::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2002, 04:01 PM   #1
98HondaEX

exhaust systems

okay i'm full exhaust systems and not one of those mufflers i'm talking about the whole thing. i was wondering if you guys could help me out and tell me what kind i should get, where to get it, and how much i would probably pay for it. thanks
Old 11-28-2002, 04:29 PM   #2
SilVtec

If your looking for a catback system, and a good one too, then your looking at putting out about $350-$500..maybe a little more on certain brands. Some good ones are the Apexi N-1, DC Sports, Tanabe, Greddy, Skunk 2...and there are others. The best on the market right now for the power and the sound is the Apexi N-1 in my opinion. Hope that helps. Check out Ebay, thepartstrader.com, and magazines like Sport Compact Car, and Superstreet.
Old 11-28-2002, 05:03 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

GroupBuyCenter.com has really good prices too. You'll find pretty much any brand you want. Most of the ones on there include free shipping too.

If youre looking for a cheap route, get a custom fabricated one from Midas or Mineke. I hear you can get it done for around $200. Im not sure if that includes a resonator or not though so it would be louder than one that did have one like Apexi/Skunk/Greddy/Tanabe/DC Sports/HP Racing/Tsudo (really cheap at Nopi.com I dont know the quality though).
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 06:51 AM   #4
RiceGirl

I would also like to suggest the Thermal Exhaust System. They are fully stainless steel in construction whereas a lot of other cat backs are only stainless steel mufflers with ceramic coated piping. The tip is 3.5 inches and it provides a nice, deep tone that isn't too loud. Provides a little extra punch in the high RPM's.

If you dont want loud but a very nice deep tone get the Thermal Stealth

Here's a pic

Old 12-03-2002, 10:03 AM   #5
Fatal070

go for Apexi N1 full cat back system thats what i got on my 99Ex and its a great exhaust no farts or anything good sound and good power gain u can get one for about 525$.
*don't go thermal*
Old 12-03-2002, 10:57 AM   #6
4jacks

Dont' pay $500 for nothing, you get the same power gains and the same sound from having midas put on 2.5" piping and a free flow muffler, you can pick any style muffle you want, and I did mine for $230 total

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 11:46 AM   #7
oc civic

apex'i N-1
Old 12-04-2002, 11:01 AM   #8
RiceGirl

Quote:
Originally posted by Fatal070
*don't go thermal*

Why not? Please explain.

I have the thermal stealth and I have gotten nothing but compliments on in. Even from domestic peeps. There's no fart sounds.. just a nice deep tone at WOT and when your rolling.. You can barely hear it.. Hense thats why it's called the stealth
Old 12-04-2002, 11:06 AM   #9
RiceGirl

oh.. The price for the Thermal Stealth is about $550.
Old 12-04-2002, 12:19 PM   #10
ShEaNy

exactly^^ well for mine it costs lots..in canadian dollars thought around..600$...that was 2 1/4 inch piping...cat cut..resonator in..and a dragonfire muffler...i love it...i noticed some gains..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote