::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2003, 06:53 AM   #1
mullen

Tire problems on my 99 Accord

Anybody have probs with thier stock Michelins. Mine have gone bad at 50 km (35mi) They vibrate like a ***** at highway speeds A friend has a 2002 Accord and said he replaced his. He found out through the grapevine that Michelin had produced a bad patch of tires. Anybody heard this?

I have to replace these, any suggestions on the best replacement tire. I will being staying stock 195/65/15 so no suggestions of 22in rims and some phat Yoko's (hehe)

regards Mullen..........
Old 03-27-2003, 08:18 AM   #2
spoogenet

I hate the stock Michelin MXV4's, they suck big gonads.

If you have vibration problems, could that be fixed with a simple balancing? There's a possibility a weight came off or something causing balancing problems.

35k miles is a decent amount for a tire, though. Has it lost its tread or does it just vibrate too much? Ya know some chicks may dig it.

I replaced mine after 14k miles. I hate them, they're still in good condition I just hate them. I picked up some Yokohama AVS ES100's in 205/60/15. I like them much more however they're purely summer tires (not a problem in Tejas) and they won't last as long, tread wise.....but they're half the price of new MXV4's.

b
Old 03-27-2003, 09:11 AM   #3
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

Um dood I think he said 35 miles.

Take it back to the shop and piss on their face.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 01:28 PM   #4
spoogenet

You're right.

But for a '99, my guess is that he meant thousand....

b
Old 03-27-2003, 01:29 PM   #5
mullen

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet
If you have vibration problems, could that be fixed with a simple balancing? There's a possibility a weight came off or something causing balancing problems.

b

Yep been there done that 4wheel alignment, tire rotate twice and balance I think they've throne a belt

Sorry I should clairafy it's 50000 km or 35000 mi
Old 03-28-2003, 07:53 AM   #6
spoogenet

Yeah a bad belt will do that. A buddy of mine had a belt go in one of his tires, the funny thing is that on the highway it was perfectly normal, but at slow speeds turning corners the steering wheel would wobble horribly.....

Where do you live? For tire recommendations the kind of climate you're in makes a difference.

You may want to try the Wheels, Tire, and Suspension thread to get more eyes viewing. There have been a number of threads on tire recommendations, perhaps a search on the forum would help you out too.

b