Taliban kicks down your door...

Truth? You mean all of that subjective material and conjecture that anyone can twist to mean whatever they want? Yeah...that truth kicks ass. Look...there's no such thing as truth. There's only opinion and viewpoint. I don't support a "liveand let live" policy either, but we've got a REALLY shitty track record of picking our battles. Korea...Vietnam...Iraq #1. All overwhelming successes, to be certain. So who gets to decide which side is picking a fight? I'm sure to many in the Arab world we're the ones picking the fight and they'd be right. To us their terrorist bullshit alone is picking a fight. Again, we'd be right. So if everyone's right, why go to war? What benefit do we have of invading Iraq? Iraqis could have gotten freedom on their own if they had wanted to. My gas prices are still pretty high, so I'm assuming oil wasn't a big part of it. OPEC controls all of that anyway. Then you're just left with Saddam. A whole war to get one guy. But now Iraq is a breeding ground for people who didn't hate us before, but sure as fuck hate us now. Who did the risk/reward analysis on this plan? Fire that asshole. As for the options you gave me, I choose neither. If I feel that my own life or the lives of others are in real danger I'll pick up a gun and fight for myself. I don't need someone else doing it for me. But there aren't really any countries that pose a credible threat to us...save maybe the one nobody is paying attention to, North Korea. Why haven't we invaded Pyongyang? I'm sick of people saying that others are fighting for my freedoms. Last I checked, Saddam wasn't in any way gearing up to take away my freedom of speech. More than anything, I fear that from our own government. So with all of this legislature running around trying to control what people can say, why doesn't the military invade Washington DC? I mean, if anyone is screwing with my freedoms, they're in DC. The bottom line is that being like a drunk in a bar swinging a bottle...taking on all comers is not an effective option or, given the size of our military, even a possible one.

Old 01-16-2005, 06:50 PM   #37
Wren57

Quote:
Truth? You mean all of that subjective material and conjecture that anyone can twist to mean whatever they want? Yeah...that truth kicks ass. Look...there's no such thing as truth. There's only opinion and viewpoint.
Yes, there is truth. I am not debating emotions, I'm saying we are at war over ideas; I mentioned motives and goals, not feelings. Keep your eye on the ball.
Quote:
So who gets to decide which side is picking a fight? I'm sure to many in the Arab world we're the ones picking the fight and they'd be right. To us their terrorist bullshit alone is picking a fight. Again, we'd be right. So if everyone's right, why go to war? What benefit do we have of invading Iraq? Iraqis could have gotten freedom on their own if they had wanted to.
First of all, Iraq picked the fight by invading Kuwait over 10 years ago. Then they were given another chance, and they picked a fight again by not agreeing to the terms of their second chance (resolution 1411 or whatever it was). These are the FACTS, deal with them. Also, terrorists picked the fight with us by crashing planes into the WTC. When have we done anything even similar to that? Please tell me. And no, Iraqis could NOT gain their freedom on their own; pitchforks and shovels don't stack up against RPGs and a huge militia.
Quote:
My gas prices are still pretty high, so I'm assuming oil wasn't a big part of it. OPEC controls all of that anyway. Then you're just left with Saddam. A whole war to get one guy. But now Iraq is a breeding ground for people who didn't hate us before, but sure as fuck hate us now. Who did the risk/reward analysis on this plan? Fire that asshole.
It was not about Sadaam. Did you read the divide/conquer motives I listed about? THAT is why.
Quote:
As for the options you gave me, I choose neither. If I feel that my own life or the lives of others are in real danger I'll pick up a gun and fight for myself. I don't need someone else doing it for me. But there aren't really any countries that pose a credible threat to us...
So you want to sit back until someone gets powerful enough to pose a threat? That is stupid. Squash the enemy before they squash you. Duh.
Quote:
save maybe the one nobody is paying attention to, North Korea. Why haven't we invaded Pyongyang?
Because they have artillery aimed at Seoul, and if we invade, they basically destroy Seoul. Il will be out soon enough, and that will bring about regime change. Their military is antiquated and could easily be crushed, but WE DONT WANT A FIGHT, so we are being patient. Do you have any idea the miserable state of their economy vs the capitalist economy of South Korea? NK will come around soon enough.
Quote:
I'm sick of people saying that others are fighting for my freedoms. Last I checked, Saddam wasn't in any way gearing up to take away my freedom of speech. More than anything, I fear that from our own government. So with all of this legislature running around trying to control what people can say, why doesn't the military invade Washington DC? I mean, if anyone is screwing with my freedoms, they're in DC. The bottom line is that being like a drunk in a bar swinging a bottle...taking on all comers is not an effective option or, given the size of our military, even a possible one.

I agree... if you feel so strongly, do something about it. The ACLU drives me insane, as do many other censoring bodies. You will have to admit it is mainly the left extremists censoring everything... well, them and the bible-beating far-right zealots. If you feel strongly about it, write your congressman; they do listen.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:39 PM   #38
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Yes, there is truth. I am not debating emotions, I'm saying we are at war over ideas; I mentioned motives and goals, not feelings. Keep your eye on the ball.

First of all, Iraq picked the fight by invading Kuwait over 10 years ago. Then they were given another chance, and they picked a fight again by not agreeing to the terms of their second chance (resolution 1411 or whatever it was). These are the FACTS, deal with them. Also, terrorists picked the fight with us by crashing planes into the WTC. When have we done anything even similar to that? Please tell me. And no, Iraqis could NOT gain their freedom on their own; pitchforks and shovels don't stack up against RPGs and a huge militia.

It was not about Sadaam. Did you read the divide/conquer motives I listed about? THAT is why.

So you want to sit back until someone gets powerful enough to pose a threat? That is stupid. Squash the enemy before they squash you. Duh.

Because they have artillery aimed at Seoul, and if we invade, they basically destroy Seoul. Il will be out soon enough, and that will bring about regime change. Their military is antiquated and could easily be crushed, but WE DONT WANT A FIGHT, so we are being patient. Do you have any idea the miserable state of their economy vs the capitalist economy of South Korea? NK will come around soon enough.

I agree... if you feel so strongly, do something about it. The ACLU drives me insane, as do many other censoring bodies. You will have to admit it is mainly the left extremists censoring everything... well, them and the bible-beating far-right zealots. If you feel strongly about it, write your congressman; they do listen.

For as much as you like to get on me about your perception that I substitute my opinion for fact, you sure do enjoy doing it yourself, don't you Wren? Yeah...Iraq invaded Kuwait...10 YEARS AGO. If you've taken PoliSci 101 yet, you'll also know that it's the responsibilty of a given citizenship to overthrow a government they don't think is working. Somehow I doubt all of the people brandishing AKs and RPGs are members of the military. Look...I'm not saying we should sit around with thumbs firmly up our asses waiting for someone to attack us. I just don't think a "shoot first, ask questions later" foreign policy is going to work. Eventually all of the people we've bullied/bribed into saying they support us will turn against us if we invade any country who dislikes us. If we're going to fight, why not fight the good fight? If Iraq didn't play a part in attacking us, why invade them and not the countries who did play a part? Forget tactics...the first consideration for war should be justification. That's something we just don't have.

Old 01-16-2005, 08:37 PM   #39
Wren57

10 years is NOTHING in the grand scope of world time and political change, yet you make it sound like an eternity. Ha.

And yes, I've taken PSC101, and it is their responsibility. We did not go in there to help the Iraqi people; don't buy into that propoganda. We went in there because we had intel that Iraq had WMDs (cmon, we warned them 8 months before invading, I bet they moved them). We know there were terrorist training camps in Iraq, Sadaam hated us, we thought he had WMDs, his own people hated him (for the most part), and he had proven his ability and likelyhood of attacking another nation given the power to (Kuwait) AND ignoring multinational sanctions. C'mon, what more justification do you really need?

Fight the good fight? What the FUCK does that mean?

Attack those that attacked us; gee, we are. It is called Afghanistan. If you don't understand why we can't send in troops to Afghanistan like we did Iraq then you have no basis to even argue this point, so give it up. If you really need explaining to, just ask (or google it).

Anyway, to avoid this getting too nasty, I will say that I see justification for this war, for it is there. If you choose to ignore/deny it, or just don't agree with it, then that is your decision and at your discretion.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:56 PM   #40
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
10 years is NOTHING in the grand scope of world time and political change, yet you make it sound like an eternity. Ha.

And yes, I've taken PSC101, and it is their responsibility. We did not go in there to help the Iraqi people; don't buy into that propoganda. We went in there because we had intel that Iraq had WMDs (cmon, we warned them 8 months before invading, I bet they moved them). We know there were terrorist training camps in Iraq, Sadaam hated us, we thought he had WMDs, his own people hated him (for the most part), and he had proven his ability and likelyhood of attacking another nation given the power to (Kuwait) AND ignoring multinational sanctions. C'mon, what more justification do you really need?

Fight the good fight? What the FUCK does that mean?

Attack those that attacked us; gee, we are. It is called Afghanistan. If you don't understand why we can't send in troops to Afghanistan like we did Iraq then you have no basis to even argue this point, so give it up. If you really need explaining to, just ask (or google it).

Anyway, to avoid this getting too nasty, I will say that I see justification for this war, for it is there. If you choose to ignore/deny it, or just don't agree with it, then that is your decision and at your discretion.

How is Iraq attacking Kuwait any of our business? I like all of this "we had intel" and "we thought". Hey...suprise suprise, we were wrong. That happens a lot when you make shit up. I'm well aware of why we went into Afghanistan...and I supported that (I'm not too keen on regime change, but overall it was a good effort). Quick, clean, and relatively short. Just like Iraq. Oh...wait...no.

A big part of the word "justification" is "justice". I don't think a bunch of "well we thought..." is justice when it turns out you're wrong. Iraq posed no direct threat to us and any indirect threats sure as hell weren't deminished by invading them. As for the rest of the world...let them fend for themselves for a change. Not that I mean to sound insensitive, but I don't see why it's always the U.S. that has to be the one sending troops to die for other's mistakes.

Look Wren...just because I think one thing and you think another doesn't mean either of us is right...but it's hilarious that you think you are. You wanna kill 'em all? That's fine. I think it's ridiculous. But whatever. Don't get so focused on being right that you lose the forest from the trees.