::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2002, 01:03 PM   #1
jeq214

amp installation

hey guys, it's me again. does anyone know any good sites that will give a walkthrough on how to install my amp. I want it in my trunk and it's going to hook up to my front doors and rear speakers. Can anyone give me instructions here? I've got a pyramid amp. 1000w. 4 ch. w/built in crossovers. Gladly appreciate any replies. I love this site!!!
Jon
Old 05-15-2002, 02:58 PM   #2
diesel_uk

you tell me exacly what you have ie in amp/woofer/headunit/phono cable ( R.c.a.) also if you have any fuse blocks and if you have any distribuation blokes if complicated and if you want advise .It is nto as simple as you may think.Please be a little xplaine in more detail as to what you have...
Old 05-15-2002, 10:14 PM   #3
black95gs-t

first off if you think that pyramid is going to push 1000W you are very sadly mistaken. but what you need to do is get 2 pair of 16 foot rca cables. hook them up to the rca connections on the back of your radio. make sure that you connect them correctly. FL to FL, FR to FR, RR to RR, and RL to RL. then you will have to run speaker wire to all of the speakers from the amplifier because the wires that are currently going to them are from your radio and therefor will need to be rerun. run power directly from the battery. ground not very far from the amp. depending on what speakers you have you might have to turn the gain way down. set the X-over frequency to as close as you can get it to about 85 100Hz for the front. make sure you have both filters set on high pass. and for the rear if you want some more bass make it 75-90.
J

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote