::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2002, 06:51 PM   #1
blind34_1

Does anyone here paintball?

I'm just curious if anyone here plays. If you do, how long and what kind of marker, etc.

I've been to the fields about 5 or 6 times, and I own a Tippmann Model 98 Custom. I've been getting better each time and it SO fun!
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 06:55 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Hell yeah! But mostly with friends, not so much at fields.

I'm running a 2k1 vert feed cocker on N20.
eclipse blade frame
shocktech d/f
lapco barrel
12v revvy
dye stickies
hmm... i think that's it

I also have a slightly decked out spyder se, but I think I'm going to sell it soon.

I'm going to try and play a lot more this summer, its been awhile for me.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 06:59 PM   #3
mylittlecivic

alota guys that i know are paintball freaks! theyre always talking about it looks hella fun but i haven't got to try it yet.........

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 07:02 PM   #4
blind34_1

Its friggin awesome, you need to go with them one day! The only problem is its an expensive hobby!
Old 06-06-2002, 07:24 PM   #5
juvenile

tried it once or twice
thought it was cool
Old 06-06-2002, 08:39 PM   #6
mt.biker

i love it, just it sucks when you play with people who are horrible though. I've played many times and I can count the number of times i've been hit on one hand!

I guess you can tell i've seen to many war movies because i got the millitary manuvers down!

*pop pop* you a death MOFO

just got back from a drive i'm wired! LMAO
Old 06-06-2002, 09:03 PM   #7
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
i love it, just it sucks when you play with people who are horrible though. I've played many times and I can count the number of times i've been hit on one hand!

I've played with a lot of people before and been shot about 6-8 times all at once by a few different people in one round. I'm not that great though... I'd be a lot better if I was a faster runner.

Do you just play woodsball then?

Old 06-06-2002, 09:33 PM   #8
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX

I've played with a lot of people before and been shot about 6-8 times all at once by a few different people in one round. I'm not that great though... I'd be a lot better if I was a faster runner.

Do you just play woodsball then?

its normally indoors because of the weather we have up here
Old 06-06-2002, 10:20 PM   #9
blind34_1

I prefer woodsball, because you fire less ammo than speedball. I play speedball towards the end of the day just to empty my hopper. I'm thinking of constructing a ghillie suit; I've discovered the advantages of sitting in a bush!
Old 06-06-2002, 10:28 PM   #10
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
I prefer woodsball, because you fire less ammo than speedball. I play speedball towards the end of the day just to empty my hopper. I'm thinking of constructing a ghillie suit; I've discovered the advantages of sitting in a bush!

oh thats the first thing you need bro... i'm using old army uniform, boots and barray (sp). how you walk and take corners also helps a great deal.

i like the indoor dark stuff best, woodsball is fun, but nothings like coming up behind your enemy walking all quiet and pulling the trigger 2 feet behind him! or heres a trick want to scare the shit of someone as your taking cover from them? turn the gun on its side (so it doesn't load the next round) and start pulling the trigger, 90% of people take cover when you do this and you dont get shot and you haven't wasted any rounds. Then if you can hear him taking cover spin around drop to a knee and take him out.

I;ve only down this move twice but i'm told it looks really hype!
Old 06-06-2002, 11:01 PM   #11
blind34_1

Thats a good idea. I personally like the strategy of when your all alone and have got opponents all around you, yelling "OKAY, YOU FOUR GUYS AND YOU TWO, WORK YOUR WAY AROUND THOSE GUYS OVER THERE...." well you get the idea.

We dont have any good indoor fields here, so its all outside.

and 2 FEET???!!!! jeez you dont have the 10 foot rule? Ouch! I bet you've got a lot of pissed off players up there!
Old 06-06-2002, 11:06 PM   #12
mt.biker

Quote:
Thats a good idea. I personally like the strategy of when your all alone and have got opponents all around you, yelling "OKAY, YOU FOUR GUYS AND YOU TWO, WORK YOUR WAY AROUND THOSE GUYS OVER THERE...." well you get the idea.

We dont have any good indoor fields here, so its all outside.

and 2 FEET???!!!! jeez you dont have the 10 foot rule? Ouch! I bet you've got a lot of pissed off players up there!

not to many t10 feet ya ya thats so far away. when you can get close and they never hear you thats the fun part.
Old 06-07-2002, 12:44 AM   #13
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
jeez you dont have the 10 foot rule? Ouch! I bet you've got a lot of pissed off players up there!

Wow, I've heard of a 5 foot rule, but 10 is crazy. Besides, how would you bunker someone? I don't think the local field has any rule against that.

Old 06-07-2002, 02:02 AM   #14
mylittlecivic

hey blind is that edward norton in your avatar?

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 11:26 AM   #15
blind34_1

Your very observant mylittlecivic! That's him, from Fight Club, the quote being"Is that your blood?""Some of it, yeah." Good job, you get 5 points. (also my location is Paper St. )

Anyway, I think my field is a little different. They have a general ten foot rule, but thats just if your sneaking up on somebody and are close enough to not miss. Then you just say BANG YOUR DEAD!! If the person turns around to fire at you still, then you have every right to pelt him silly.

When it comes to actual battle, then the ten foot rule is waived. You cant exactly say bang your dead when your spraying paint at someone while running around in circles, diving in bushes. Its just a rule so newer players dont get frustrated/mad when they get hit with a 280fps ball at close range.

And oddly enough, they discourage bunkering at my field! Unfortunatly, since this is my only field, I've never actually seen a bunking move done! I can guess what it employs, but still can you explain the specifics?
Old 06-07-2002, 12:48 PM   #16
juvenile

dang, that sounds like fun
Old 06-07-2002, 02:16 PM   #17
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
And oddly enough, they discourage bunkering at my field! Unfortunatly, since this is my only field, I've never actually seen a bunking move done! I can guess what it employs, but still can you explain the specifics?

Bunkering isn't really a single thing. It involves coming up on someone who is hiding in a bunker of some sort. A person might crawl up and pop over the top to shoot the guy in the head. Maybe around the side, etc. I've seen videos of guys rushing and diving over the top while shooting people. Really sweet, but takes a lot of guts.

Old 06-07-2002, 02:31 PM   #18
Kyle
elyK

Youguys play when it's dark?...or light outside...?i've only played once...at a friends house...his parents own a lot of land...and there are tons of trees on that land...there weren't enough guns for me and a few other people...so we just picked teams and ran around...(we were playing capture the flag)..and everyonce in a while we'd take a pass at the other teams flag...it was pretty badasss...and the fact that we couldn't see much...made it even better...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 02:37 PM   #19
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I've only played when it was light or getting dark. We wanted to play a night game of woodsball, but its a little dangerous. Also hard to distinguish between teams unless we were going to run some sort of scenario.

Old 06-07-2002, 04:32 PM   #20
blind34_1

I've only played during the day, and only at the field. There just doesnt seem to be enough land around to do it anywhere else safely. starts at 9am sharp and goes till 3pm.

Thats kinda what I figured bunkering was, just wasnt too sure. It makes sense that they discourage it at my field. I really get mad when I get shot at close range. Like last week....

Two teams are on the opposite side of a hill. Each team has a bunch of structures known as their village. The main idea is to take the hill and use it for sniping. You take the hill = you own the game. Usually, one team is more aggresive than the other, and it makes for an easy round. This time both teams sent people to the hill. I came up over the rise and got a faceful of paint! It hurt a lot and for a minute I was really pissed. (for you non-paintball folks, we wear specially designed masks for just this kind of thing - safety is always first). Like always I got over it, but I really felt bad for this one guy that walked away with a huge goose egg on his forehead from someone shooting a hot gun. He invented a few new words that day! Ouch!

Anyway, thats one of my paintball stories.
Old 06-07-2002, 04:51 PM   #21
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

The most painful shot I ever took came in from behind my mask and hit me in the back of my jawbone under my ear. I had an old mask on and was fogged up and didn't see the guy hiding 5-7 feet away

I have a flex 7 ize mask now, and the whole bottom of it is designed to be flexy so the paint won't break when it hits. Its flexy enough to slam you in the face every time you get shot there, but at least the paint hardly ever breaks.

Old 06-07-2002, 05:18 PM   #22
mt.biker

another one of my most memorable moments was when we were taking a building, i was about to head up some stairs. Got real low because i thought i heard something, turned the corner nice and slow (gun first). Saw this guy slowly coming down the stairs. Shot him twice in the chest. Well he didn't think i had hit him... even though he was all green (stupid punk) and decided after i stood up to go up the stars to shot me in the knee and face. Well needless to say my knee hurt like shit in seconds and i could taste the paint. I unloaded a full gun on his face and knee.

Later that day he apologized to me for doing such a dumb thing. I didn't apologize for how i had reacted.
Old 06-07-2002, 05:35 PM   #23
blind34_1

Thats cool. I have a JT nVader mask. Its thermal at least, and I'm pretty happy with it. I think I've taking a total of three goggle shots though. It does not deflect!
Old 06-09-2002, 09:46 PM   #24
blind34_1

I just remembered another story...

I was stalking through the woods, not really looking around because I thought we were advancing on the other team. I walk up to a bunker to pause and listen. I hear a slight rustling behind me, and whirl around to look and see. Paint is flying at me from behind a tree! I bring my gun about, but it took a glancing blow from a paintball and engaged the safety and uncocked the gun! Needless to say that guy owned me....then as I'm walking back another guy decides to take target practice at the dead guy! What made that even worse was that he was on my team!
Oh well, just thought I'd share...anyone have any more stories?

(btw: sorry mt. biker if it sounds like I completly ignored you're post, but I think we posted at the same time, and so I never had time to respond to it. -- Boy I hate it when people dont call themselves out when its obvious they've been hit! Or when they've already been nailed long ago in the firefight and they continue to fling paint at you in a last ditch attempt to "take someone with them". Oh well, he was probly new to the game, right?
Old 07-17-2003, 02:41 AM   #25
aznriceownz

instead of creating another paintball thread i thought i would just reply to this one..

I've been playing for a little over a year, I'm shootin a spyder tl+ (14" teardrop, empire reloader, spring kit). Thats pretty much all i'm gonna do with it. I'm saving up for an autococker, which I should get by 2005.

I used to play woodsball at this field (not a real field) near my house, but they started building houses near it and the cops came and kicked us out

http://team-echelon.cjb.net
Old 07-17-2003, 02:28 PM   #26
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Wow, this is an old thread.. Actually there are a couple of them. I have a Spyder Imagine.. To bad I cant get my loser friends to play!
Old 07-17-2003, 02:41 PM   #27
pbateson

That's old thread from last year!

I never play the paintball but it hurt as bad. :o
Old 07-17-2003, 06:52 PM   #28
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

'clipse cocker on maxflow w/ silver freak..

shoots like a dream.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 10:21 PM   #29
aznriceownz

Quote:
Originally posted by pbateson
That's old thread from last year!

I never play the paintball but it hurt as bad. :o

It doesnt hurt that bad when you get used to it. Its like playing football, at first your worried about getting tackled and then your like "ehh what ever".
Old 07-18-2003, 04:18 PM   #30
blind34_1

holy crap, somebody's been using the search feature! this is an old thread.

I like what I said when I started the thread, "i've been to the fields five or six times now..."
now I work there half the time, and play whenever I can.

it only hurts when your shoot in the nuts. hurts more when your reffing cause your adrenaline isn't pumping.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:10 PM   #31
cashizslick

Yall dont know nuthin - u havent played till u've played at Night in the Woods with a Glowstick taped to the barrel of your gun.

-the only catch is u cant cover the glowstick up!
Old 07-18-2003, 08:12 PM   #32
cashizslick

*just kiddin bout the know nuthin part
Old 07-19-2003, 12:02 PM   #33
blind34_1

that sounds pretty cool, never done that before. reffing that game sounds pretty hard.
Old 07-19-2003, 06:52 PM   #34
Duckydos

Damn, this is an old thread, too bad I missed it.
Yea, to answer the original question: I have a '00 Autococker with pretty much everything done to it except a new body (wish I had just gotten a Dye Cocker in the first place). I was in ROTC and we had a team and did pretty well. I've played in like 10 tournies and took first in two of them. We wanted to play the World Cup (which is every year here in Orlando) but funds just aren't there.
But after I got my car, paintball pretty much went on hold (and when I got the girlfriend, the car went on hold). I have thought about selling my gun before, but I am really reluctant (over $1200 invested, and I would only be able to get $500 for it max). I am going to keep it around and try to play once or twice a year.

-Ducky
Old 07-19-2003, 11:09 PM   #35
aznriceownz

yea im slowly getting out of it cuz i'm getting my car and license soon (IN 5 FRIGGEN MONTHS).