::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2001, 04:05 PM   #1
GSRwBOOST

Turbo LS vs. Turbo GSR --- past moments in time

I was taking a friend home from work and driving up Supulveda Blvd from Santa Monica one afternoon. It was not quite dark out yet.. and this white LS rolls by.. the driver shaking his head as he looks over at my car.

I ignored it at first, but he did it a second time... being in traffic northbound and none southbound.. I rolled up and ask him if he wanted to race...

He asked what I had and i told him turbo.. and he said bullshit your stock... I told him again..and he said I'll race you for pinks... (kinda FNF dont you think...?)... So i asked him what he had.. he says... I'm stock.. and so are you...

So I said bullshit.. lets go...

I rolled around in the middle of the street and stopped. Signalled for him to follow.. and he lines em up... I revved to 3k and waited for him... he nods..

I waited a second for him to go... and we both dropped the clutch.

I got one lenght out of the hole, another in second (roasting the tires)... anotehr in third and yet another in fourth....

I waited for him to get next to me... and he rolls up next to me smiling and says....... "I'm turbo too!" and I just laughed at him.

He pulls into the gas station with me, so i can get gas and talk. As i'm filling it up .. we exchange info... and mods..

his mods.. LS Turbo Revhard stage 2
my mods: Listed in the performance vs. looks thread...

he started telling me how vtec wasnt good for turbo.. and how LS was better... I looked at him and shook my head and left...

poor kid....
Old 12-28-2001, 04:34 PM   #2
bret

Old 12-28-2001, 04:35 PM   #3
GSRwBOOST

sad but true.... hahahahahahahahah
Old 12-30-2001, 02:40 AM   #4
gixer

so you didn't race?........
Old 12-30-2001, 02:55 AM   #5
slowEJ6

he explained the race, he said he was gaining cars on him.

stock for stock w/o opening the engine. LS can handle about 13psi, GSR cannot. so in the short run the LS IS a better choice for turbo, however if yer going to do a build up....GSR is where its at.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 10:31 AM   #6
GSRwBOOST

Quote:
Originally posted by gixer
so you didn't race?........

we raced... but he lost so bad... I'm surprised he admitted to being turbo... I guess he was so new to turbo, he was prolly the only one of his friends with it and was too happy to see another turbo integra.

kewl kid, just misinformed slightly
Old 01-01-2002, 04:37 PM   #7
gixer

Quote:
Originally posted by GSRwBOOST

we raced... but he lost so bad... I'm surprised he admitted to being turbo... I guess he was so new to turbo, he was prolly the only one of his friends with it and was too happy to see another turbo integra.

kewl kid, just misinformed slightly

cool.... ......i love them drag turbo's......

btw....you have engine management?......