::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > New Kid on the Block
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2003, 08:35 PM   #1
the_hulkamaniac

Howdy! and can I get some advise?

Hi! I just found this place today wile bored at work and surfing the net, (i finally got away from the quad web sites). I am looking to build up this little toy, I bought it cheap cuz it hit a deer! Also the transmission is going, which is ok I have a spair.
I have a bodyshop(well family business) so the repairs wont be a problem. I also want to make it a bit of a showcase for the shop, so I want good looking stuff on it.

The civic is a 90 CRX 1.5L base model. I think I will put a carbon fiber hood on it. The deer beat up the last one, it needs a LT fender I was going to go with the OEM but have found Z3 fenders on the net.
Has anyone tried them, if so how do they fit? I want a body kit urathane, not fiberglass if possible. Any carbonfiber bumpers?
I have a set of projector headlamps for it, and a windshield. So everything else is from start.

Last a friend has an 88 prelude with the back end taken out, good motor and trans. Will it work in my little car, just asking because I can get it cheap. What other motors would be good for it.
Thanks for your help.
Old 01-13-2003, 09:18 PM   #2
a96710

How's it goin....welcome to HS. I dunno if I can answer all your questions but I will try on some. The Z3 fenders should fit pretty well. As for other engines...you might try a B16a1, any of the B18 (Integra) Integra engines.
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 09:24 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Happy HondaStylin' i have no idea about crx's. i'm mopre of the accord guy but i think a b18c1 will be dope on the car. i think it's a very easy drop.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 11:18 PM   #4
Honda530

You could get a jdm zc motor. Its dohc and pretty cheap. www.hmotorsonline.com has them. or is it hondamotorsonline.com I forget. Those are pretty strong motors.
The zc motor would be an easy swap too. Hmm as for body kits if you have the money I would get the Black widow series 2 kit they ahve for your crx its freakin bad.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:08 AM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Welcome to HS

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 07:51 PM   #6
Shot 2 Hel

i dunno a whole lot about CrX's but check out the CRX section, people there should be able to help you out a good bit more.