::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2002, 09:21 PM   #1
TruHeel142

Bye Bye Teg

Well, the FOR SALE sign officially found its way onto my car today. It's sad....this was my first car....my last car....my only car. But it's time to move on to bigger and better things. I now am boldy venturing into the land of VR4's, LS1's, and very overpriced TT Supras.....but I think its about time. I'm tired of driving the streets in a NA 4 cylinder "grocery getter" for the most part. And honestly, I don't have the time nor in-depth knowledge at this point to turn it into something amazing....it will be a lot easier to just get a car made for what I want. Maybe I'll own another Honda or Acura again someday...who knows. Till then, if u see a hopefully blue 6-speed TT Supra BPU rolling around north carolina, holla at me. Peace
Old 08-21-2002, 09:26 PM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

you better not ditch us. stick around. i know s13's are staring me down every damn time i see them. ive had the thought in my head before too.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 09:31 PM   #3
Wren57

Good to see you are ready to make serious power! Check my sig... im in the same game as you are... Dont get me wrong with the serious power comment... honda/acuras can be made "quick" relatively cheaply and get good gas mileage... but I have yet to see a civic be any match for a Supra, unless it was bone stock from a stop or NA. Go with the Supra, it will hold its resale value the best and will most likely become a classic collector car in the next 20 or so years
Old 08-21-2002, 09:41 PM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

dont underestimate hondas, theres a orange hatch ive seen running at the track it runs 11's all motor. ls/vtec motor. i mead, dont get me wrong getting a supra to the 11's isnt hard, but then you invest ALOT of cash after that. more than you could ever imagine in your honda. oh, and i'd give my prelude up in a heartbeat for a supra. im just shining light on both sides of the hill.

Old 08-21-2002, 09:46 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Congrats on the decision and good luck finding a sweet car.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 09:59 PM   #6
Wren57

Yeah that civic can handle 11s at the track, thats very impressive. My question is, at 120+mph, how stable is the car? How well does the motor continue to pull? How safe (relatively) are you at those speeds? The answer is not very, because Hondas were not made with speed in mind (save the s2000), so their chassis arent stiff enough to withstain that amount of speed. Ive been in a civic at 120mph, and it was scary as hell... scarier than my Highlander at that speed. Hondas are great cars, and excellent to autoX, but interstate racing is a diff story all together...
Old 08-21-2002, 10:12 PM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

mine handled like a champ at 135. i was more scared than the car was

Old 08-21-2002, 10:44 PM   #8
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Ahh you finally figured out that torque is important . Good luck on your search.

Just a word though. Supras & the parts are very pricey. If you have a good job your set. Otherwise plan on living in it too.
Old 08-22-2002, 04:43 AM   #9
Surfr

This is weird. Just last night I decided to expand my new car posibilities so I looked into the offerings from Mitsubishi and Toyota, namely the 3000 GTO, Celica and Supra. Believe me I was shocked when I realised I could afford an older non TT supra in very good condition. I am still going through the options in my mind but it sure is tempting. Oh wait I don't even have the job yet.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:25 AM   #10
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Surfr
Oh wait I don't even have the job yet.
Kinda helps....
Old 08-22-2002, 08:08 AM   #11
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by Surfr
This is weird. Just last night I decided to expand my new car posibilities so I looked into the offerings from Mitsubishi and Toyota, namely the 3000 GTO, Celica and Supra. Believe me I was shocked when I realised I could afford an older non TT supra in very good condition. I am still going through the options in my mind but it sure is tempting. Oh wait I don't even have the job yet.

non TT supras are slow... very underpowered. the 3000gt VR-4's are nice, but have tranny problems big time. and the celicas, unless your getting a new one they are real slow(yes even the turbo ones) and your still getting a FWD 4cyl. your cheapest bang for the buck might be a s13 240sx and drop a sr20det in it. if your seriose about the supra TT, then save, buy one, make sure its in good shape, and plan on spending over 30k (including the price) before your happy with it

Old 08-22-2002, 08:09 PM   #12
TruHeel142

Thnx for the support guys. I won't be buying anything of the sorts soon however. I'm selling my car, eliminating my car payments...and then I'm saving...it'll be more likely next summer when it's time to plop down 8-10 grand on a TT Supra down payment. And I think by next summer, I can find a good 6speed TT with under 100,000 miles on it for under or around 25K. I can't wait to start the search!

And yeah the VR4 has major tranny issues, but once fixed, its a near flawless car. Good off the line (AWD) and nice top end. But believe me, after sitting in 2 TT Supras....it'll be very very hard to tear me away from wanting one. Hell, even revving it was good enough for me....driving it....OWNING IT....damn, it'll be the greatest day of my life. Now I think you guys are seeing why its really time to move on. I feel nothing anymore when I get in my car, but good god, I couldn't breathe in the TT. I'll stick around, but I won't be too frequent anymore, I'll be hanging round supraforums for the most part.

Highlander...yeah you can get something sweet with that trade in, good luck in whatever ya get too bro!

Next summer time, or early fall, look for 2 TT Supras in NC, me and tightteg will be owning the streets soon!
Old 08-22-2002, 08:14 PM   #13
Kyle
elyK

good luck on getting asmuch money as possible
hope you find what you're looking for

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 11:25 PM   #14
tightteg52

Stephen stephen stephen! You are so set on me getting a supra huh? My old friends im not as set on a supra as he is. Im lookin everywhere making sure i get the exact car i want im not settling this time like i did with my incrapra! But my teggy will make a decent beater.

TT52

Quote:
Originally posted by TruHeel142
Thnx for the support guys. I won't be buying anything of the sorts soon however. I'm selling my car, eliminating my car payments...and then I'm saving...it'll be more likely next summer when it's time to plop down 8-10 grand on a TT Supra down payment. And I think by next summer, I can find a good 6speed TT with under 100,000 miles on it for under or around 25K. I can't wait to start the search!

And yeah the VR4 has major tranny issues, but once fixed, its a near flawless car. Good off the line (AWD) and nice top end. But believe me, after sitting in 2 TT Supras....it'll be very very hard to tear me away from wanting one. Hell, even revving it was good enough for me....driving it....OWNING IT....damn, it'll be the greatest day of my life. Now I think you guys are seeing why its really time to move on. I feel nothing anymore when I get in my car, but good god, I couldn't breathe in the TT. I'll stick around, but I won't be too frequent anymore, I'll be hanging round supraforums for the most part.

Highlander...yeah you can get something sweet with that trade in, good luck in whatever ya get too bro!

Next summer time, or early fall, look for 2 TT Supras in NC, me and tightteg will be owning the streets soon!