::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2003, 06:07 PM   #1
Wren57

G35 IS Skyline 350GT

Ok, just to clear something up. I didn't wanna hijack another thread so I figured I'd put one up here just so everyone isn't mislead. The Infiniti G35 is the US Version of the Japanese Skyline 350GT. Only differences are the side in which the driver sits and the JDM version has HID for both low and high-beams...

http://www.nissan.co.jp/EN/LINEUP/lineup_32.html

http://jns.ixla.jp/users/toshi358960/index.html

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE/V35/0301/

I can find more if you like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hs.jpg (20.8 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by Wren57 : 04-14-2003 at 06:32 PM.
Wren57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 06:11 PM   #2
RU_Teg

car looks nice but the picture looks a bit...how do I say...fuzzy kinda?
Old 04-14-2003, 06:16 PM   #3
Wren57

Yup... thank HS for the 400x600 max, I had to shrink the pic...
yea yea I know they gotta limit bandwidth, dont flame me, i was just messin
Old 04-14-2003, 07:15 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well if that's the skyline it looks a lot better than the concepts i saw

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 09:41 PM   #5
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

LOL.. who cares!!!

j/k, its seems that you want to glorify the car you have chosen.. Which is understandable, tough unnecessary.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 01:02 AM   #6
Violent Apathy

Thought Skylines were AWD....

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 01:28 AM   #7
nonovurbizniz

He's responding to a coment that I made in another thread...

A. I don't read japanese...
B. I didn't see any hp comparissons between it and the infiniti
C. Did they drop AWD in the new Skylines???
(this guy says NO:
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.jbskyline.net/V35/GTR/
the new car will continue to use ATTESA, the GT-R’s computer-controlled all-wheel-drive system. New for the coming GT-R will be variable damping control for the suspension and a paddle-shift six-speed gearbox.
D. I don't keep up on japanese new cars...

If I said... my car is an si... people would be impressed till I told them it was SOHC... (I have an ex... it's just an example).

The MANY things that make a skyline (insidentally it's pretty much accepted that the gtr's and spec v's are the only winner skylines. the rest are like GAY 4 door sedans) cool are TOTALLY absent from your car... your car is cool and all but like I said... it's NO skyline... maybe technically it is but technicalities never got anyone laid (i was gunna say one races but un-fortunately they do).

saying i have a skyline means you have a awd computer controlled turbo charged BEAST that instills fear into all who come across it...

HERE is why your car IS a skyline (like old japanese ladies drive) and NOT a cool skyline like real men drive:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t85492.html
Old 04-15-2003, 01:30 AM   #8
nonovurbizniz

and IF I could dig it up (the american importer of skylines' website) the saddest part is for ALL the money you spent... you could've been driving a legalized rb24 or 32. granted insurance would probobly be a anal probing but you'd be able to say "my car is a skyline" without getting flamed.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:23 AM   #9
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Who cares... Its not AWD TT 6 cylinder... Therefore its just another car. :o
Old 04-15-2003, 01:43 PM   #10
Wren57

Yeah, I realized after posting it sounds like Im trying to glorify it, although that wasn't the intention. Oops. Anyways, they are changing the tt awd skyline you are thinking of to the name GT-R and dropping the name skyline all from it, which they have applied to the skyline/g35... i've just read a ton about them lately and wanted to share what I knew so people wouldn't go out there, say something, and be made fun of by someone in the know. By the was, motorex.net is the website and no, you can not get a legalized skyline for less than 35k unless it is a GTS which totally blow ass. Why do you think they are so rare in the states? If they were only 35k they would be everywhere...

Last edited by Wren57 : 04-15-2003 at 01:47 PM.
Wren57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 01:53 PM   #11
Wren57

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Who cares... Its not AWD TT 6 cylinder... Therefore its just another car. :o

yet
the fx35 awd platform mounts up perfectly to the g35c as they use the same platform/engine, and several companies are near production phase of their turbo kits
Old 04-15-2003, 02:01 PM   #12
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

ok.. the g35 coupe is the new skyline. thers no arguing that. it is NOT THE GTR that everyone wants. the GTR skylines are the ones that are the absolute badass lalala you know the story... skylines. in previous skyline generations there have been non-turbo non awd, non wide fender skylines. they had 4 door r33 and r34's that were a luxory car... much like the g35 sedans. the skyline gt was the rwd non turbo, the gt-s ot gts-t(tomething like that) was the rwd rb25det (2.5 single turbo) there was also a rb20det(2.0 single turbo) that i believe came in the r32s only. there was also rb20 and rb25 non-turbo motors that were used. remember, skylines are normal cars over in japan, its the GTRs that own. the GT-R for the new generation of skyline is still being developed. expect a very similar body with more aggressive fenders, probobly black headlights, and a 3.5 twin turbo. that is my guess...i'd say in the neiborhood of 345-375hp and 350-400 lb/ft stock tq. that last bit is my guess.... and only that. do not hold me to it, or quote me on it. the g35 coupes are not the same as the 350z btw. the g35 has more of a trunk lip, and honestly, looks like a better car IMO.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 02:11 PM   #13
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
yet
the fx35 awd platform mounts up perfectly to the g35c as they use the same platform/engine, and several companies are near production phase of their turbo kits

Sounds like way to much money involved for me!
Old 04-15-2003, 02:14 PM   #14
Wren57

just tranny swap + turbo... well, ok so that is a lot, but while Im in college (at least 5 years), it can and will be done...
Old 04-15-2003, 02:15 PM   #15
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
yet

i would keep this car stock, drive it and enjoy it for a few years, then when the GTR comes out in america... think about a new car it will minimize longterm headaches of turbocharging a motor not exactly boost ready. besides... its an infinity... treat it lilke one nice 18's, and thats it. you have something to prove? i know i wouldnt if i had that car

me: oh no you beat me... well.. im going to use my navigation system to get home and park MY g35 in the garage where MY g35 stays.
other guy: well... my cars faster and it only cost me 10g's
me: .....
me: sweet

Old 04-15-2003, 02:52 PM   #16
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Oh boy another G35 post.......

Like Chris said, its not a GTR. A TT & AWD setup on that G35 would be ruining an Infinity. Not to mention the cost. Though you seem to have a source of unlimited income for things.

Enjoy the car. Or just ruin it if you feel the need to spend money.
Old 04-15-2003, 02:54 PM   #17
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by Addict
Oh boy another G35 post.......

lol... yeah you'd think the SEARCH button might cut down on some of these....
Quote:
Enjoy the car. Or just ruin it if you feel the need to spend money.

i see you have the same feelings i do about modding nice cars

Old 04-15-2003, 03:04 PM   #18
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
lol... yeah you'd think the SEARCH button might cut down on some of these....

Yeah you'd think....

Quote:
i see you have the same feelings i do about modding nice cars

Its different when you're modding a $2k-10k Honda. Hondas are not luxury cars. A ton of my money has gone into these cars. And will most likely continue to until I am able to afford a different one(need a new job).
Old 04-15-2003, 04:30 PM   #19
silver

from the people that I have talked with at nissan motorsports, the usdm gtr that will be released here is supposed to be a n/a v8 at the moment. it will not be called a skyline or have a title other than gtr.

and with the exception of a few people on here, nobody should be allowed to talk about skyline's until they learn more about them.

nonofurbizniz...a spec-v is a nissan sentra, last time i checked i didn't drive a skyline except for the "skyline inspired" front bumper and "skyline inspired" seats, which are styled from an r34 4-dr seats. as for a v-spec skyline...
and what is an rb24?

chris, if memory serves me correct the rb20det was actually in the first bnr32's, which were the first gtr's, but then they switched to the rb26dett when the motor was done, so I believe it was only for a year or less.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 05:37 PM   #20
nonovurbizniz

OH my god I'm SOOOO sorry I put the v last instead of first...

I meant rb26.... again I can't believe I had the audacity to mis-type.... I think I posted that at like 2am...

And as far as...
Quote:
with the exception of a few people on here, nobody should be allowed to talk about skyline's until they learn more about them.

GOD I hope that was a joke...

and as far as not modding nice cars.... why not?? if you know what your doing and have the money it's a BILLION times better than modding these worthless cars....

Have you ever seen a ruf porsche... till a couple of years ago amg didn't come from the factory for mercedes either... AC Schnitzer...

Modding these cars is the waste of money if you ask me... I'd take a modded to the hilt 300z over a civic ANY day.

My buddies dad just had the cats removed from his ferrari... that he said it pulls like nobodies business AND it fixed the problem of the cat/o2 over-heating and in turn him not being able to drive the car.... ALL cars need modding... there is NO car I've ever scene with the exceptions of some limited production cars that don't need or wouldn't benifit from PROPER modding.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:44 PM   #21
Wren57

Haha nonov and I agree on something else, what is that like 2 things that we have ever agreed on?

Why NOT mod any type of car? Why NOT add more power to any car? I agree with that unless you plan on spending serious money to run high boost, a honda is worthless... gets its ass kicked straight-line by just about everything and gets destroyed in the twisties by most sports cars with decent suspension... just doesnt make sense to try and make a muscle car out of an econocar... you can use the argument that it is "original" and "different", but hah, no it isnt...

My mom has a bmw 325ci... it is a slug and she wants more power... just because it is a 40k car does that mean she shouldn't get what she wants?

Basically I think if you want something changed with your car, do it. There is no reason not to. And if you want to add a momo shift knob and steering wheel to your honda, go for it... It wont do anything in terms of performance but if you like it, why not.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:46 PM   #22
Wren57

Oh yeah, one last thing... think about the "mods" some of you people do... lets say a CAI gives approx 5% power (very generous)...
120hp Civic that is 6HP for $200
280hp G35 that is 19HP for $200

Still not make sense?
Sure the G35 airbox will already be tuned from the factory, but you catch my drift...
Old 04-15-2003, 08:27 PM   #23
ShEaNy

id just drive the nice car.....
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote