::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2002, 08:47 PM   #1
blind34_1

my stuff got jacked...again!!

I don't believe this crap...my car broken into again, right after I put my head unit back in my car. At least this time he didn't break my window. My car alarm didn't even deter him, he jacked it while it was going off! If I had just gotten out there sooner...I was still asleep my mom and dad heard it, but thought it was a false alarm. They didn't know I only had my door sensors hooked up.
***sigh*** at least he didn't get my new amp.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 08:59 PM   #2
mt.biker

dude that sucks

maybe you should start parking your car else where?
Old 08-19-2002, 09:16 PM   #3
Wren57

Or getting a detachable faceplate and hiding all the shit in ur trunk like ur amps...
Old 08-19-2002, 09:24 PM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Damn man that really sucks. You definitely need to look into better security options before putting your stuff back in.

Surveilance, car cover, better alarm, park in a better spot, etc.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 09:44 PM   #5
blind34_1

my parking spot is right in front of my house. this time it just happend to be in the driveway! I stupidly put my faceplate in the glovebox.

The first time the dude had no prob taking my amp and subs, so hiding it back there won't do anything. I don't know, I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 08-20-2002, 07:36 AM   #6
Weapon

wtf? over there in the states they steal ur shi*t while its parked in ur driveway? o_O ..|.. theives
Old 08-20-2002, 07:45 AM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Man, some of the shady people in the states would steal the damn clothes off your back if they didnt think youd notice.
Old 08-20-2002, 07:52 AM   #8
msvtec14

SERIOUSLY. That's messed up. I park my car in my back yard behind my house so no one will mess with my shit but I'm really stupid at the same time because I don't have an alarm. People are REALLY messed up. But dude, at least no one damaged your car too much. That's what some of the kids around here do. A friend of one of my friends has an SI and he just put Z3 fenders on it. He has a carbon fiber hood too. Not only did someone break into his car and smash out a window, they smashed the fenders and the hood. This kid didn't do anything to anyone. I don't know, if I were you I would try to catch whoever it is that's doing this. Kick his ass.
Old 08-20-2002, 09:53 AM   #9
incubus86

thats a kick in the nuts...sorry man
Old 08-20-2002, 09:57 AM   #10
spoogenet

It's probably someone you know, or someone who knows you. Where did you get the install done or where did you do the installation?

My bro knew a guy who worked at a stereo/alarm shop, this guy actually would rob people he installed stuff for....he knew what was in their car, exactly how to take it out, and where they lived. Fortunately, though, the cops busted him and he spent a few years behind bars.

A friend of mine once had her old POS truck broken into, the radio didn't even work....but anyways, some jackass tried to steal the radio and couldn't get it out of the dash, so he took a screwdriver and mauled the living crap out of the entire dash, holes everywhere.

People like that make me want to believe in capital punishment.....

b
Old 08-20-2002, 12:00 PM   #11
ShEaNy

people are just jealous of what you have....if they dont have it..they think y buy it when that guy has it and i can steal it!
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:52 PM   #12
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
I stupidly put my faceplate in the glovebox.

How would he know if the faceplat was in the glovebox or with you?
Old 08-20-2002, 10:46 PM   #13
Weapon

man by the sounds of it, the US is WHACK. Although down here in NZ we still have theives its not severe as getting ur car jacked in ur own driveway
Old 08-20-2002, 10:55 PM   #14
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Weapon
man by the sounds of it, the US is WHACK. Although down here in NZ we still have theives its not severe as getting ur car jacked in ur own driveway

The US is HUGE and it just depends where you are. There are many places where you wouldn't have to lock your car, even though I would. When I'm @ school in a city of ~50,000 I am a little worried, but I've never had a problem with my car being messed with.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 11:56 AM   #15
blind34_1

Yeah, I think this dude lives very close to me. It wasn't even a two days after I put my stereo back in (in my driveway) that he was after it. If I catch him its certainly won't be very pleasant for him. I don't think its anyone I know, I think they heard my system and decided they wanted it.

I'm thinking of taking out my back seats and installing a big steel box with a popup lid that will house my stereo, amp, changer, etc. Open when I'm driving, closed and locked with an ace key when I'm gone...its possible...
Old 08-26-2002, 10:30 AM   #16
msvtec14

I just think it really sucks that you even have to go to those lengths to protect yourself because people are such @ssholes.