Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2003, 04:56 AM   #1
GetTheImage

Monitors, subs, amp, DVD, etc...

Hooboy, where do I start?

Okay, I'm not much for tech stuff, so I dunno what to do!

I would like to install, or rather HAVE installed, an indash monitor(dvd player included if possible, saw a Panasonic, if not, a separate dvd), couple screens in my headrests, stick a PS2 or other video game console in 'er, get some new subs and a new amp. I have a 2000 Civic EX. I currently have an 801 series Panasonic deck, some el cheapo subs and a cheapie amp.

Here's my dilemma: I live in a pretty small town (Idaho Falls, Idaho) and I kinda question anyone's capability to install this kinda stuff....what I mean to say is, I don't know that there would be any experienced people around. About all I got to work with is a Circuit City. I've considered goin to Salt Lake City, which isn't too far off, to have this done, but I dunno. If I ever have any problems I don't wanna hafta go back down there necessarily. Additionally, if I want products that THEY don't carry installed, they're gonna charge me up the ying-yang(did I just say that?), and I don't particularly...gahh!! I'm just not sure where to start. I'm uncertain what brand names are better than others, and I'm aware a lot of that is individual taste and opinion, but.... Honestly I've never done much with too much stereo/entertainment systems in cars, but I love to learn, I just don't have much to work with in my area. I don't know where to go. LOL

Additionally, another concern is that I'm having my interior reupholstered with grey and red soon, as far as the monitors in the headrests would I do well to have the upholstery done first, or does it matter? That's all I can really think of for the moment, it's wayyyyyyy too late right now(or early, depending on how you look at it).

Thanks for any advice you can offer!!
Old 02-01-2003, 12:57 PM   #2
a96710

well for the monitor.....some good brands would be, Kenwood, Alpine, Panasonic. Kenwood has a unit that is, TV, DVD, touch screen in one DIN size unit. On the Alpines and Panasonics you have to get a DVD player seperate. But that Kenwood unit is around $2400. I think it would be easier to have the upholstery done first before you have the headrest monitors put in cause they'll have to cut it to fit the monitors in right
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 07:21 PM   #3
GetTheImage

Thanks much for your reply, I'm glad I got one...

I found a shop around town that I'm workin with, surprised me that they've done as much work with this stuff as they have, but they had an impressive portfolio(impressive to me anyway)

So, um, yeah. Thanks again!