Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2005, 10:39 PM   #1
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

New cellphone time

After 2 years of owning "a" motorola v60i i decided to upgrade my ceellphone. I liked the features of the phone when i got it but i had problems with them since day one. I owned a startac in the past and i loved the phone, i used one phone for 3 years with no problems, but the v60i turned out to be a pain in the ass. right now i am on the 5th v60i either replaced by verizon or the insurance company and it is falling apart again.So that being said i need to get some suggestions regarding on what new phone to get. I am absolutely done with motorola for now, and until they go back to the quality my startac used to be i say fuck them. Well i need some oppinins. also the phone needs to be less than 300 without the contract.

and if anyone wants the new v60i that's gonna come in on monday you can have it for 100 shipped with 3 sets of faceplates and carchargers.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 11:06 PM   #2
MissJDM

I'm not familiar with Verizon (at all) since I've lived in a small black hole all my life until last September (when I moved away to college). First question is, why the hell is Verizone soley a CDMA network? Whoa, that's insane. Anyway, I'm not familiar with CDMA as the only networks I've been around is TDMA and GSM. So, even on the new phones, CDMA does NOT have a SIM card or any of the sort to carry your information over? How long have you been with Verizon? What do you want in a phone, flip, non flip, camera, etc etc? Let me know, dude.

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 11:11 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

the phone has to be a flip phone. i don't care too much about the camera and all the other crap they have. it needs to have a memory book of about 200 and larger tho.

Old 05-23-2005, 12:50 AM   #4
mylittlecivic

I need a new phone and service, but gonna have to hold out for awhile:o

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 01:21 AM   #5
MissJDM

So with CDMA, there is no SIM card required so do you know if that means all CDMA phones are unblocked? Without a SIM, how do you register the phone in your name; do yuo go in to a store so they can do that? I looked on eBay and it seems that there are lots of camera phones well under $200 even. And yes, it's flip, pretty nice phones actually. Have you looked at your contract to see if you're eligible to upgrade? Better yet, is your contract over so you can port to Cingular?

Really though, let me know about the phone.

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 06:50 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well the cdma phones have a ESN number that is entered into the system and that's how it is registered. the only reason i want to get it from verizon is that it gets me 1 year warranty so in case the phone sucks balls i can have verizon fix it and i can go and argue with them. the contract is not over yet, i am still under it until march 2006 but i am eligible for the upgrade.

Old 05-23-2005, 10:46 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well i ended up buying a samsung scha670

Old 05-27-2005, 10:09 PM   #8
AkimboStylee

well i have nextel and i had the i860, and i loved it, untill my old roomate stole it and sold to buy cocaine, which is why i dont live there anymore. motorola was a pieceof crap after the startac, and know they are great phones. i guess they spend most of tier attention on nextel and boost mobile.