::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2002, 08:24 AM   #1
Ticket2ride21

Advice for the opposite sex....

Ok this one is for guys and girls. I'm sure at some time we just wish we could open our mouths and say something but we know it would just be plain rude to the person we are dating, married to, ect....

Soooooo, I just figured I would start a thread on advice for the opposites. If you have a "pet peeve" or a "priority" for a way of the oposite sex to act, say, think, or even sing...hell i dont care...then go right ahead and say it. Figure this could get interesting.

~David
Old 10-21-2002, 10:08 AM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

girls: if you wana say something say it, we dont speak secret decoder language, and if you like me, dont compelety ignore me, that dosnt help me at all.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 12:12 PM   #3
Niacin

If the fine, upstanding gentleman in your life who treats you like an absolute princess leaves the shower curtain door open, kindly: respect the fact that you kept his poor ass up until 3AM debating colour schemes on Trading Spaces and just close the curtain, instead of haranguing me, uh, him for thirty minutes of his "failure to put effort into this relationship" at 7AM.

Max
Old 10-21-2002, 12:40 PM   #4
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Niacin
If the fine, upstanding gentleman in your life who treats you like an absolute princess leaves the shower curtain door open, kindly: respect the fact that you kept his poor ass up until 3AM debating colour schemes on Trading Spaces and just close the curtain, instead of haranguing me, uh, him for thirty minutes of his "failure to put effort into this relationship" at 7AM.

Max

AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 02:29 PM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:

Max

your not supposta leave it open? next you'll be telling me im supposta put the seat down

Old 10-21-2002, 02:34 PM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

women: Speak! I can't read minds nor will I learn. Tell me what you want. This will eliminate me looking like an ass for not knowing what you wanted.

Quote:

Max

Hahahaha
Old 10-21-2002, 02:39 PM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Women: Dont get all pissy cause we didnt have your present waiting for you in the morning (Sweetest Day, Valentines Day, Birthdays, Whatever..) We either forgot to pick it up on the way home or we plan to wait till the last minute as usual.
Old 10-21-2002, 03:03 PM   #8
mt.biker

If you want me to do something you can either tell me how to do it or ask me to do it. But you can never ask me to do something then tell me how to do. GET IT? GOT IT? GOOD!
Old 10-21-2002, 03:20 PM   #9
DsBlu01CivEX

Guys: don't get bitchy at us for bitching at you for stupid things. Most likely we had a bad day and guess what you guys are the perfect ones to take it out on cuz we know you'll love and respect us no matter what. Just let us get our little petty bitching out of us (let it go in one ear and out the other like it normally does) and get past it. Oh and learn to read minds, we will rarely be honest with you when you ask us what is bothering us. We'll hint at what we're upset about, but most likely we'll never really come out and say it. Women are just that way for the most part.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 03:27 PM   #10
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
Guys: don't get bitchy at us for bitching at you for stupid things. Most likely we had a bad day and guess what you guys are the perfect ones to take it out on cuz we know you'll love and respect us no matter what. Just let us get our little petty bitching out of us (let it go in one ear and out the other like it normally does) and get past it. Oh and learn to read minds, we will rarely be honest with you when you ask us what is bothering us. We'll hint at what we're upset about, but most likely we'll never really come out and say it. Women are just that way for the most part.

what happens if the bitching doesn't stop?
Old 10-21-2002, 03:29 PM   #11
Kyle
elyK

If you have a bad day, tell us, and we'll do all we can to make it better for you.
There is no need for excess bitching.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 03:34 PM   #12
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobbo
If you have a bad day, tell us, and we'll do all we can to make it better for you.
There is no need for excess bitching.

YES communication works ALOT better than yelling at us for something that dosnt matter. i know when someone tells me ahead of time they had a bad day, i try extra to make them feel better, but if they had bad day and come in bitching, it only sets me off

Old 10-21-2002, 03:36 PM   #13
Kyle
elyK

BOOYA!

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 10-21-2002, 03:40 PM   #14
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
...let it go in one ear and out the other like it normally does...

Yeah unfortuantely I do that alot of the time. Hence the bitching starts up again. Its a vicious cycle really.....
Old 10-21-2002, 03:42 PM   #15
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
YES communication works ALOT better than yelling at us for something that dosnt matter. i know when someone tells me ahead of time they had a bad day, i try extra to make them feel better, but if they had bad day and come in bitching, it only sets me off

RESPECT, true dat true dat!
Old 10-21-2002, 03:46 PM   #16
mt.biker

oh heres another

just because you can doesn't mean you should. Use this to reply to any of their tough questions.
Old 10-21-2002, 03:49 PM   #17
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
oh heres another

just because you can doesn't mean you should. Use this to reply to any of their tough questions.

ok Rob I need a situation here....

Oh and even coming home in a bitchy mood, warning our men of our mood, and then you guys trying to be sweet for once makes it (our mood) a hell of a lot worse. Why is it that guys only try to make us happy/feel good/whatever when we're in a bitchy mood? So you don't get bitched at????

Old 10-21-2002, 03:51 PM   #18
Kyle
elyK

Quote:

Oh and even coming home in a bitchy mood, warning our men of our mood, and then you guys trying to be sweet for once makes it (our mood) a hell of a lot worse. Why is it that guys only try to make us happy/feel good/whatever when we're in a bitchy mood? So you don't get bitched at????

IF thats how it is with you and your "Men" Then you need to get rid of them.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 10-21-2002, 03:55 PM   #19
mt.biker

Quote:
ok Rob I need a situation here....

Well d if your man isn't making you feel good all the time, hes not the right guy.

Alright a situation, you come home all bitchy. Just because we will take an hear full because we love you doesnt me you should force us to listen, thats what you have girlfriends for.

get the idea or do i need to make up another example?
Old 10-21-2002, 03:56 PM   #20
DsBlu01CivEX

pretty much all of the men I know are like that. I do have one group of guy friends that are total sweethearts all of the time. (and of course they are all taken )

Old 10-21-2002, 03:57 PM   #21
Kyle
elyK

YEah...just because you "Know" that we'll always love you...that doesn't mean you should abuse that and ***** at us...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 10-21-2002, 03:58 PM   #22
DsBlu01CivEX

but the men in our lives should care what we have to say....our bitching in general bout work or what have you, you guys should care about. You might be able to help us more than our girl friends. Our girl friends are who we go to ***** about you guys or how our gyno appt went.

Old 10-21-2002, 03:59 PM   #23
mt.biker

Quote:
YEah...just because you "Know" that we'll always love you...that doesn't mean you should abuse that and ***** at us...

AMEN to that my brother from another motha.

Girls love to walk over the guy in their life that treats them so well.
Old 10-21-2002, 04:00 PM   #24
Kyle
elyK

We DO care about what you have to say...but NOBODY likes to be bitched at...
do you?

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 10-21-2002, 04:03 PM   #25
mt.biker

Quote:
We DO care about what you have to say...but NOBODY likes to be bitched at...
do you?

brotha i'm relating to everything your saying here!!
Old 10-21-2002, 04:04 PM   #26
DsBlu01CivEX

I could careless about gettin bitched at....I take it with a grain of salt.
The other thing is, the men ***** back. sure we might be bitchin about stupid petty stuff...but just let us do it and get it out of our systems. Don't say anything just "listen". you might not like gettin bitched at, but you know we're gonna do it anyway. Don't try to change that.

Old 10-21-2002, 04:07 PM   #27
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
The other thing is, the men ***** back. sure we might be bitchin about stupid petty stuff...but just let us do it and get it out of our systems. Don't say anything just "listen". you might not like gettin bitched at, but you know we're gonna do it anyway. Don't try to change that.

i hate getting bitched at if its something thats not my fault, i dont take it as a grain of salt. theres a point where the foot goes down. and if your gonna yell at me for nothing, im gonna yell at you for something

Old 10-21-2002, 04:07 PM   #28
Kyle
elyK

Women need to stop being so Stubborn.
If we're right...and you know it...just let it go...you don't always have to be right...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 10-21-2002, 04:09 PM   #29
Kyle
elyK

Quote:

If you got bitched at for something that you know you did and deserved...Maybe you could careless about that...but if you're man/woman comes home and just startes bitching...would you appreciate it?

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 10-21-2002, 04:10 PM   #30
DsBlu01CivEX

oh i'll admit when i'm wrong and I will be more than glad to admit when someone else is right. I have enough pride and confidence in myself to be able to do that. And I'm speaking of women in general. I don't know that I've ever nagged anyone seriously about something stupid...nor do I think that I ever would.

Old 10-21-2002, 04:11 PM   #31
mt.biker

Quote:

I can count the number of times I've b*tched at a gf on one hand. This must be a regional problem. :shrugs:
Old 10-21-2002, 04:11 PM   #32
Kyle
elyK

Quote:
oh i'll admit when i'm wrong and I will be more than glad to admit when someone else is right. I have enough pride and confidence in myself to be able to do that. And I'm speaking of women in general. I don't know that I've ever nagged anyone seriously about something stupid...nor do I think that I ever would.

We're all speaking of women in general.
And I to you for not nagging people for useless stuff...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 10-21-2002, 04:19 PM   #33
DsBlu01CivEX

I just didn't want some people to come in here and think that I was referring to how I act in relationships.....

Old 10-21-2002, 04:40 PM   #34
mt.biker

Quote:
I just didn't want some people to come in here and think that I was referring to how I act in relationships.....

no worries we know that you were... oh boi i'm gonna hear about this one!
Old 10-21-2002, 04:42 PM   #35
DsBlu01CivEX

Old 10-22-2002, 12:03 AM   #36
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Damn...as usual I came in on this one late. The only gripe that I have is arguing over petty bullshit...no need for it. If you are in a relationship (and by relationship, I mean you have ALL three of the following - love, trust, and respect) and have an understanding of each other's needs/moods than you shouldn't be arguing over little shit just to argue. Talk it out and if you're too pissed to talk, take a walk or a drive or something and then talk about it later after you've had a chance to cool off.
Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
girls: if you wana say something say it, we dont speak secret decoder language, and if you like me, dont compelety ignore me, that dosnt help me at all.

Amen to that! It's hard enough on us guys trying to figure out what the hell you girls are thinking and then you add ignoring us in there.

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 07:33 AM   #37
Ticket2ride21

Well...Usually this only happens once in the relationship. She comes home pissed and starts nagging me about simple things...just little things she would usually let slide. The as it get's worse and worse (it's as if she is trying to pick a fight) I finally take something personally. When I speak up she starts screaming at me and i mean screaming like her head is spinning around screaming. Guys...just get up...and without being mad, cruel, or showing any emmotions at all....just say "goodbye (her name)" and walk out the door. Dont listen, dont answer your cell phone, just get in your car and drive away. I usually go to a friends house and chill with them for about 2 hours. Then...come back...and if she is still bitchin at you....go ahead and let her go man. Your just gonna fight all the time if you dont.

~David