::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2002, 10:06 PM   #1
Civicfrenzy

sad story

so tonight i rear ended someone. yes it was my fault im not gona make someway up how its not. Its pretty bad but im not sure if my car is gona be totaled or not. I really hope its not. Its a 96 civic with about 87000 miles on it. The hood is bent a little the front end is smashed pretty good and the radiator was leaking when it got towed away. So could anyone give me some feedback on waht they think?
By the way whoever the hel i hit dedied to drive off and 30 min later reported the accident from there home?! I didnt understand that b/c there was a cop a few cars back in traffic and i pulled over and he pulled over with me. Just thouhgt id add that.
Thnx guys. By the way remembe to always wear ur seatbelt i didnt have mine on and im lucky im not hurt b/c i hit the steering wheel pretty hard...just a word of advice.
Thnx all at hondastyle for always answering my questions!
its been a good run.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:09 PM   #2
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Sorry to hear that...I wish you good luck with your car and I'm happy to hear that you at least didn't get hurt...and hey, just because you're car is gone doesn 't mean that you have to leave ...........

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 10:10 PM   #3
Kyle
elyK

he drove off!...dude, thats a good thing!
because it's ILLEGAL to not report a accident if it's over $100 of damage...
atleast thats how it is in texas...
hopefully that'll help you out a lil with insurance stuff...hopefully they won't total your car...
sorry about the wreck dude...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 10:12 PM   #4
Civicfrenzy

yea thnx. I wont be leaving, just taking a little break. And the cop was cool about it he was pretty mad that the other guy drove off but when i was leaving he said he was going to there house and that they would def get a ticket or something b/c he said it was very illegal since they left the scene of a crime....
Old 12-03-2002, 10:50 PM   #5
ShEaNy

damn that sucks....i rear ended someone before ....4000$ damage...it got fixed...pretty good too..it was a tough job for em....oh well...im happy i got my baby back...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 11:53 PM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Sorry that had to happen to you. Its good that you weren't hurt.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 06:57 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

sorry to hear that dude. i didn't see the car, on how it's smashed but my guess is you might have some frame damage(at least the front bones) so if they tell you to get rid of it be happy and don't hesitate one second

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 11:29 PM   #8
cashizslick

Re: sad story

Quote:
Originally posted by Civicfrenzy
so tonight i rear ended someone. yes it was my fault im not gona make someway up how its not. Its pretty bad but im not sure if my car is gona be totaled or not. I really hope its not. Its a 96 civic with about 87000 miles on it. The hood is bent a little the front end is smashed pretty good and the radiator was leaking when it got towed away. So could anyone give me some feedback on waht they think?

Hey, dont sweat it, i did the same thing, see the pics of my car? you probably cant even tell that i smashed my entire front end the same as you did.

If i were you , dont count it on your insurance, cause your rates will be up the ass, just get a loan from the bank to fix it.
Old 12-06-2002, 05:34 PM   #9
Civicfrenzy

Yea i would but the insurance already found out b/c the person who drove off reported it and stuff i guess. But it turns out the car is gona be fixed there is no frame damage or anything so thats good. But my insurance went through the roof , oh well at least i have my car still.
Old 12-06-2002, 06:28 PM   #10
Honda530

I feel you man but at least you are allright. When Its in the shop have you thought about replacing the front bumper with the bumper of your choice, and the the hood wit the hood of your choice. Think about it. My lil brother wrecked his civic and got a front bumper and z3 fenders put on it. Only cost him a little extra for parts.
Old 12-08-2002, 03:29 PM   #11
Civicfrenzy

Can i do that? i was wondering about it but wasnt sure if i could. Can u give me some info on waht i shoul do?
Also the story contunes....
I went to the auto shop today to take some pics of my car and i looked in the window and someone broke into the car and ripped out the head unit. However while doing it they pretty much ripped out the entire dash since its all laying on the floor in my car now. Both car doors where unlocked i dont know when it happened and if the towing guys didnt lock the car or waht. So tom. i have to call my insurance adjuster and let him know about this too. Im assuming its covered and i found my receit for the head unit. I guess its just another inconveniance.