::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2002, 08:28 PM   #1
Afroney

what the heck is dynomat?

I went to best buy to buy my new pioneer front and rear speakers. The first thing the salesman tried to sell me is the "extended warrenty" for 40 bucks, hah, not like im going to blow the speakers out without an amp anyways. The second thing he tried to sell me was something called Dynomat? I guess its some sort of foam or something that redirects sound better or something. The stuff was 20 bucks, and since I didnt know what it was, I didnt buy it. Does it really make that much of an improvement?
Old 12-29-2002, 08:32 PM   #2
guprestyle
1st Gear

Dynomat gets rid of rattle and road noise. It does make a differnece, but prob not necessary unless ur gonna get amp/sub.

02coupev6
guprestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 01:21 PM   #3
blind34_1

never heard of "dynomat". you mean Dynamat...

like guprestyle said, it gets rid of rattle. It improves bass as well, but again you wont notice a huge diff unless amp/sub.

OT, but i've got a whole bunch of foam material in 20x20 sheets that acts the same way as dynamat...MUCH cheaper
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 01:25 PM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

It basically adds mass to whatever you apply it to in order to reduce vibration.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 04:45 PM   #5
armyguy5
3rd Gear

dynamat....i've put dynamat in a few things.....the most was on my 91 lumina between the taillights and the bumper cuz it would rattle like crazy. we put some in out 78 and 79 chevy k20's and none in any other vehicle...my license plate on my civic started to ratlle so i threw one of those packing peanuts in between the plate and the holder and it works =) kinda ghetto though. BUt my friend just went and spent 200 dollars on dynamat and didn't ask anyone if he should.....unless you plan on putting your car into shows dont bother with dynamat unless you get a huge rattle or vibration....

just my little 2 cents

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 10:22 PM   #6
JamieS697

I have a huge rattle!!! Hate it so much i wont turn up my stereo bc on two of the volume setting my trunk sounds like its gonna fall off!!

Newayz i think im waiting to get dynamat or brownbread bc the funds are low but i cant take the rattle!!
Old 01-03-2003, 09:12 PM   #7
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

it depends on what series of it that u get because they have a few different types but it works good but will add weight. i put it in my last truck and it worked good but added an extra 25 lbs (just on floors of a 99 ext cab ranger)
ifeldwn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 09:01 PM   #8
Shot 2 Hel

i say dont really waste your money, b/c its pretty much the same as installation that you use in your home. So just go to the hardware store and get some for a lot cheaper
Old 01-21-2003, 10:50 AM   #9
TerKel00

Theres a lot of pluses and minuses about dynamat. Yes it does add a lot of weight so if your into keeping your car light..I dont recommend it. If you're all about sound..I recommend doing your whole car and not just the trunk. Do your doors, the floor, and the trunk.It cuts out road noise and keeps all the sound inside and sounds 10 times better with it. I have my trunk done..and it just brings the music more into the car and traps the sound in in a way. I have heard of other ways to reduce rattling and road noise though without using dynamat. Its some sort of spray on crap...supposedly it works pretty good and its cheaper so...
Hope that helps...

Kelly~
Old 01-21-2003, 05:23 PM   #10
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

how heavy is heavy? I was looking into this.. It cant be THAT heavy right? I might get a sub, I'm not sure.. I'm going for speed

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 01:27 PM   #11
TerKel00

http://www.dynamat.com/spec_dynamat_original.htm

They also carry Dynamat Dynaplate..this stuff weighs less but you pay much more for it.

Kelly~