.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Fast and Furious Females
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2002, 06:19 PM   #1
Platinum_Civic

I don't understand police at all!!

I'm not sure if most of you have heard, but in Montgomery County Maryland someone has been shooting at people, killing them for no reason. So far there has been 6 people shot dead, and the most scary thing about all this is it's mostly happening during day time and no one has really seen a thing. (If you haven't heard about this yet, turn on to CNN or FOX news.. They've been in the area covering the story and have been reporting on it every hour on the hour. )
Anyhow, get this.. I live in Montgomery County and travel 355 to go to school and to get to the shops for my car. (355 is this HUGE road in my area that's about 10 plus miles of nothing but shopping centers) I was on 355 today around 3:00 leaving a shop and I got word that there has been another shooting on 355, five minutes from where I was. After I found out about the shooting no joke there were over 20 police cars racing down the street going to the shooting. They were going around cars almost 60 to 70 mph to rush to the shooting. I'm freaking out because I everywhere I looked cop cars racing by me, waiting for one of those F#%ers to hit my car. After the 5th cop car passes by me and almost misses my car by a foot, I pull off the road and park waiting for the dangerous police to clear the road. I parked in a shopping center looking out to the roads. I was about 20 feet from a major intersection looking out. The light turned red and I watched as everyone came to a stop. I noticed a group of people that had just got let of by a bus waiting to cross the road. They make there way to cross and were about half way to the other side when another cop car FLYS out into the intersection WITHOUT his sirens on and slams on the breaks to avoid hitting the people. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!! These ****ing bastards are pulling people over left and right for not wearing a seat belt and for speeding, and here they are running around the damn county like NASCAR drivers. The cop was going so fast that he left tire marks on the ground. Hell, I was more scared of the cops driving then I was of this guy shooting at people.
My point for telling this story is I just got a speeding ticket for going 5 miles over the speed limit not that long ago. The speed limit is on 355 is 45 mph and every single cop int he area was going at least 60 to 70 mph. I know there is something MAJOR going on in our county right now, but come on!! They could have killed 100s of people with the driving they were doing. I think it's total BS that I got a ticket for going 50 in a 45, and cops are allowed to drive 90 mph whenever and where ever.
I'm sorry... I'm just venting..
Old 10-05-2002, 06:22 PM   #2
Kyle
elyK

I feel the same way you do...it's just total BS that cops can do whatever the **** they want...i hate it so much

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 06:35 PM   #3
Platinum_Civic

Cops = poo poo. You know how much my ticket was for going only 5 mph over the limit was?? $45 freakin bucks. It's insane. Don't ever move to Montgomery County.. We got insane gun happy killers, and crazy speeding police that dont give a damn about you.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:40 PM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

they are doing it for your safty, if his sirens are on you by law MUST get out of his way. you cant just go on with your business. think of how you would feel if someone you knew was shot and the cops didnt get there in time to save them/catch the killer because people thought the cops should have to follow the speed limits. then this guy not only gets away, but commits more killings. you have a serial killer on your hands there, they want to stop him NOW. they arnt conserned with traffic laws, they wana get a killer behind bars/6ft under. sorry if i sound rude or like an ass, but thats just the way it is

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 08:26 PM   #5
mylittlecivic

man thats some messed up sh**t they should have at least gave a warning to clear out i guess the sirens should hae been enough, you should be more mad at the stupid killer if he hadnt have shot anyone things would have ben alot better d*mn physco i hope they catch him soon.

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 02:00 PM   #6
Platinum_Civic

4thGenlude:

Ummmm, okay... did you even read what I had posted? I guess I'll recap for ya'... The police were going so fast down 355 that I - a speed freak, a huge fan of racing had to pull off the road and park somewhere of fear of a COP car hitting my car. That's how damn fast they were going..
After the first wave of cops came through and cleared everyone out of the way, all the cars got back to normal and went on there way. LIKE I SAID... when I got off the road I parked my car and I was facing an intersection. The intersection light turned red and all the cars were at a stop. Out of no where - WITH HIS SIRENS OFF, and his lights on DURING THE DAY the two police cars flew out into the intersection and had to slam on their breaks because people crossing the road. The people crossing the street HAD NO CLUE they were coming because their SIRENS were off. How in the world is that smart on the polices behalf at all? What, did you think I said the people heard the police coming and said to themselves I think I'm going to cross the street anyhow and risk getting hit by two cops cars?? Righttt...
This I know first hand.. when the police cross an intersection, they slow down before crossing and pass through. These idiots didn't do that for starters and also did not have there sirens on. 5 or 6 people almost got ran over. But, I guarantee you if they had their sirens on, no one would have ALMOST got ran over.
I live in this area and no one wants these shootings to stop more then myself. I'm living in total fear until they get this sick freak. BUT, the police should have responded in a better manner. If you think driving at high rates of speed through an intersection without sirens on is acceptable, then something is wrong. If one of the million news reporters that is in our area got that on tape (the police almost running over the people crossing the intersection) I'm telling you, Montgomery County Police would be so screwed.
Old 10-06-2002, 06:54 PM   #7
DsBlu01CivEX

the sirens definitely should have been on....especailly if they were going that fast and going through a red light. I think that if they are planning on driving that fast they should always have their lights and sirens on. I can completely understand where you're coming from on this...I can't stand how cops can be above the law and everyone else has to follow. We sorta are like kids...we need role models and they aren't being them.

BUT I can completely relate to where 4thgen is coming from. Either way this is a no win situation. They were trying to go after a serial killer...but in the same breath they were endangering others lives by their wreckless driving (ie-not having their sirens on)

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 10:23 AM   #8
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

I too understand where you are coming from Platinum_Civic. I hate how cops don't obey the laws they enforce! It sucks, I know! On the other hand, I also understand that in situations such as shootings they need to get to the crime scene A.S.A.P, and if that means going ludicrous speeds, then we should just hope they don't hurt anyone in the process. Although that wasn't too bright of the cops to have their sirens off...dumba**es! What were they thinking??

About you getting pulled over for going 5 mph over the speed limit, that's just insane!! I've gotten pulled over quite a few times, enough times for me to have to take that points test. And in reading that book they gave me on the points system and safe driving, you technically shouldn't off gotten pulled over for going 5 mph over the speed limit. According to the book you have to be going at least 12 mph and more over the speed limit for them to pull you over. That's why I live my life by the Rule Of Ten (my stuff box). Since I can't stand going the speed limit (it's too slow in some areas), I allow myself to go at least 10 mph over the speed limit. It would be a real waste of a cops time to pull me over for going 10 mph over the speed limit! And if that ever does happen, let's hope they're ready for an argument!
Old 10-07-2002, 11:30 AM   #9
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
That's why I live my life by the Rule Of Ten (my stuff box). Since I can't stand going the speed limit (it's too slow in some areas), I allow myself to go at least 10 mph over the speed limit.

yeah, I don't think that's what the rule of 10 means, j/k

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 04:47 PM   #10
Platinum_Civic

Off subject, but then again it isn't.. There was another shooting today in Bowie, Maryland where a 13 year old boy being dropped off by his mother at school got shot right after he got out of his mothers van. I cannot believe that there is someone that is that sick that he OR she is going to post out and stalk a school and kill a little child right in front of his own mother. I cannot believe this. What's next?? This person has shot 6 people leaving some dead, and now a child. I guess the people need to clear the roads leaving them ghost so the cops can get this sick f***.
It's been a total war zone in Montgomery County. My college is right off the main road where some of the shootings have taken place and there is nothing but cop cars going up and down the roads and road blocks at times. Everyone is giving everyone an eye and after today's shooting at a middle school. Parents are freaking out about sending their children to school tomorrow, or even until this insane person is busted.
Though I'm sure many of you don't really want to read all this on a car site, I'll stop. I just had to write a little something' about it. I'm getting a little tired of getting up in and mornings listening to the news about how someone else was shot and killed wondering if this is going to happen to someone I know.. or maybe even me.
Old 10-07-2002, 07:25 PM   #11
theonlypunk

Interesting how this is about the cops eh?

At a time like this the point of not turning on their lights might have been not to let the guy know where they were coming from. I think its very ignorant of you to assume you know more then they do!

I find it more interesting that your complaining about a $45 ticket when you have money to spend it on your mods. If you can't pay the ticket try driving the limit or fight it in court. Its assuming to hear that $45 is alot of money for speeding, try $300-500 now thats worht complaining about. As for $45 just pay the dam thing and get on with your life, if you fight it you must have too much time on your hands.

Back to the cops. They're just doing their job! If you had asked me 1-2 years back i would have told you i didnt like the cops but in recent times i have found for the most part they have our safety in mind first.

It bugs me too that they often jump lights, no signalling and often speed. the way i look at it is, for the most part people dont like the cops and they makes their lives very challenging. If to make up for the underpaid harsh life they live they need to jump lights etc etc.. then so be it. At least your safe and alive, not everyone is so fortunit (sp right?)

sorry for the sloppy writting
Old 10-07-2002, 09:13 PM   #12
Kyle
elyK

i don't think she said she knows more than they do...or even assumed it...
This rant is about how cops take advantage of their badges...which they shouldn't do. And there is pretty much no point in turning off lights to not scare the killer because...if you killed a guy...or 7-8...wouldn't you run just as fast as you did when they had their lights on?...
Don't try to be something your not...she was scared for her life, due to cops being reckless...i think she deserves to rant.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 10-07-2002, 11:39 PM   #13
Platinum_Civic

I was scared they were going to hit my car... and that's a HUGE no no. Like I said "theonlypunk", I pulled off the road and parked. I witnessed the police cars dodge cars and fly out into the intersection and nearly miss several people crossing the road. I don't think your thinking clearly my friend. If you think that it's okay for police to fly across intersections without their sirens on - on a busy road and yet on a Saturday - something is wrong with you. I don't think the cars knew these police cars were coming let alone people getting off a bus that clearly were unaware they were passing. Righttt... shame on me for me for bring worried almost having witnessing a police run over 5+ people. All they had to do is ONE simple thing.. turn on the sirens so people know to get out of the way. I'm sorry, but I don't see your view at all.
Oh, and about my ticket ... hell yes I'm going to ***** about it. 5 miles over the speed limit is BS. That $45 dollars could be well spent on my car, rather then in some someone else's pocket. Damn right I'm going to fight it. It's my first ticket, and I'll be damned if I'm going to get any points for something as insane as it. Kiss ma
Old 10-08-2002, 08:36 AM   #14
DsBlu01CivEX

I've said my piece on cops...so this is gonna be in response to your post about the middle school shooting. I'm not that far away from where you live. Couple hours just north of ya. And it's ALL over the news up here. Scares the hell out of us...in the beginning of last yr we had a guy in the next town over go into an elementary school with a machete (?) and slashed a whole bunch of kids and teachers. The principal was seriously injured, but survived. I don't know what is up with these sick f**ks, that get off on going around killing people. Especially as randomly as the shootings in MD seem to be. Just be safe platinum.

Old 10-08-2002, 03:13 PM   #15
Platinum_Civic

Thanks and I'm trying to be. The question is though how do you know what safe means when you don't where this guy is and what area he's after. My community college has been somewhat a ghost town since the shooting. A few students in my day classes has been MIA since the shootings began. I think missing school is a little extreme, but then again is it really? After the 13 year old boy got shot, I'll admit I thought about not attending school that day. lol, sorry to make a joke about this.. but I sucked in high school. If I die on my way to class, at least my parents would forgive my poor grades in high school and be happy I was at least going to school
Old 10-08-2002, 03:23 PM   #16
DsBlu01CivEX

just be aware of your surroundings and stay away from anyone/thing that makes you uneasy. It still amazes me how unobservant some people are. These shootings are proving it too. I mean not to make light of the situation...but you mean to tell me that some psycho is going around shooting random people in broad day light and very public places and NOBODY saw a thing??? It's just sort of shocking to me how people walk around completely oblvious to their surroundings. Maybe people will start to be more observant and cautious now...it's really sad how people have to learn some lessons.

Old 10-08-2002, 04:20 PM   #17
Platinum_Civic

I 100% agree with you! You know what's more shocking?? The fact that a lady whose house is right by the school said that the night before the shooting of the 13 year old boy, she heard someone walking around in her back yard about 3:00 in the morning. She also told police that she heard a car pull up and away a few time through out the night ... but she didn't call police because she thought it was a deer. Tell me something now.. what deer do you know knows how to start a car and drive away? I can totally understand if she thought it was a deer at first, but something should have clicked in this lady's head if she heard a car coming and going like she claims.
Old 10-08-2002, 04:53 PM   #18
Kyle
elyK

maybe she just wanted it to be a deer...and convinced herself that it was...if somethin like that happened to me...espacially with all the shit going on, i'd be scared as ****.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 10-08-2002, 09:49 PM   #19
Platinum_Civic

lol, yeah. Well, I don't blame her for thinking it was a deer at all. Grrr..... I'm just pissed. S***, but we have woods in the back of my house.. deer is always around. Everytime I hear the deer from here on out until they get this f***ing guy I'm going to freak out.
Old 10-08-2002, 10:12 PM   #20
spoogenet

It is common practice for police to NOT use sirens, and sometimes not even lights (such as at night) when dealing with sensitive situations where they do not want the perp to be alerted to a police presence. This is a necessary part of policing action.

Going at a high rate through an intersection is never a good idea reguardless of the situation, though. One is just begging for trouble if doing it.

The pedestrians maybe could have looked both ways to see that cops were approaching at a high rate with lights on. I'm not at all familiar with the intersection or the situation's specifics, so it's a maybe. Maybe the pedestrians could have been the most careful people in the world and still not known what was coming. I don't know, as should already be obvious by now.

I would hesitate to say these cops were abusing their powers. Sometimes it is necessary for the police to focus more attention on apprehending a perp than on the immediate public safety. Of course nobody wants innocent people hurt, but they could risk an even higher loss by not catching someone. This is a common consideration in the debate involving police chases....to pursue or not to pursue depends largely on the risk of not catching the perp.

Anyways, I'm not saying that this situation is necessarily one where the police should risk public safety through their driving techniques, but perhaps it is one of those situations? Also consider that police are, in general, given pretty good training on handling their automobiles.

I don't like cops anymore than the next person....in fact I probably like them less than the average Joe, but they shouldn't be discredited altogether. Sometimes they do deserve more credit than they are given.

b
Old 10-08-2002, 10:17 PM   #21
Platinum_Civic

Ok.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:24 AM   #22
bootstrap

I'm a jerk.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:34 AM   #23
Ticket2ride21

Platinum_Civic... as for you I find you incredibly cute! but as for these freaks.... Look....I'll break this down to you barny style. I have a friend that works for ATL Police Department and I help with psychological profiles all the time. Someone who happens to do these things...these hatefull unjust acts of cruelty, malice and insanity....has problems. Chances are this "sniper" has a lack of feelings and emmotions for anything simply because something tragic has happened in his/her life. Sometimes their entire life has been nothing but a complete tragedy which leaves them with a big empty space inside them. This space....this gap is what happens to be the root of the problem most of the time because they fill it with what they see is power. They wont give it up...they wont stop. This insanity that they pull off they see as power. This is the power to decide who lives and who dies. It makes them feel like God. If you felt like God would you give it up? The mere fact that he has only killed so few of people is actually a bad thing. This makes him harder to find...harder to track....and harder to bring to justice.
I completely see where you are comming from with the whole "they should have had their lights on" thing though. I really do. But if i was a police officer...i'd do my best to be the first one there...even if it meant driving like a bat outta he]]! People like this need to be caught....or they'll just keep going. All I can tell you is please be careful in all that you do. Always follow your instincts....and listen to your concience. They are the two greatest tools you'll ever have.

~David
Old 10-09-2002, 01:15 PM   #24
Platinum_Civic

Well said Ticket2ride2! I see everyone's views about the police almost running over those people, but I still think that what I saw could have been prevented with a warning they were coming. Listen, I'm not saying by any means that the police shouldn't have been rushing to the scene. All I'm saying is they should have taken the proper cautions getting to the area safely without taking the risks they did. It's one thing to read about what happen, but it's another thing to witness it. The police came within inches of the people crossing the road leaving tire marks on the road that are still there to this day. Believe me, the two police had NO reason to have there sirens off. The wave of cop that was a few miles ahead of them had them on and I could still hear them in the distance. Bottom line I thought it was dangerous what they had did. I understand where everyone is coming from, but like I said and I am firm when I say it's totally ridiculous that those two cops flew out into the intersection (putting their lives and other people lives in danger without slowing down to a little to make sure it was safe for THEM to cross) and also for not having a siren alerting people to get out of there way.
How are people going to react to something they don't even know is there? That's why the whole situation happen. I don't think cars would be been where they were and people would have crossed the street if they knew a police car was about to fly through an intersection. Come on now..
But yes I do see everyone's point.
Old 10-09-2002, 02:37 PM   #25
spoogenet

If any of the cop cars had sirens blaring, then I see no reason why they all didn't have them on.

b
Old 10-09-2002, 05:54 PM   #26
Platinum_Civic

omg.. I'm watching a live report on fox5 about the shootings just now and this older guy and what looked like his son(?) are running around behind the reporter and making dumb faces.. and the next thing I know I see a butt sticking out from far away. If the reporter was reporting on something that not a lot of people cared about it would have been funny as all hell. But this reporter was talking about the 13 year old parents and peers and the report was on Fox5 and Cnn at the same time. This guy just showed his ass to maybe a million viewers. What the hell is this world coming to?
Did anyone else see it?? My god that guy had a hairy ass!! Dude, I was about to vomit.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:38 AM   #27
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by Platinum_Civic
My god that guy had a hairy ass!!
wtf?

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 01:29 PM   #28
Ticket2ride21

Yea PC (Platinum Civic) I see where your comming from...that sooo sounds like something my friends would do. hehehe. I do understand the serousness of the situation and I feel for the victims and familys of the victims.

By the way...thanks for leaving me to myself last night on Aol. I was just being nice and making conversation.

~The difference between the men and the boys is the price of their toys!
Old 10-10-2002, 03:27 PM   #29
Platinum_Civic

omg, I'm sorry about that. I'm always getting kicked offline and when I try to get back online the lines are always busy. I hate AOL.. I'm sorry!! Don't hate me...