Old 07-01-2005, 12:29 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

9,000 Dead?

Interesting if true.

http://baltimore.indymedia.org/newswire/display/10554
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:48 AM   #2
CD5Passion

wouldn't suprise me atttt all
Old 07-01-2005, 05:50 AM   #3
mavaaoife

Im half and half on this whole situation.. take my good friend heather for instance.. she was dating a army ranger before he left for iraq for a goodwhile.. when he left (since his tour was 2 years and it was the last two years of his army career) he broke up with her.. saying he didnt feel it was right for her to wait on him.. well he was found MIA in Jan of 05.. and two days ago was found KIA when he was found executed and beaten very sevearly. He had a letter in his pocket for her and planned on proposing when he got home (left her the ring).. and she woulda accepted it.. So now she is his fiance and he is coming home in a casket tommorow.. but dont get me wrong.. i know this is not nearly the only story but this one hits so close to home.. My ex who is my good friend now is over there and his fiance waiting over here for him to come home in november.. my boyfriends uncle who is like his brother is over there in baghdad and wont be home till possibly feb of 06...and he has a 8 month old baby boy.. I just wonder how many more lives have to be lost until enough is enough...

Http://www.myspace.com/tehren84
mavaaoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 12:07 PM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

The media is know to blow stuff out of proportion, and the goverment is known for keeping stuff a secret. You can't believe anyone anymore.

The name of the Author who wrote that article is "peaceseeker" with a name like that you know the truth has probably been stretched due to bias opinions.

War is not fun, nor is it something to be taken lightly. However everyone that signed up for Active Duty knows what risks they are taking. The only thing we can do is stand behind them, and pray that they all come home safely.

Does anyone remember how many soldiers were killed in Vietnam or WWI/II?
Old 07-01-2005, 12:17 PM   #5
Leets
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
The media is know to blow stuff out of proportion, and the goverment is known for keeping stuff a secret. You can't believe anyone anymore.

The name of the Author who wrote that article is "peaceseeker" with a name like that you know the truth has probably been stretched due to bias opinions.

War is not fun, nor is it something to be taken lightly. However everyone that signed up for Active Duty knows what risks they are taking. The only thing we can do is stand behind them, and pray that they all come home safely.

I have to agree. The sad truth is you really can't trust anyone you don't know (... and sometimes even then you have to be cautious). Everyone has their own agendas. Although I doubt that the American death toll is up to 9,000, I still doubt it's as low as the government's willing to admit.

Whether you agree with the war or not, you still have to give a certain amount of respect to troops who risk their lives everyday. It's their sacrifice that gives the rest of us the oppurtunity to say, "I don't agree with this war so I'm not going to join."

And as for when enough is enough... shall you never underestimate the power of greed.