.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2001, 09:29 AM   #1
VTC_CiViC

Only thing better than beating an RSX-S.. is beating a cocky one!

This was probably my favorite kill of all time, you'll see why. Quick scenario, it's me + 2 people in my Civic, sitting at a light getting ready to make a left onto SW 137th ave (3 lane, 1/2 mile interval between lights, excellent for "quickies"). While sitting there, I spot a silver RSX going the other way and note to Ray, "Ya know, I've gotta run one of those sometime." I make my left and not even 2 mins later, what comes up along my passenger side.. yep, a black RSX Type S. Stock looking w/ tints, 19-22 year old driving, friend in the passenger side, girl in the back. So we've both got 3 passengers.
After stopping at a light together, it goes green and I leave normally, RSX doesn't do anything so I just putt along, suddenly I hear the a very loud and distinct VTEC cross over the and RSX is blaring by me, bastard! I stomp on it in 2nd, hit 3rd and by the top of 3rd am door to door with him, hit 4th and pull about a car away woohoo! At the next red light he rolls his windown and I ask him if it's a real Type S, he says yes and I don't say anything but have his disapointed look on my face. I mean for 200hp and 142lbs of torque, I did expect a better showing since I've had GS-R's give me a harder time. Then he busts out with a "I wasn't even trying..." Oh really? He says "oh you wanna go?!" I agree and we're ready for the green.

3-2-1 go! We pull off the line together, I've got maybe a nose on him by the top of 2st, 2nd I put a good car on him, 3rd it's about 2.5 cars, 4th and I shut down at about 95, up by some 4 cars.. so not only did I beat him, I beat him worse than when he wasn't trying... AND I got to rub it in his face lol!! Ahh yes, the only thing better than beating a cocky driver, is one who shoves his foot WAY down his mouth
Old 11-19-2001, 09:56 AM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

LOL

good story dude!
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 10:06 AM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

bwahaha... Great Kill!
Old 11-19-2001, 11:55 AM   #4
97lude

Its all about driver skill. Just because you beat one car doesn't mean that type of car is slow. I've beaten 01 Mustang GT's before but that doesn't mean my car is faster. Props on your kill, but don't judge all cars by one kill.
Old 11-19-2001, 12:27 PM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

nice kill man

Quote:
Originally posted by 97lude
Its all about driver skill. Just because you beat one car doesn't mean that type of car is slow. I've beaten 01 Mustang GT's before but that doesn't mean my car is faster. Props on your kill, but don't judge all cars by one kill.
very true, ive had ppl tell me they've beaten a h22 lude before and dont wana race me cause they've beaten one. and visa versa, i even caught myself saying it last night, some kid has a v6 stang, and he wanted to go, i really didnt feel like racing so i was like, ive beaten alot of v6 stangs very badly before, but then he was like i got exaust and a chip, so i went for it, won by a few cars upto top of 3rd. i had a pretty bad launch, but still won.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 12:43 PM   #6
VTC_CiViC

Oh i'm not judging all RSX's, but none the less, this one was just uninspried. I know I've supprised alot of people even before I was turbo, been acused of having a motor swap, NOS, you name it. Nothing makes up for bad driving I know. I'm sure the RSX is a capable car, but in this case, I beat t cleanly. Also note, he left the line with me pretty closley, not much wheel spin and neither I nor my co-pilot detected any mis-shifts at all..
Old 11-19-2001, 12:50 PM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

well, they run high 14's stock, so id bet u can beat him or any other stock rsx.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 01:24 PM   #8
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Nice kill. I love it when people shut those cocky drivers up.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 08:44 PM   #9
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Nice kill. I love it when people shut those cocky drivers up.
HELL YEAH
that's f*cking great
Good to see a vic killing.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 01:41 AM   #10
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
well, they run high 14's stock, so id bet u can beat him or any other stock rsx.

Are you serious?? I dont believe they run high 14's...where did you see that????
Old 11-20-2001, 06:34 AM   #11
97lude

Car and Driver got a 14.8 on their test. A few owners have posted stock timeslips of 14.6 and dynos of about 180 to the wheels. The car definitely has potential.
Old 11-20-2001, 03:41 PM   #12
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

need more time to have nice parts made

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote