Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2005, 07:32 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Informercials have got to go

So tonight in my regular ritual of drinking and whatnot, I came to a conclusion. Infomercials (you know...those programs that make toxic chemicals and ridiculously obsolete items seem necessary) have to stop now...or at the very least change. I saw one tonight for a vacuum cleaner. I'm not even sure which one. The problem was with how they portrayed the use of the vacuum vs. other brands (supposedly the "top model", ignoring the fact that if their model is, in fact, so fucking cool, that it would be the "top model"). I feel that this infomercial is pretty typical. They invite some sort of challenge of "conventional" products and proceed to totally destroy the competition in some sort of "challenge". But while I was watching the thing, this woman fumbled around with "the competition's" vacuum like she was some sort of palsey victim. I mean seriously...pigs can manipulate joysticks, yet this dumb twat can't work a fucking vacuum cleaner? Look...I don't have arms and I can work a fucking vacuum cleaner folks. This is such a common thread in these fucking things that it's ridiculous. If they had a contest where the two products finished relatively close but the "new and improved" model won by a small margin, I'd probably be more impressed. But when some dipshit cunt fumbles with simple everyday equipment I suffer a small stroke due to the fact that, while she's got the arms, I'm about 100 IQ points more intelligent. So, in the interest of my longevity, infomercials must be banned. That...or they can start looking more like a product analysis rather than blatant propaganda for shitty overpriced crap (yeah...they throw in a second one for free just because they think they'll make some more money).
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:03 AM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

lol yeah
"Look at all this equipment a normal vacuum needs to function!"
[insert woman dropping 20' of hose and 30 attachments to do a set of stairs, thowing her arms up, covered in dust]

They are ridiculous and Ive never known anyone who actually bought anything from them...which is the thing that makes them so odd. Im sure that many of us dont know anyone who's purchased something off an infomercial, but there they are, every day of the week.

I tend not to mind the Ronco ones, just because the guy is ancient and has made billions off all the retards of the world who bought a pocket fisherman. But its now gotten a little out of hand...
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:12 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

but wait, there's more, if anyone posts in the next 2 minutes they will get banned.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 07:04 PM   #4
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I actually almost respect Ron Popeel (sp?). At least his shit looks like it does what he says it'll do. That, and he doesn't have people hopelessly fumbling around with everyday items. But now that I think about it, when he advertises his knives, it'd be cool to see someone fucking around with a knife and the voice over says "has this happened to you?" right before someone cuts their finger off. Oh man...that'd be so awesome.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 08-28-2005, 07:51 PM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

what are you doing watching infomercials... lol you are asking to be pissed off watching those in the middle of the night

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:47 PM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
what are you doing watching infomercials... lol you are asking to be pissed off watching those in the middle of the night

I was drunk.*shrug*

Old 08-28-2005, 11:24 PM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

good enough explanation

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 06:28 AM   #8
CD5Passion

haha i dont know how intoxicated you were what made yous it through it..i mean when i see one come one I'd rather get bitten by a ebola monkey than sit through that, i do whatever i can to change the channel