.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2003, 01:42 PM   #1
ohiochica

whats it worth?

what would be the hardest thing to deal with when trying to keep a relationship going strong? and would length of time in the relationship affect how much you would tolerate?

I am really confused as to whether this relationship i am in is worth it or if any normal person would say screw it and walk away. i am not going to just walk away but geezus i think at times it would be soooooooo much easier and less stress!

Ohio HST members please read this
ohiochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 02:17 PM   #2
zm_dawg

I don't think anyone of us could really answer this.....i mean if it doesn't seem right in your head or heart...you prolly should get out of the situation....
Old 07-16-2003, 02:20 PM   #3
ohiochica

no i was just wondering what you could not deal with in a relationship. i know for mysefl it would be cheating and drugs. my friend says long distance. i was just curious.

and i think teh above post was just me stressing way to darn much about issues neither of us can control so i am just gonan ignore it and take things as they come. things do seem right thats why i have continued.

Old 07-16-2003, 02:37 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

more detail please

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 05:46 PM   #5
DsBlu01CivEX

I don't care how long I'm in the relationship....as soon as I would find out that my man cheated on me, all hell would break loose. That's one thing I just CAN NOT tolerate and will not. If it came to things like addictions, if I were with the guy in a really serious relationship and it started while we were in the relationship, then I don't think I would bolt right away. I'd feel better if I did what I could to help him not make him spiral down more so. Now if he had the addictions prior to the relationship, I don't know that I would allow myself to get in that situation, but if I did, I'd probably still try and help him get past them. But I definitely would not deal with cheating.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 06:07 PM   #6
Sol's Eye

I'm a perfectionist. Sometimes it sucks, sometimes it saves my ass from a lot of trouble. That said, there isn't a lot of crap I would tolerate in a relationship. As soon as anything started going sour, I would bail. Cheating, drugs, compulsive lying, etc. etc. If I was with a girl for 100 years and she started cheating on me, she gets the boot. Time shouldn't matter.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:33 PM   #7
ShagginJet

Communication should allow you to pretty much get through anything. If I don't have communication in a relationship then it's not really going anywhere anyways. Time isn't an issue. Cause I spent 3 years with someone doesn't mean i should spend another.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 11:26 PM   #8
Shot 2 Hel

depends on the circumstances
Old 07-21-2003, 12:12 AM   #9
mylittlecivic

yeah communication, without it you just drift futher and further away, or not seeing someone you've got to see them every now and then or you'll just be a lonely stupid girl like me:o

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 08:22 AM   #10
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Cheating is really hard on a relationship. It usually kills any trust that may have been there prior to the act. Which eventually kills other things like communication, etc. Its pretty much a snow ball effect.

Same with things like drugs or some other addictions. They usually end up killing communication, trust, etc.

A relationship is hard! It takes a lot of commitment and dedication to make it work. If one of the parties isnt in it 100% the chances are the whole thing will go down the tube. If you feel that you cant deal with some of the things going on, and you cant come up with a compromise. Then your best bet is probably just to get out before you get in any deeper. When your dating its simple to get out. Nothing really gets affected much. But once you get married, or even worse, have kids then it will begin to take its toll on everyone involved.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:13 AM   #11
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

^^ My sentiments exactly.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:59 AM   #12
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

I agree with the above comments on cheating. That's a no,no in my book. And if you decide not to break it off with them after somthing like that, who's to say they won't do it again since they got away with it the first time.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:24 PM   #13
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

cheating...every damn gf ive ever had cheated on me...b*tches...and did I? Hell no...not once... I always tried to make things work out...communication and all that stuff

But...I never left em for it...probably should have though...certainly the last one...actually....they all left me! How does that work?

whoops...that wasnt meant to come out...

Anyway...
If thats what this is all about...clearly dont do what I did... If its somethin else...I got nothin because I dont know what it is.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 10:41 PM   #14
ohiochica

how bout this one! i just found out my ex (were together for 5 years) cheated on me! i feel soooooooo stupid! i had no clue! grrrrrrrrrr........now that is not teh lovely news.........teh lovely knews is, he freaking cheated on me (when i was living with him) with an exotic dancer! needless to say i now have to get tested. i was stupid and didnt make him glove! that ashole had my life in his hands when he decided to cheat!!!!!

sorry i am still very livid yet......... god help him if i have caught anything!

Old 08-06-2003, 11:20 PM   #15
Shot 2 Hel

cheat once shame on you cheat twice shame on me, at least thats what ive heard. Never been cheated on to my knowledge