::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > New Kid on the Block
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2002, 06:27 PM   #1
Lncl23

What up.

I'm new to the whole message board chat thing etc. I use my computer for email and to buy stuff. I need a place I can go to get some tips and find out the facts about aftermarket parts for my civic. I have some knowledge of the game, as a matter of fact I'm old school. I actually bought my 95 civic brand new.. in 95 before a lot of people were doing stuff to hondas except lowering them and rims. So now I don't have that one anymore, but I have another one, 1.6 vtec ex a/t. I do know how to drive stick but you know how it goes. I swear my next car WILL BE A STICK! (my first was a 5spd!) I've got some bolt on mods but I've got like 100k on the car and the body and interior is in immaculate shape (I like to detail cars.) I'm thinking I'd really like to do a swap. How hard is it to put in a 5spd and get rid of my auto. I'd be happy with just a b16 swap with low miles. Any suggestions. What's a good swap to put in that won't cost a fortune and I'll be able to upgrade like intake, exhuast etc? What's a good tranny for a b16? What axles will I need? I knew a guy years ago that had an a/t 95 civic and he got a 5spd put in but when I asked him how much it cost he didn't say. He was basically spoiled and didn't pay for it himself anyhow so he probably didn't even know. I know that I would never sell my car to just get a stick though. It's paid off and now it's time to go to work! All help would be greatly appreciated.
P.S- I love to lend my knowledge to others so I will always be willing to help out a fellow forum friend!
Old 09-25-2002, 08:38 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Welcome to HS!

The best way to find stuff is to use the search button at the top of your screen. Also, read through the forums and don't hesitate to ask questions if you can't find the answers.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 12:29 AM   #3
mylittlecivic

well welcome to hondastyle im sure we'll be able to help you

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 07:09 AM   #4
Lncl23

thanks 94 Accord EX, the search engine works great! thanks for the info! my little civic, what up peeps!
Old 09-29-2002, 09:10 PM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Dude you came to the right place.. Welcome to Hondastyle.