::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2003, 11:57 PM   #1
A_D

flowmaster 60 series mufflers

anyone had any experience with these? i know flowmaster makes some ****in bad ass mufflers for trucks and street rods, but i dunno how well they can pull an import muffler off. i'm assuming it's nice. and with the tons of mufflers out there, i'm hesitant to buy anything else because flowmaster has a good rep as far as i'm concerned. but then again i have no idea how this thing sounds or performs.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:29 AM   #2
Shot 2 Hel

not on an import, at least not till i heard it. But there are many brands that are known to sound good on imports

Like thermal R&D, Greddy, Tanabe, etc.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:04 AM   #3
Duckydos

They have sound clips on their site:
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/we...PerfMuff7.html

The sound clips make it sound OK I guess, but it's just a rear section (not cat-back... connects to the resonator).

-Ducky
Old 05-29-2003, 11:00 AM   #4
Shot 2 Hel

well he said they were mufflers. If you get them are you expecting to get a new pipe?
Old 05-29-2003, 05:59 PM   #5
A_D

i'm not sure exactly. i was debating on whether or not to do some performance on my engine (f22b auto). i was thinking about in a couple years doin an H22A swap but i was reading on here that it really doesn't cut it for an accord. i'd also do a 5 speed conversion which i guess is a *****. i just sorta wanna get the sound and get a few horses/make the engine breath better. the next time i get 300-500 bucks i'm gonna have my friend who works down at a honda store (bikes, atvs, boats, shit like that) to port my intake and exhaust and put on a new fuel rail and whatnot

but yeah i guess i'll probably go with a different muffler. my friend has a full exhaust system that splits to a Y and has dual mufflers (obviously) and they look like they might be hayame(sp?) from browsing the net. his shit is so nice sounding. its one of the extremely few import exhaust tones that i've heard and liked.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:59 PM   #6
Duckydos

That's true. I guess when it comes to doing an exhaust, I generally think of the cat-back route and not just replacing the muffler.

Last edited by Duckydos : 05-29-2003 at 06:08 PM.
Duckydos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 01:24 PM   #7
rakugaki

wow, looks kinda cool,

"they ain't trippin bout the flows" - bubb rubb
Old 06-02-2003, 02:13 PM   #8
Shot 2 Hel

H22 swap not cutting it for the accord. Thats one of the most common swaps that i have heard of